Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for you replay Demon. i am consider to buy the x3 instead of buying the x5 now because of the flying time. What do you think about that the difference between t x3 and the x5 is worth the money or you think the x3 is fine?
let me know what you think. and thanks again

Ok. i will probably go with x3 thank you very much

Reactions: damoncooper
Are these on ebay? USA or China? What's the diff between the two? How will these be diff from your 2650's?

No sorry these are at Thunder Power RC/Avance Mobile Accessories

They are significantly lighter than my 2650's, higher C than my 2650's and another 100mah.

So they should discharge nearly perfectly linearly with the main batt, add a tiny bit more available power and are 66g lighter (for 2) is the other part of the equation.

Update on X5 battery holder design work.

Got one almost working in cahoots with Neil Watts but in the end we had to abandon the mounting location we're using for the X3 adapter. We have a second design printing to mount under the battery cage with tabs out the sides in a forward position which will definitely work.

Here is the abandoned design. The mount fits like a glove and is very secure. But

1) the batteries will not clear the massive rotating X5 gimbal arm, even with the tabs extended out as below, and

2) the design won't work with the X5R SSD drive and we want one design that works with X5 and X5R anyway if possible.

Mounting under the battery cage will work with X3, X5 or X5R. It still allows for CG adjustment using the winged battery tabs, and for folks with a Flytrex mounted there already (I do), the Flytrex can be easily relocated to the flat underside of the new mounting bracket.

Anyway, here's the design we are cutting loose. The X5 overlords have claimed victory in this position. BUT, that mount design could still be useful potentially down the road for something else. It took some work and fits crazy well. I am sad the batteries won't clear and it didn't work :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452438716.925961.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452438730.103649.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452438740.101612.jpg

I would have thought that would have worked well. The arm on the X5 is quite big though...

Yeah the X5 motor and arm are huge compared to the X3...with batteries mounted it wouldn't clear

is the batteries insert in between the small tube and on top of the bracket? It seems need to extend 1cm more on both side then it can get away the X5 arm's

is the batteries insert in between the small tube and on top of the bracket? It seems need to extend 1cm more on both side then it can get away the X5 arm's

Finishing a new design shortly. Extending out further will put the batteries on a collision course with the arm supports unfortunately. And the X5R SSD drive will use most of this mounting space anyway it appears...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452475040.087270.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452475051.163919.jpg

I just completed my battery mod, going with a single lead out the back, waiting on my MaxAmps battery 3700mah 6S True 100C and supposedly will weigh 455g. I plan on mounting under the belly with and possibly removing the VPS for better CG positioning, it's really not needed except for entering travel mode, which is unnecessary if you have a landing mode case, it weighs 32g with the wire which would bring the weight to additional power to 3700mah to 423g. I'm still waiting for the custom battery, I ordered it on the 5th, I'll update with results and confirm weight of the battery.

20160110_181339.jpg 20160110_180726.jpg 20160110_181857.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
Until Damon and Neil figure out a bracket for x5 I put an old broken prop to use! Just hear it a bit and the plastic becomes play dough . I used gorilla diubke sided tape to attach to battery body and will use either that or Velcro strap to battery to mount on brace. Clears the x5 mount and provides a way to move batteries forward . Now someone with 3D printer can make something like this which could attach with the screws that are on the bottom or side of case!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 84
Until Damon and Neil figure out a bracket for x5 I put an old broken prop to use! Just hear it a bit and the plastic becomes play dough . I used gorilla diubke sided tape to attach to battery body and will use either that or Velcro strap to battery to mount on brace. Clears the x5 mount and provides a way to move batteries forward . Now someone with 3D printer can make something like this which could attach with the screws that are on the bottom or side of case!

Dialing in the final design now. Standby

Ok waiting ! There are 4 screws on the back plate and 2 under the compartment that mounts could attach to and angle forward. It's a tight fit between the gimbal frame and landing rod mechanism and lens

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    698.8 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics