Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
30c
6s
Velcro 10 lb. tricky but works on 300 grams batts. So awesome
Remember to check for prop clearance. Don't want to go boom!
The 1300 setup from @FlyHighUSA got me started. I'm not as advanced as others so be careful. Start somewhere safe.
Thanks, interesting !! But I asked you about the mod you made on your radio control DBS?

While we wait...
Is dji 5700 mah a gaffe/scam?
2hundo a batt is strictly business
Smart battery my azz more like extortion!
Dji battery drains way too fast drops mah right out the box.
They slick

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
Is somebody know if SPC4500 can do storage charge for TB's? It doesn't mention on the spec of this smart charger.
Thanks in advance

Excited. Just arrived fresh from the factory. They may not look like much but this could be the breakthrough I've been hoping for.

Or I may blow myself up. Or destroy my aircraft.

I'll post back when I've had a chance to (carefully!) test.View attachment 7093

Ok. Wow. First, I am alive.

Second, connecting to TB battery, it didn't catch fire, which is good and behaved according to theory.

Third, the aircraft didn't catch fire, fry the FC or blow up either.

Which means my theory is right - so far.

This bodes well for being able to exceed the flight time limits imposed by the DJI battery without PCB modifications.

More coffee, then more bench testing. If the second set of tests pan out I might be able to squeeze in an actual flight test today.

Second, connecting to TB battery, it didn't catch fire, which is good and behaved according to theory.

This bodes well for being able to exceed the flight time limits imposed by the DJI battery without PCB modifications.

More coffee, then more bench testing. If the second set of tests pan out I might be able to squeeze in an actual flight test today.
Good luck Damon, go ahead without to much coffee

what is your theory?
excuse my ignorance.
can you direct me to the post or tell me here?
curious :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you testing, looks like a regular auxiliary battery. Keep us posted.

Something that "armchair experts" will probably debate for months and call me everything from idiot to rogue to madman if it works.

But it's still is more likely to fail, or provide terrible results. Which is why I'm not saying much else until I see it fly and get results.

Then those same "armchair experts" can guffaw about how they knew it was a stupid idea :)

We'll see. Stay tuned. Your battery idiot madman is trying....

SO, what i noticed from the short video; remaining mAh going up while the total does not move after 5....minutes.
what does it mean? also the temp was 30...c to hot for me. and?

Temp is fine. Optimal discharge range is 20C - 40C. Propulsion output is limited <11C or >45C.

This was just a bench test. Just note the increasing flight time remaining as the flight goes on :). And no, it wasn't plugged into the wall.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Quite an experiment this is all turning into, like reading a good murder mystery. Hope it doesn't turn into Murder in the Boston Skies. :eek: ;)

Not a record, but nice way to prolong bad TB47 battery life:
Very bad TB47 with only 3.556mAh left + 2 multistar 3S 3.000mAh batteries (17€ each) = 17.5 min FT. Only 360 gram heavier then craft with TB48 so no impact on flying behavior.

in air:
BAT. 47 FULL LET (7).pngafter landing: BAT. 47 FULL LET (8).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy