Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Voltage Difference too large.

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
Got this message yesterday. "Battery Voltage Difference too large". Look down and saw that 1 battery was at 85% and the other at 8%. I was only 20 ft in the air so I brought it down in front of me to land and then the error went away and they both went back to 85%. I let it hover for 10 minutes after than and the error never came back. I removed the batteries to recharge them and then it accurred to me that now I am unsure which battery was the one that generated the error."

2 things.

1) How do I know which of the 2 batteries it was
2) Should I trust this set going further?

Thanks,
r

I was having some similar issues with my packs.

Try letting your packs sit fully charged for 72 hours and set the self discharge to 5 days. Repeat process about 3 times discharge to around 5% then fully Charge.

Worked like a charm for me.

If you’re running old FW then you might need to update to get the 72 hour fix. I forget which one but it’s in the release notes.

Last edited:
Thanks. Question. Not sure that I know how to get the batteries that low. Self discharge only seems to get them down to about 40% - 50%
Flying

Don't let the packs self discharge. Set the discharge to 5 day's

Fully charge the packs and let them sit 72 hours.

Fourth day fly again down to at least 10%

And just repeat the process

Try letting your packs sit fully charged for 72 hours and set the self discharge to 5 days. Repeat process about 3 times discharge to around 5% then fully Charge.

If you’re running old FW then you might need to update to get the 72 hour fix. I forget which one but it’s in the release notes.

There was a firmware update that resolved an issue with battery levels as per slim.slamma posted. You did t make mention of your firmware version which had specified repair procedure for effected batteries.

Before you spend too much time on this make sure you have the firmware that addresses this issue.

Reactions: slim.slamma

Heres a question. As the prceddure of discharging, Charging and waiting 72 hours 3 times is many days, and I have a few gigs coming up. Is this a real issue that needs to be fixed immediately or is this mostly an annoying software error message issue. Don't get me wrong, recycling batteries and good maintenece is imperitive and I will be doing this more proactively, I was just wondering how urgent you think it is. i.e will my bird fall out of the sky;)

Heres a question. As the prceddure of discharging, Charging and waiting 72 hours 3 times is many days, and I have a few gigs coming up. Is this a real issue that needs to be fixed immediately or is this mostly an annoying software error message issue. Don't get me wrong, recycling batteries and good maintenece is imperitive and I will be doing this more proactively, I was just wondering how urgent you think it is. i.e will my bird fall out of the sky;)

Self-discharge time is set for how many days? Never fly on packs that have started to self discharge. You get all types of strange percentage readings.

If you must fly, pay close attention to the individual Cell Voltage reading.

V3.5 land ASAP otherwise you should be fine.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry