Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone done the modification to the Inspire battery themselves, if so could you post pictures of the soldering of leads underneath the cap? After reading this thread, I just ordered a custom auxiliary battery from MaxAmps and have all the wires and connectors for the mod just looking for some reference pictures of actual soldered leads underneath. I found one PDF document, but didn't show actual solder joints. Any advice would be appreciated.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452077149.234766.jpg

Reactions: daniel lin
Changed the mounting of the 2800ma batteries again. I got some ultra sonic interference the last flight and was told to land. I checked the battery solder connections and the look fine. Going to reboot and fly again later today. It will be great when the battery bracket is made to fit the x5!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
Damon:
Why all the sudden does the unit want to climb with no throttle input and stick neutral with the two batteries? Is it compensation for the extra weight? It did not do this with the single 5200 ma battery mounted below the batt compartment.

Also having issues with the landing gear as apparently any wire around the bottom sensors tell it that it's close to ground and the gear stays down so I reworking the wiring now.

Damon:
Why all the sudden does the unit want to climb with no throttle input and stick neutral with the two batteries? Is it compensation for the extra weight? It did not do this with the single 5200 ma battery mounted below the batt compartment.

Also having issues with the landing gear as apparently any wire around the bottom sensors tell it that it's close to ground and the gear stays down so I reworking the wiring now.
I have seen it twice on mine , I land it immediately and switch the things off and on again and it back to normal. I think that was the ultrasonic sensor malfunction.

What a day! Many issues:
The ultra sonic hover issues and climb cleared up after several restarts
Then I was getting gps compass errors which did not clear up
Then the 2800 mah which were doing really well began to give the bird a vibration only when the gear was in up position.
To sum it up the 2800 went from 32 min to 24 minutes and the first time they had 11% now they are saying 24% after flight! All this can't be because the temps are 35 f out?

I'm going to try my 5200 multi star again tomorrow and see if those results also go down with temp and see if I have any of these issues as I didn't before.

Oh one more issue today! The camera keep saying no lens detected and in the lens profile was not showing a lens . This went away after I took the lens off and put it back on.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
What a day! Many issues:
The ultra sonic hover issues and climb cleared up after several restarts
Then I was getting gps compass errors which did not clear up
Then the 2800 mah which were doing really well began to give the bird a vibration only when the gear was in up position.
To sum it up the 2800 went from 32 min to 24 minutes and the first time they had 11% now they are saying 24% after flight! All this can't be because the temps are 35 f out?

I'm going to try my 5200 multi star again tomorrow and see if those results also go down with temp and see if I have any of these issues as I didn't before.

Oh one more issue today! The camera keep saying no lens detected and in the lens profile was not showing a lens . This went away after I took the lens off and put it back on.

Sounds like a tough day :). Yeah I'm not sure frankly about that set of metal bars you guys are strapping on the side rails. When that raises up with the landing gear it's definitely possible they could be causing compass problems. That's why I really like the printed battery adapter I posted above

It's all carbon fibre parts. But until you haven't for the x5 I'm struck with it or just using a single 5200 attached under the main battery housing which moves the cg aft but I didn't have all these issues with it and now the times seem to be waning on the 2800's.

Sounds like a tough day :). Yeah I'm not sure frankly about that set of metal bars you guys are strapping on the side rails. When that raises up with the landing gear it's definitely possible they could be causing compass problems. That's why I really like the printed battery adapter I posted above
Never have compass problem issue with mine on.

But isn't Adelburg using outside rail mounts?
I think he couldn't mount on top of the handle tube(didn't have enough rooms in between the lege tube and the hamdle tube) so he mount it on the inside of the tube, so the beam might bounced back to the ultrasonic detector

the problem with mounting on the arms is that you are going to move the center of mass quite far from the original spec, and we dont know how the flight controller will handle that.

the problem with mounting on the arms is that you are going to move the center of mass quite far from the original spec, and we dont know how the flight controller will handle that.
did you try to fly it on both mounting methods?
form my test if I leave the batteries underneath the main body, when the wind blow form the side it swing, the lager of the batteries, it swing more. But after I put the batteries to both side , I find it a lot more stable. If you have time you should try both methods to see the differences.

I think he couldn't mount on top of the handle tube(didn't have enough rooms in between the lege tube and the hamdle tube) so he mount it on the inside of the tube, so the beam might bounced back to the ultrasonic detector

Gotcha

did you try to fly it on both mounting methods?
form my test if I leave the batteries underneath the main body, when the wind blow form the side it swing, the lager of the batteries, it swing more. But after I put the batteries to both side , I find it a lot more stable. If you have time you should try both methods to see the differences.

Are you referring to this mounting position? The wind surface profile is pretty minimal, especially for forward flight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452171745.840404.jpg

hmmmmm interesting, I havent flown extra batteries yet, I have put 1kg under the bird though for testing, I also had it on the arms, but in order to not stress the servo for the landing gear, no other reason.

I have some 3d printed clamps that I made which go on the arms, I made a picatinny rail to clamp onto the arm, but havent found a reason to use it yet

Reactions: Phatzo
Are you referring to this mounting position? The wind surface profile is pretty minimal, especially for forward flight.

View attachment 5521
yes. especially in POI mode, the bird will go normal >struggle> normal>struggle
because the plate surface has an angle which the side wind will bring the bird off the attitude track so IMU apply bring the bird back to normal once it goes again the same situation happen again and again.....these symptoms was found during real flight testing. that surface also effect when flying forward it created turbulence, so it can't fly at 29km/h at atti mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salesforcecertifications