Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

BROKEN Carbon Fiber Arm/ Motor Mount

Nic

Reaction score
Okay folks, have any of you personally dealt with DJI's repair services, specifically in getting a replacement arm (carbon fiber)? I am curious about the process and how much they'll charge me.

i was told a new one is 400, I also fixed mine myself much faster than waiting for their 2 month turnaround time. Mine broke right in front of the connection that goes up to the body only leaving around an inch or less of jagged edge tube sticking out of the connection piece so i didnt figure the fiber wraps fix would work very good due to lack of tube to attach it too. I used a $2 plastic garden hose splice, sanded down the barbs till it fit snugly into the tube. It does allow the arm to move just a little bit which is kinda scary since the distance from the end of the props to the nose of the aircraft are pretty close already but ive been flying it that way for a couple months with no issues, i just check it before every flight and its not gotten any worse.

Reactions: Nic
i was told a new one is 400, I also fixed mine myself much faster than waiting for their 2 month turnaround time. Mine broke right in front of the connection that goes up to the body only leaving around an inch or less of jagged edge tube sticking out of the connection piece so i didnt figure the fiber wraps fix would work very good due to lack of tube to attach it too. I used a $2 plastic garden hose splice, sanded down the barbs till it fit snugly into the tube. It does allow the arm to move just a little bit which is kinda scary since the distance from the end of the props to the nose of the aircraft are pretty close already but ive been flying it that way for a couple months with no issues, i just check it before every flight and its not gotten any worse.
How does the weight differential affect the flight, if at all?

How does the weight differential affect the flight, if at all?
not at all, its a very very light plastic piece, cant be more than a gram or two i wouldnt think. The inspire is a beast, id bet you can put quite a bit of weight on it even out of balance and it would still fly well. It wouldnt be any different than flying in the wind, the motors on the heavier side would just be working harder to maintain gps position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207