Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the photo they seem be using regular JST/XH not their old TP connectors so can be same...

TP7000-6SHV_D.jpg

If it is not;

rcheli-diagram-6s_TP_to_JST.png

or;

71zkTgrZDHL._SL1500_.jpg
Damon, I checked their site and only found LiHV but 3 cells... where on the site is there a 6S LiHV like the one you are posting here?
what I thought was that since TP is producing the batteries I guess providing them with an empty cage they could fit a 7000 mah battery and ship it back :) - no?
I did not really understand your post to my question with what you was told from them.

Damon, I checked their site and only found LiHV but 3 cells... where on the site is there a 6S LiHV like the one you are posting here?
what I thought was that since TP is producing the batteries I guess providing them with an empty cage they could fit a 7000 mah battery and ship it back :) - no?
I did not really understand your post to my question with what you was told from them.

7000 mAh

Check the most expensive one :)

Correct: this guy:

Thunder Power RC TP7000-6SHV

7000mah @797g
vs
5700mah @ 670g for the TB48

I did not see the numbering in the naming of the batteries... 200 bucks :) way to go. I will be looking for a load of money to spend. question is how do I get it over to Hungary. :)
apparently they have a shop / distributor in Germany but I did not see the same batteries on that online shop... :(

what about the 127g difference?
will the motors still be evenly used?
what about ESC and temp of them?
I would maybe consider a little counterweight to have a close to perfect balance and CG.

127g is nothing yeah.
I just remember balancing my custom made hex and octo to not be out of balance to not overload the ESC´s.
ok a radial frame is different from the "H" frame of the I1 but still. - at what weight would it be noticeable do you think?

I just remember balancing my custom made hex and octo to not be out of balance to not overload the ESC´s.
ok a radial frame is different from the "H" frame of the I1 but still. - at what weight would it be noticeable do you think?

I've been loading +800g in aux batteries and it's fine

I've done a similar mod with the t48... Not as nice as delly.... And have had up to 10000mah running through on the table and the app simply shows 5670 and voltage full green. Ran on table with no props for 36 hrs before I even began to see voltage drop. Don't know if I have the guts to flight test it.

Reactions: damoncooper
can you put up a tutorial :) a video or nice pdf or explaination :)
same quiestion to delly.
a little more into depth how to. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you put up a tutorial :) a video or nice pdf or explaination :)
same quiestion to delly.
a little more into depth how to. :)

I plan to put together a how to PDF once I get through the process myself. The description I've given and the photos from dellycem should be enough to get you going though.

I plan to put together a how to PDF once I get through the process myself. The description I've given and the photos from dellycem should be enough to get you going though.
You are all pro in this thread, take on consideration that many of us find Your project very interesting , so if you please Damon make the PDF for thous are not pro with all details including wire ref. special tools to use for this mod. Chematic images will help a lot.

Thanks to all of you

if our inspire can fly more than 35+ min... it would be a freaking amazing Mapping machine... perhaps 50 hectare per flight !!! or awesome tools for survey or inspections... i keep my eyes on this thread :)

sure i am ok with it since i also have some help. i was rather thinking about the Others that are not soooo familiar with the whole all together.
like already posted. :) i will get the 700 usd plus shipping together and also give it a try :D

I am giving a break about the project;

Reasons;

- Ran out of donour batteries
- The smart circuit is not designed for connecting and removing all the time. You will see what I mean if you reach the point I am at now.
- There is an another battery design rumour going around assembled with 18650 cells, it will fail also, they will come to a dead end or already came. By the way it is not possible with 18650 cells, they do not have suitable C rates and voltage is way lower than a LiHV; available capacity today technology per cell is max. 3400mAh so 6s2p config will be 6800mAh weight will be nearly the same as original. Not logical to go that path.
- TB48 is being sold at USD290 in my country, I do not find it logical to franken a new battery.
- The battery needs to be user friendly, modifications I am planning is not. Why waste time on something not useful...
- Before you ask, it is not about the budget. I just need some time to think about creating something more effective and useful.

Regards.

IMG_3888.JPG
IMG_3617.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArleneOce4