Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everybody :)
I stripped her again... she tried to withstand and begged but I was with no mercy muhahahahahahahaha :D

anyways, I made the video and will try to cut it into a nice digestible 4 hours movie :D LOL
will let you know when I put it up on, Quoting The Editor: "poo tube" :)

hope it will be ok to watch and help other to do the same.
I would like to mention that I can help with wires and ultrasonic soldering with industry grade standard as we also make harnesses for the automotive industry. also any kind of plugs and contacts. if you need help let me know and if I can I will do so to solve the problem.

:D

bear with me... working on a 6 year old gaming laptop... messed up the 1080 and did record in 50p which kind of kills everything in terms of power and fastness... I call for patience :D

Reactions: damoncooper
due to my old laptop and no real opportunity to go on with a better machine I ask if someone with the time and a good PC or MAC would like to edit my video. I will continue to try and edit to make it watchable but I kind of have a dia show and not a streaming pixel resolution video as clearly the full res would not work at all...

in case someone would like to have a go on it let me know and I´ll put them video files up on some cloud for download.

just letting you know. :)

UPDATE :)
so, after I have corrected and put everything in the right order, thanks to the premier pro cs6 I am in the process of media encoding :)
it will be just a whopping 4 and a half hours which I will not wait for :D
Tomorrow morning should be the day I will be uploading it and then you can comment, share and make your opinions on it. I am not a pro in this so any help and advice is welcome. also criticism and I really do have a six year old laptop which is really on the end of its lifespan for the work I need to do and I am looking into getting a macbook pro, the new ones that come out this year... they will be **** expensive but worth it. I know. - hope -
so while the media encoder is running I will pack up and go home for today :)

see you all tomorrow.
cheers
Martin

UPDATE :)
so, after I have corrected and put everything in the right order, thanks to the premier pro cs6 I am in the process of media encoding :)
it will be just a whopping 4 and a half hours which I will not wait for :D
Tomorrow morning should be the day I will be uploading it and then you can comment, share and make your opinions on it. I am not a pro in this so any help and advice is welcome. also criticism and I really do have a six year old laptop which is really on the end of its lifespan for the work I need to do and I am looking into getting a macbook pro, the new ones that come out this year... they will be **** expensive but worth it. I know. - hope -
so while the media encoder is running I will pack up and go home for today :)

see you all tomorrow.
cheers
Martin

Thanks for the great effort on this Martin!

Reactions: gregdd
For a cheaper option than the Thunder Power what size 6S Nano-Tech batteries are the current recommendation these days?

For a cheaper option than the Thunder Power what size 6S Nano-Tech batteries are the current recommendation these days?
you should use LiHV amd not "standard" ones. i will have to invest into some of those also. not TP but maybe multistar that has been mentioned and Ralph has some custom made for the holders. you might check with him or on his site.

you should use LiHV amd not "standard" ones. i will have to invest into some of those also. not TP but maybe multistar that has been mentioned and Ralph has some custom made for the holders. you might check with him or on his site.[/QUOTE

Would something like this work?

• 2800mah capacity
  • 6S 22.2 volts
  • True 100C rating
  • Lifetime warranty
  • 5C fast charge capable
  • 100% waterproof
  • Built today with factory fresh cells
  • 108mm x 37mm x 43mm, 368g

have a read through the thread. I think no more than 25C is best. mAh looks good. important is the weight. Damon did an excessive test on it with many batteries. - If Damon could maybe put up a list again or on the or in the first post - searching for it within the 1000+posts would be less frustrating... - I don´t know if there is one already listed. though.

different topic same thread :D

my video is FINISHED a whopping 5GB and uploading to "POO TUBE" :)
yes Editor, I like your term for this population brain damaging portal. LOL

will post link soon...

Edit: I forgot to mention throughout the whole process that I did the mod ONLY for 6S parallel connection. no 3S series and then parallel or something else.
please take caution on doing this if you plan a different connection type. - now I only have to order some LiHV ´s and a charger to be able to use the mod... :D

DOUBLE EDIT:
the link:
it is not yet uploaded but will be on this link once it´s up and processed. give it another 60- 70 min with processing time and upload. :)

cheers and hope it´s an ok vid :D
I did choose to show myself.
as always, any comments and suggestions are welcome. if someone with more practice would like to make a better cut out of it I can share the raw files. :p

triple edit :D - 21 minutes to finish upload...

fourth edit: it´s UP and almost done processing so it´s still shitty quality in resolution. but enjoy. hope it does help really...

Last edited:
not so shy guys and gals :) comment... good, so so..., FABOULUS, or: Martin, send me the raws and i'll make something out of it :) i am soooooooo curious...
i should have left my face out... right? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tcchow
not so shy guys and gals :) comment... good, so so..., FABOULUS, or: Martin, send me the raws and i'll make something out of it :) i am soooooooo curious...
i should have left my face out... right? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job!!

Can you describe the solder points? Back of the board behind sandpapered-down contact teeth is where I've seen other guys do it.

Also, do you have any closeup pics of your completed bird?

Good job!!

Can you describe the solder points? Back of the board behind sandpapered-down contact teeth is where I've seen other guys do it.

Also, do you have any closeup pics of your completed bird?

thank you.
i posted some a few posts up. i am not in the office at the moment. will be back tomorrow and do some more with flash. the nice happy black finish kind of absorbes all in a pic.

the solder points are fairly easy as the contacts for the batteries go down onto the pcb there is a little gap and then come the motor cables. the gap has enpugh space for a 2mm or awg 12 cable to solder inbetween but under the contact "feet/base". you have to go backwards meaning stick the cable from front to the back (direction) through the holes for the motor cables. will be a bit tight but works fine. i could not take her apart more than i did because of the stiffer cables i used and they were holding it in place too much.

thank you.
i posted some a few posts up. i am not in the office at the moment. will be back tomorrow and do some more with flash. the nice happy black finish kind of absorbes all in a pic.

the solder points are fairly easy as the contacts for the batteries go down onto the pcb there is a little gap and then come the motor cables. the gap has enpugh space for a 2mm or awg 12 cable to solder inbetween but under the contact "feet/base". you have to go backwards meaning stick the cable from front to the back (direction) through the holes for the motor cables. will be a bit tight but works fine. i could not take her apart more than i did because of the stiffer cables i used and they were holding it in place too much.

Ah sorry yes I saw those. Need second coffee!

Reactions: Phatzo
different topic same thread :D

my video is FINISHED a whopping 5GB and uploading to "POO TUBE" :)
yes Editor, I like your term for this population brain damaging portal. LOL

will post link soon...

Edit: I forgot to mention throughout the whole process that I did the mod ONLY for 6S parallel connection. no 3S series and then parallel or something else.
please take caution on doing this if you plan a different connection type. - now I only have to order some LiHV ´s and a charger to be able to use the mod... :D

DOUBLE EDIT:
the link:
it is not yet uploaded but will be on this link once it´s up and processed. give it another 60- 70 min with processing time and upload. :)

cheers and hope it´s an ok vid :D
I did choose to show myself.
as always, any comments and suggestions are welcome. if someone with more practice would like to make a better cut out of it I can share the raw files. :p

triple edit :D - 21 minutes to finish upload...

fourth edit: it´s UP and almost done processing so it´s still shitty quality in resolution. but enjoy. hope it does help really...
Bravo Phatzo Martin, almost perfect, it's not easy to make this video all alone, without close ups to look in detail, but with so much information you gave us before, this vid complete all the process mod, and make it easier.
Thank you for all your efforts to make things clear, and now you can definitely join the Damon's pro club.

Bravo Phatzo Martin, almost perfect, it's not easy to make this video all alone, without close ups to look in detail, but with so much information you gave us before, this vid complete all the process mod, and make it easier.
Thank you for all your efforts to make things clear, and now you can definitely join the Damon's pro club.

happy to do so. glad it does help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue