Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. especially in POI mode, the bird will go normal >struggle> normal>struggle
because the plate surface has an angle which the side wind will bring the bird off the attitude track so IMU apply bring the bird back to normal once it goes again the same situation happen again and again.....these symptoms was found during real flight testing. that surface also effect when flying forward it created turbulence, so it can't fly at 29km/h at atti mode

Hah. POI instability is actually inherent in DJI's implementation. I have found it unusable with no extra weight or batteries attached. It wobbles precariously doing point of interest flight for me. I use auto pilot instead

I've tried a lot of mounting methods so far and have not found one that's great yet. Perhaps if Damon gets the one for the x5 I will try that!
I have flown the 5200 under the main battery with no issues and got 24 min. But the multistar still has 23% left when the main is at 8%.

The carbon fiber handle work ok for mounting the 2800 on top of the tube that comes with it. However as noted the wires can't be in view of the sensor and I consistently get a compass error in gps and advised by app to take it off gps mode. It seems to fly ok but I do get about a 3 ft circular drift that I don't normally get. However the 2800 ma batts are not performing as well as the single 5200 at this point. So given the issues with landing gear, compass error I don't see the point in using the carbon fiber mounts it the 2800's in this set up! In fact Damon got better times with smaller dual batteries. The only thing that perhaps is hurting their performance but I doubt it is I am running both 2800's into a parallel cord and the other end into the main battery.

I'm getting 23-24 min from one 5200 and only 20 min from two 2800's. Honestly I get 16 min from one t48 so what's the use for 4 minutes ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    727.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 63
Reactions: Fanti
I've tried a lot of mounting methods so far and have not found one that's great yet. Perhaps if Damon gets the one for the x5 I will try that!
I have flown the 5200 under the main battery with no issues and got 24 min. But the multistar still has 23% left when the main is at 8%.

The carbon fiber handle work ok for mounting the 2800 on top of the tube that comes with it. However as noted the wires can't be in view of the sensor and I consistently get a compass error in gps and advised by app to take it off gps mode. It seems to fly ok but I do get about a 3 ft circular drift that I don't normally get. However the 2800 ma batts are not performing as well as the single 5200 at this point. So given the issues with landing gear, compass error I don't see the point in using the carbon fiber mounts it the 2800's in this set up! In fact Damon got better times with smaller dual batteries. The only thing that perhaps is hurting their performance but I doubt it is I am running both 2800's into a parallel cord and the other end into the main battery.

I'm getting 23-24 min from one 5200 and only 20 min from two 2800's. Honestly I get 16 min from one t48 so what's the use for 4 minutes ?
Hah. POI instability is actually inherent in DJI's implementation. I have found it unusable with no extra weight or batteries attached. It wobbles precariously doing point of interest flight for me. I use auto pilot instead
Well, maybe is the dji firmware issue, but after I took it ( bracket underneath ) It fly a lot better.

Try to shorthen the wire and tide it up a little bit, maybe the cable deflect the ultrasonic beam

Reactions: damoncooper
Hello guys, this my first post on the forum. And thank you for this helpful thread. Im about to purchese the inspire 1 pro and the reason I didn't purchase it yet is because the flying time is very disappointing for this expensive drone. I read all the posts on this thread. And i still try to figure out what is the best battay mod for the inspire Pro and what is the best flying time i can get. Demon i can see that you did many test over here and i would like to here your opinion what is the best battery to gets and what mount to use. I will be very thankful if you give me the list of the parts that needed for the best flying time on I1 Pro. If money not an issue what will be your best modification.
Thanks a lot!

Hello guys, this my first post on the forum. And thank you for this helpful thread. Im about to purchese the inspire 1 pro and the reason I didn't purchase it yet is because the flying time is very disappointing for this expensive drone. I read all the posts on this thread. And i still try to figure out what is the best battay mod for the inspire Pro and what is the best flying time i can get. Demon i can see that you did many test over here and i would like to here your opinion what is the best battery to gets and what mount to use. I will be very thankful if you give me the list of the parts that needed for the best flying time on I1 Pro. If money not an issue what will be your best modification.
Thanks a lot!

Welcome erez.

I don't yet have an answer for you with regard to the optimized solution for X5.

But using a battery mod with Tb48 you can get 17 solid minutes of flight with X5 to 30% with 2 X 1350 6S Nanotech batteries.

Link to instructions to do a battery mod are linked to in the first post of this thread OR contact Horizon Antenna USA or Horizon Antenna UK and they will mod your battery for you for a modest fee.

Cool let us know when x5 mount is ready!
I'm going to wait until you test the 2800's before I get 2650 nano techs because maybe the x5 uses more energy then x3? If you get only 20 min from the 2800's then both x5&x3 use the same energy and I'll go back down to 2650 nano techs although yours are blue so there not nano techs but regular turnigy ones which are 26.00 rather then 44.00?

Reactions: damoncooper
Welcome erez.

I don't yet have an answer for you with regard to the optimized solution for X5.

But using a battery mod with Tb48 you can get 17 solid minutes of flight with X5 to 30% with 2 X 1350 6S Nanotech batteries.

Link to instructions to do a battery mod are linked to in the first post of this thread OR contact Horizon Antenna USA or Horizon Antenna UK and they will mod your battery for you for a modest fee.

Thanks for you replay Demon. i am consider to buy the x3 instead of buying the x5 now because of the flying time. What do you think about that the difference between t x3 and the x5 is worth the money or you think the x3 is fine?
let me know what you think. and thanks again

Thanks for you replay Demon. i am consider to buy the x3 instead of buying the x5 now because of the flying time. What do you think about that the difference between t x3 and the x5 is worth the money or you think the x3 is fine?
let me know what you think. and thanks again

For video stick with the X3. If you are doing still photography primarily the X5 is your best quality choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP