Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Black Spot (dust) on Sensor - Behind the IR glass

Reaction score
Hello Inspire friends, how you guys doing?

I have some spots on the sensor, and it can't be clean by the outside, already cleaned it with the right tools, but the spots ares still there and i realized that they are behind the IR glass that compose and protects the sensor of the X5S.

has anyone had this kind of problem? if yes, how did you resolved this?
I don't want to dissemble the camera by myself...

Hello Inspire friends, how you guys doing?

I have some spots on the sensor, and it can't be clean by the outside, already cleaned it with the right tools, but the spots ares still there and i realized that they are behind the IR glass that compose and protects the sensor of the X5S.

has anyone had this kind of problem? if yes, how did you resolved this?
I don't want to dissemble the camera by myself...
Send it back to your retailer/dealer to have it exchanged for a new one.

Does it affect image / video, especially at smaller aperture (f/16, etc)? If it's only a spot or two, especially on the peripheral of the image, you can deal with it with cloning stamp.

This is almost certainly something you'll have to ask DJI for warranty service / repair for. Do not dissemble the camera unless you absolutely know what you are doing.

Reactions: nandoarr
didn't came this way from my retailer, it appeared with time and usage of the camera...don't know how this happened
It's a fault.
It has appeared within warranty.
Get it exchanged.
If you start trying (or do) remove the IR cut filter you will invalidate your warranty so why bother - just get it exchanged.
End of story.

Does it affect image / video, especially at smaller aperture (f/16, etc)? If it's only a spot or two, especially on the peripheral of the image, you can deal with it with cloning stamp.

This is almost certainly something you'll have to ask DJI for warranty service / repair for. Do not dissemble the camera unless you absolutely know what you are doing.

It affects the image, and i can't take it of with clone stamp, i have a lots of clients that shoots for TV, and sometimes they don't have time for post. And i won't dissemble the camera. But thanks for the reply and attention Rent!

It affects the image, and i can't take it of with clone stamp, i have a lots of clients that shoots for TV, and sometimes they don't have time for post. And i won't dissemble the camera. But thanks for the reply and attention Rent!
Do you have examples that can be seen?
There is a magical devise that has saved my cameras from spots that nothing else would get
How to Use the Sensor Gel Stick - Photography Life
you can get it there at photography life, maybe you already used this method but just in case.

Do you have examples that can be seen?
There is a magical devise that has saved my cameras from spots that nothing else would get
How to Use the Sensor Gel Stick - Photography Life
you can get it there at photography life, maybe you already used this method but just in case.
Sure, i'm travelling now and ill go home in a couple of days...than i will post the sample here.
but i already liked to read this. hahaha

Nothing wrong with a little excitement, how did you determine conclusively that the stain is between the filter and the sensor?

Nothing wrong with a little excitement, how did you determine conclusively that the stain is between the filter and the sensor?

I think the stain is on the sensor or in the back part of the IR filter. I have a sensor cleaning kit and i did cleaned the front part of the IR filter and some spots have desapeared. But some of them are still there...

Gonna try to clean the front part again to see if i got any more results.

Thanks for the attention Folks!

Reactions: Mixchief
I would give the gelstick a try I just saw the trademark is "eyelead" it will even atack grease stains. I had ablob on a X5R I purchased preowned and I it was impossible to clean by "normal" methods, so I pulled out the gelstick and it got rid of it first try. It saved me from a possibly embarassing dispute LOL.

Hello all,

I unfortunately have noticed the same exact problem with my X5 camera on the Inspire 2.

I can confirm that there is a spec of dust behind the IR filter and or on the sensor.

The X5 camera is out of warranty.

Is there a breakdown of the X5 camera assembly online?

If so, I could disassemble the camera in a dust free room and use a gel stick or other method to clean the sensor!

Now, although it is noticeable at f16 and fine around f5.6, I don’t care. For professional cinema use, this camera needs to be flawless.

Currently, my work around is to stack two, circular polarized filters onto one another — thereby creating a variable ND filter.

By doing this, I can shoot around f5.6 or faster to avoid the visual of the dirty sensor — but this is obnoxious.

Thanks for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop