Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Practices - Should firmware be updated?

Reaction score
Website
www.skygazeraerial.com
Greetings all,

I've used this website/forums many times, but just recently made my user. I purchased my Inspire 1 PRO two years ago and have flown it about 100 times. When I first got the aircraft DJI had released a new firmware that many were having trouble with video transmission at that time, so I downgraded back to the previous firmware and have left it alone since that time. I recently invested in the Crystal Sky Ultra and was worried that I might have to update (thankfully it seems to work as-is), but this got me thinking if I should consider updating the firmware for gimbal/flight improvements. I searched the forums, but there doesn't seem to be a recent posting (as of March 2018). I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for being a great community, and thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond to this post.

My current firmware:
Version: 1.8.1.00
Camera: 1.8.01.00+
Remote: 1.7.60

My setup:
Inspire 1 PRO with X5
2 remotes (although I have never used my second)
6 TB48 batteries
Crystal Sky 7.8"

I thought I was a stickler for older firmware, but you have me beat
I have been reluctant to update too
Am i suffering from FOMO? (Fear of Missing Out)
KEXJKtTv-AnJHJ8MV00uWnORu1Gea3Zk_wwVd4VyrRI

If you don't have a specific problem or need to I would not update. From what I understand from all my research the firmware that you're on is probably the best one out there.

If you do update, try to give yourself a few days before a job... even a week if you can.

I’d also like to know as I also have the FOMO. But I’m not suffering any issues so I guess I’ll just leave well alone.

I’m running all the latest firmware updates have not had any problems.

I just received my Pro back after an unfortunate tree interface scenario. It came with the latest firmware. After doing all the calibrations I went out today to test it. After running with Go, Auotpilot and GS Pro I can confirm that all is well. It operated beautifully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela