Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you done anything with the I1 firware on the batteries, its above my pay scale

I'm interested, but unlike some others. I want to know WHAT has been tried, and how/why it works, or doesn't work,,, I'm glad there's a line of history that has been attempted and different people have chimed in on their pass/fail attempts, and that most of all - it's in the same thread. Otherwise I might have attempted a few things - when someone else already had 2 years ago and never seen it. As with ANY thread, anyone can fast forward to the end and read the last few pages, or the mods can create a sticky if so desired,, but quite honestly the way the internet is, if a new thread gets started - for the same topic, in a different place, 90% of what has been covered already, won't get read and it'll get asked again, and again, and again...... a huge waste of bandwidth.

There are 23 basic things that go wrong with these devices, and triple that in secondary hardware. 63 different main subroutines in software... why are there 9,000 different threads for the same issues four years ago? Instead of organizing it properly. - from beginning - to end. Starting something "new", in a different place, for the same subject makes no sense to me.

That's an organizational fail, and I'm sure the mods in a board that have been around for more than a few years,, roll their eyes every time they see a "new" thread started for the same old thing... keep it simple,, continue on in the same place for the same thing so people of the world can find it - on one website...

It's a pain in the butt attempting to find a viable solid answer to something when you have to redo searches and jump threads, timelines, sites., etc., etc.,

There's my this annoys me rant for the day... apologies for anyone in the next twelve years who reads it (if it's still here) I'm old and cranky : )

On a "battery mod" topic. Reweighing the four corners of the inspire with a pair of 6,600's, created 'hard points' so as to get accurate scale readings since that could never happen with a sprung corner. I may very well be over the weight limitations of hanging one of these things in the air already.

Attempting to make alterations to firmware at the moment (when I can make time).. The two limitations of only seeing 47/58's are in the firmware, that's why you don't see values other than that. (from what I can find) They didn't write the code to be open source,, or an even better example 'open hardware'.

That paragraph above is exactly why I stated earlier 'needed secrecy'. When I worked within hardware / software co's, if we had ANY notion of someone with the intentions of altering our gear,,, before you could blink an eye there were new steeper encryption keys and buried things launched in system updates. I doubt this hardware being 4-5 years old the company would even care, but nonetheless tis why I stated that.

That's my long 2 pennies for the day.
the I1 FW all runs thru the sd card, i have not found module that has info on battery, most dji drones have the assitance software that lets you change from dji or non dji battery, the inspire dont, BUT that said, i use my cap mod and got best time of 35 minutes.......28 before that......but 3rd time, the FW rewrote the battery, and now tells the board to shut down seconds after starting the battery........i know there is code in there to change.......but above my pay grade...LOL

well did a test with 2 thunder power 3s 3500 @ 20 degrees BBBBRRRR and did circles and figure 8's at about 40 mph till about 9% land time
2- new tb47s
test 1 13:00 minutes stock tb47 with x3 camera @ 20 degrees
test 2 18:00 minutes stock tb47 with x3 camera @ 20 degrees / 2 3s thunderpower HV 3500
3500's still had 45% on them, why they dont go lower i dont know ??
but 5 minutes more i think is good if anyone wants a cheap mod to add extra minutes, might be alot more with better temperature too

my cap mod is best, but cost and talent is higher

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    899.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    495.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
well did a test with 2 thunder power 3s 3500 @ 20 degrees BBBBRRRR and did circles and figure 8's at about 40 mph till about 9% land time
2- new tb47s
test 1 13:00 minutes stock tb47 with x3 camera @ 20 degrees
test 2 18:00 minutes stock tb47 with x3 camera @ 20 degrees / 2 3s thunderpower HV 3500
3500's still had 45% on them, why they dont go lower i dont know ??
but 5 minutes more i think is good if anyone wants a cheap mod to add extra minutes, might be alot more with better temperature too

my cap mod is best, but cost and talent is higher

If you could only figure out how to get the 45% to be of use. I actually get 13 minutes with my X5R and TB48, 20 minutes would be pretty darn good. I also like the location of the batteries now.

im going to design 2 new mount for forward CG, caz x3 is way to light, but i will double test HV lipos when i get home.....i was guessing 45.....i forgot my meter at home , and i was out of town flying and testing in my girls yard

but i will test with lipo test......but i dont get it, lipo energy should be like water.....find it level ? but i dont have a x5 and tb48......i have 12 tb47.....but im working on finding a good one to test

If you could only figure out how to get the 45% to be of use. I actually get 13 minutes with my X5R and TB48, 20 minutes would be pretty darn good. I also like the location of the batteries now.
This thread is full with info, everything you need to know. Which batteries and what flight time one can get from them was posted many times, years ago but one have to read so to reach that info.
Just a few posts back is mine last test with x5r and 22 mins down to 10%.
Good luck!

This thread is full with info, everything you need to know. Which batteries and what flight time one can get from them was posted many times, years ago but one have to read so to reach that info.
Good luck!
what we are talking about is the leftover power in the AUX lipos, you cant tell me than ran down to 10% ???
the clip adapter put power after the PC board, so it reads the TB47/48, so lipos fall behind

BUT WHAT IF ????????? to be continued

Last edited by a moderator:
what we are talking about is the leftover power in the AUX lipos, you cant tell me than ran down to 10% ???
the clip adapter put power after the PC board, so it reads the TB47/48, so lipos fall behind

BUT WHAT IF ????????? to be continued
In my opinion if TB48 discharged downt to 8% shows 3.66v per cel then the AUX showing 3.69v must be under 10% too?

In my case the AUX was left with 3.69 per cell without load also the main was very close to that - 3.66 per cell.
On other hand while on load the lowest cell in the batteries where 3.37v, this at 8% battery (right at landing time)! Having in mind that the Ncore will shutdown under ~3.0v per cell, depleting more from the cells could be dangerous because at this voltage the possibility of a cell failure is imminent. I haven't seen so far a lipo battery that can provide sufficent power at 3v per cell, usually the battery is dead at this voltage.

There could be a better way to make the MOD, if remember correctly in this thread was reported almost 25 min max flight time with the heavy x5r camera. I'm getting almost 22 min max flight time with the x5r at 1°C which is pretty good for my needs.

In my opinion if TB48 discharged downt to 8% shows 3.66v per cel then the AUX showing 3.69v must be under 10% too?

In my case the AUX was left with 3.69 per cell without load also the main was very close to that - 3.66 per cell.
On other hand while on load the lowest cell in the batteries where 3.37v, this at 8% battery (right at landing time)! Having in mind that the Ncore will shutdown under ~3.0v per cell, depleting more from the cells could be dangerous because at this voltage the possibility of a cell failure is imminent. I haven't seen so far a lipo battery that can provide sufficent power at 3v per cell, usually the battery is dead at this voltage.

There could be a better way to make the MOD, if remember correctly in this thread was reported almost 25 min max flight time with the heavy x5r camera. I'm getting almost 22 min max flight time with the x5r at 1°C which is pretty good for my needs.

now my other mod, is tricky, and needs the FW to be non up-gradable, because once updated, it just shuts down battery at start up, but i got almost 34 minutes, but like i said, not for the faint at heart.......lots of time and money to make it work, im trying to come up with new way that anyone can do and not break the bank..... but the photo is my best work ever, combined with a 6s 8000 to 10000 mah and just x3, i got good time...........i want to now link with the lipo not board, then also have adapter......IMG_7328.JPG

SO i did it again..............do at your own risk!!!!! this mod is before the smart board, so i hope to achieve, more energy from HV lipos, better and more accurate battery telemetry, easier than side wire discharge, an less dangerous for the DIY's , and also longer run time,also i can connect AUX batteries at any time without the lipos starting to charge the main battery
because the other clip mods and batteries with the side discharge, are just sending power to the inspire, this one is before the smart board......well just have to test my theory

IMG_0236.JPGIMG_0238.JPGIMG_0240.JPGIMG_0242.JPGIMG_0243.JPGIMG_0244.JPGIMG_0246.JPGIMG_0250.JPGIMG_0252.JPG

Reactions: ACDS
Good luck!
you do any full length videos of your setup and run time ???

NO way never happen, i have done many flights with adapter, and lipos never drain equal to main battery, yes in Theory they should caz they are plugged into drone, not smart board, plus i try to use HV and high discharge rate lipos, i figured it would push voltage right to the drone.....but it dont, thats why new mod, CELL to CELL solder......then to smart board, then to drone.......IT JUST HAS TO BE MORE Efficient

but we will see, just so cold right now.......drones dont like cold

NO way never happen, i have done many flights with adapter, and lipos never drain equal to main battery, yes in Theory they should caz they are plugged into drone, not smart board, plus i try to use HV and high discharge rate lipos, i figured it would push voltage right to the drone.....but it dont, thats why new mod, CELL to CELL solder......then to smart board, then to drone.......IT JUST HAS TO BE MORE Efficient

but we will see, just so cold right now.......drones dont like cold
In my case the higher C rating helps for the almost equal discharge, that is on the cost of a little more weight and money.

Wonderful job!
But..!
I believe that it is necessary to connect not only the main contacts, but also the balancing contacts to the main board. Parallel.. Since the processor calculates the voltage and capacity on each battery bank and summarizes and gives the total capacity for the program - the calculation of battery capacity and flight time. So it will be right and you can help the processor.

Wonderful job!
But..!
I believe that it is necessary to connect not only the main contacts, but also the balancing contacts to the main board. Parallel.. Since the processor calculates the voltage and capacity on each battery bank and summarizes and gives the total capacity for the program - the calculation of battery capacity and flight time. So it will be right and you can help the processor.

we are not supposed to talk about FW mods, but ive tried that, the code is only written for TB47/TB48 4500mah/22.2v / 5700mah/22.8v , so unless you know how to mod, the balance lead way will fail during a low to full charge, because thats when the FW checks settings if they are not between 4500/5700 and 22.2/22.8 the FW will shut board down...............trust me been there......luckily my inspire was 4 feet off ground.......the aux batteries in my new configuration........should drain down to at least 10% like main battery........( I HOPE) have to test when i have time, and if it works i will try larger lipos,

but unlike the big names, i video full length of a flight.......real world test, and im not out to sell you anything but free knowledge , im working on unscrambling the board........... i have mapped out the board many times.....just need to fool FWIMG_7338.JPG

O1CN01aZRpno1fYHrspZrfB_!!82324018.jpg

Shop (link to the store) - mods

Chinese brothers suggested livehack how to make sure that the percentages and time on a double battery were shown correctly. You just need to solder to the current-measuring resistors are the same in the parallel (for example from above). The capacity will show the same, and the passing current is 2 times less, which we actually need
post-15368-0-93553000-1548053103_thumb.png

---- Information is relevant to for the drone Maviс 1-

Is it possible to use this information for the Inspire 1 battery livehack .

Was this information helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters