Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bird attack !!! How to prevent ? For i1

Reaction score
Recently i say a post... and may on youtube having bird strike on drone... which is dangerous... anyone of you experiences on i1? And is there anyway to prevent ? I read before someone paint the props end to white .. does it really help ? Let share your stories if you have any or tips... and most of the time i saw eagle flying around... i wait she fly away before i start my job

Reactions: jixxer
Yep, We have crows bombing us all the time during nesting season. Be aware that March to June the birds are gonna be extra aggressive. No idea how to stop it fro occurring. We send up the Phantom 4 first to see if we have any activity before sending up the Inspire.

Best of luck,
M

I've had a few birds fly by to check the I1 out but so far all have chosen to fly away without confrontation. It's a risk for sure...

Brian

image.png
Recently i say a post... and may on youtube having bird strike on drone... which is dangerous... anyone of you experiences on i1? And is there anyway to prevent ? I read before someone paint the props end to white .. does it really help ? Let share your stories if you have any or tips... and most of the time i saw eagle flying around... i wait she fly away before i start my job

I'm going to try this on my Phantom 3 Pro first and string it between its leg to see if it works around sea gulls before try it on my Inspire.

Last edited:
I have found that climbing quickly to try and get above them shows dominance to most birds (they think the Inspire is another bird) and they will usually go away.
Depends on species though and seagulls are a nightmare and you are always outnumbered!

I live in BC Canada and lots of eagles and hawks around where I fly. They always seems to be interested and in many cases will close the distance for a closer look but whenever I see them i move away so never had an encounter.

As a side note i have had a full hive of bees follow my I1 for a full battery. From a distance it looked like a gray tail attached.

Reactions: Busch
Actually the rival gang theory appears to be very close. They recently did research with elephants and UAVs and found that the UAVs trigger the same response to bees which, elephants evidently hate. I've found that more often than not territorial birds will approach, especially around this time of year in the northern hemisphere where it's mating season. Best thing to do as said by other is avoid them. I can imagine that an I1 probably sounds like a 10 lbs hornet to most birds.

I have found that climbing quickly to try and get above them shows dominance to most birds (they think the Inspire is another bird) and they will usually go away.
Depends on species though and seagulls are a nightmare and you are always outnumbered!
Maybe I should tie some hot chips to a drop line and release it when a flock of seagulls attack me.

Seagulls for the next few months in the UK watch out, as when they have young they get even worse at mobbing you...

I flew this morning in the upper Cumberland Plateau and the birds were a constant worry. Smaller nesting birds at lower altitudes and soaring vultures (Buzzards as we call them here) at higher altitudes. The vultures would just glide by at 30-50' away but, the Purple Martins and crows were up close and personal. I tried to spend as little time in THEIR airspace as possible while getting the job done. I did catch some fantastic footage of the vultures...

Hi orange vis tape on legs works a treat.

It is just enough to break up the white/black seagull colour scheme.

This seems to indicate a man made/non natural item in a birds patch.

It has worked a treat.

That said I am always wary and wildlife considerations is always on pre flight planning.

Hi orange vis tape on legs works a treat.

It is just enough to break up the white/black seagull colour scheme.

This seems to indicate a man made/non natural item in a birds patch.

It has worked a treat.

That said I am always wary and wildlife considerations is always on pre flight planning.
Where are you sticking it (so to speak)?
Over the 4 antennas or somewhere else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac