Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested, but unlike some others. I want to know WHAT has been tried, and how/why it works, or doesn't work,,, I'm glad there's a line of history that has been attempted and different people have chimed in on their pass/fail attempts, and that most of all - it's in the same thread. Otherwise I might have attempted a few things - when someone else already had 2 years ago and never seen it. As with ANY thread, anyone can fast forward to the end and read the last few pages, or the mods can create a sticky if so desired,, but quite honestly the way the internet is, if a new thread gets started - for the same topic, in a different place, 90% of what has been covered already, won't get read and it'll get asked again, and again, and again...... a huge waste of bandwidth.

There are 23 basic things that go wrong with these devices, and triple that in secondary hardware. 63 different main subroutines in software... why are there 9,000 different threads for the same issues four years ago? Instead of organizing it properly. - from beginning - to end. Starting something "new", in a different place, for the same subject makes no sense to me.

That's an organizational fail, and I'm sure the mods in a board that have been around for more than a few years,, roll their eyes every time they see a "new" thread started for the same old thing... keep it simple,, continue on in the same place for the same thing so people of the world can find it - on one website...

It's a pain in the butt attempting to find a viable solid answer to something when you have to redo searches and jump threads, timelines, sites., etc., etc.,

There's my this annoys me rant for the day... apologies for anyone in the next twelve years who reads it (if it's still here) I'm old and cranky : )

On a "battery mod" topic. Reweighing the four corners of the inspire with a pair of 6,600's, created 'hard points' so as to get accurate scale readings since that could never happen with a sprung corner. I may very well be over the weight limitations of hanging one of these things in the air already.

Attempting to make alterations to firmware at the moment (when I can make time).. The two limitations of only seeing 47/58's are in the firmware, that's why you don't see values other than that. (from what I can find) They didn't write the code to be open source,, or an even better example 'open hardware'.

That paragraph above is exactly why I stated earlier 'needed secrecy'. When I worked within hardware / software co's, if we had ANY notion of someone with the intentions of altering our gear,,, before you could blink an eye there were new steeper encryption keys and buried things launched in system updates. I doubt this hardware being 4-5 years old the company would even care, but nonetheless tis why I stated that.

That's my long 2 pennies for the day.

Reactions: ACDS
For anyone that ever looks at this thread, the firmware needs to be altered to recognize ANY battery modifications outside of the two battery cap parameters that 'dee jay high' defines in their firmware for (47's 48's) battery input. (otherwise you're just piggybacking batteries alongside the original one to help OFFSET it depleting) Alterations to the firmware allow you to install > then accommodate ANY (6s) battery in place, larger OR smaller... Requires - Python (at least 2.7). (backtrace -R is your friend)

Reactions: niki
For anyone that ever looks at this thread, the firmware needs to be altered to recognize ANY battery modifications outside of the two battery cap parameters that 'dee jay high' defines in their firmware for (47's 48's) battery input. (otherwise you're just piggybacking batteries alongside the original one to help OFFSET it depleting) Alterations to the firmware allow you to install > then accommodate ANY (6s) battery in place, larger OR smaller... Requires - Python (at least 2.7). (backtrace -R is your friend)
ive been trying to figure the firmware bugs, but still cant find, i have 5 altered .bin files for the inspire, mine is not your grand-dads inspire.....LOL

Which bin files, The main aircraft firmware or the subsequent injected files?

It wasn't intended to be a private conversation, it was just to ask a few questions for people still interested and get away form the 104 pages of misdirection. I have no problem with Initiating a new thread, if people are still interested.
yes we need to figure this out, and yes it can be done, i have been doing other stuff this summer, and playing catch up, i have seen post on a 30 minute inspire, but still no video proof of flight or hover, i have a long video test, and flight as proof, but at end of flight, did a recharge and burnt board, and dont have the play money at this time to do again, ive been working with someone on firmware issues, to remove the smart part of battery and change parameters, so you can plop any battery you want, but need time, i am also running a modded 1.8 firmware, with no restrictions, my inspire will fly to 3% without forced landing, also look for the modded pilot app,,,,,,no phone home to DJI.....

my test, but cooked board because i hooked up aux battery before turning on board........its all about steps

Reactions: ACDS
Hi all, like many others i read the 100 pages and i still don't know what to buy and make.
Got Inspire 1 V2 X5R pro and interested @Acidxr @cruzroy to join the group and share
my knowledge there. THanks a lot in advance

Very simple : I and Damon tested 12 configs from diff mans. Thunderpower tp2800 provide the best flight time 24 min with a tb48 . They are mounted in a bat wing available from several places and using a battery clip so you don’t have to mod the batteries . I’ve pisted images before but can again if needed. I currently have 8 sets of them several never used as I bought 4 sets when they had a 25% off sale and switched to the mavic pro and now mavic 2. I only fly the inspire 1 pro when I need the 45-175 zoom

Reactions: inspireone90
Do you think guys, it is possible to connect 2 tb48 together and removing the electronic part of the ext tb48 ? thank you

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-09-30 à 16.29.38.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2018-09-30 à 16.29.38.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 64
Do you think guys, it is possible to connect 2 tb48 together and removing the electronic part of the ext tb48 ? thank you
I think, just like in your picture - it is impossible.
It is necessary to bring the battery leads under the main battery board so that the battery software determines the total capacity + wiring of the battery cans.
correct me if not right.

Another test with Inspire 1 v2 RAW

1x TB48 - 26.1v
2x GensAce 6S 2600Mah 45C
Air temp 5°C
Wind 4 m/s
Adapter clip
14" TT CF Props
Hovering till 30% battery - 18 min
Hovering till 10% battery - 21 min
Recording video trough the whole flight

As soon I've connected the additional batteries the app changed voltage readings from 4.35v(100%) to 4.18v(still showing 100%)!?
After take off the app showed exactly 25:00 min remaining flight time and it stayed like that for a few minutes then the time began to drop.
Overall the voltage readings where a little lower than what I'm used to see in a normal flight with a TB48 only.

Before landing the app was showing 3.49v ~ 3.45v
After landing:
GensAce's was 22.14v each (3.69v per cell)
TB48 was 21.96 ( 3.66 per cell)
20181117_162005.jpg20181117_162947.jpg20181117_163652.jpg

yes we need to figure this out, and yes it can be done, i have been doing other stuff this summer, and playing catch up, i have seen post on a 30 minute inspire, but still no video proof of flight or hover, i have a long video test, and flight as proof, but at end of flight, did a recharge and burnt board, and dont have the play money at this time to do again, ive been working with someone on firmware issues, to remove the smart part of battery and change parameters, so you can plop any battery you want, but need time, i am also running a modded 1.8 firmware, with no restrictions, my inspire will fly to 3% without forced landing, also look for the modded pilot app,,,,,,no phone home to DJI.....

my test, but cooked board because i hooked up aux battery before turning on board........its all about steps

hello CRUZROY, do you have any news about INSPIRE 1 MOD FIRMWARE ????

I would be working with a friend of mine electronic ENGINEER, to READ the EPROMs that manage the CHECKS OF THE CHARGES of the TB47 / 48 to try to RESET the CYCLES OF RECHARGE, because I think the DJI when we do update our INSPIRE remove 10/20 % of the duration of OUR BATTERIES with each update.
This is an important thing because it can not be that BATTERIES with 70/80 LOAD cycles work only for a few minutes, while being working on this PROBLEM.

Then shortly we will do a test, inserting a RESISTANCE in SERIES on the INTERNAL POSITIVE of the TB48 BATTERY PACK, this system of RESISTANCE in theory from a FORCING to the CONSUMPTION of TB48 so we will try to get INSPIRE WORK with 2 additional LIPOs seeing if these 2 LIPO ESTERNE WORK more than '60/70% and if the TB48 is downloaded more' SLOWLY.

sorry for my ENGLISH, translated with GOOGLE

HELLO, WAITING FOR YOU NEWS

sorry for late reply, life has got me at a hold for anything fun right now, but i have nothing as to battery life....sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters