Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bummer, returned brand new Inspire 1 cannot update firmware

Reaction score
Quad came with 1.2 firmware. Updated controller, no problem. Went to update quad and could not. Have had P2 and P3 so I'm not a novice at this. Called DJI. Went through a couple of things like reformatting the card, starting with 1.2 again, if that works go to 1.3 etc. That did not work. Called twice and they were as helpful as can be. They said return to Adorama.

But I think they may have an issue on how returns are handled. Called Adorama, they said they needed a case number. Called DJI back to get a case number they said they don't use case numbers, only RMA's. Called back Adorama gave them the RMA.
So Adorama said it would be two weeks turnaround time to receive a new one. Said that was unacceptable, got it down to 8 days....hope

Lots of jerking around

Oh you shoulda kept that and not updated. That's a good version depending on the rest of the numbers I believe. Newer firmware sucks anyway. Adds nothing useful and adds a ton more flight restrictions and nfzs. I recommend never updating unless you have a major firmware bug that's causing issues in whatever version you're running, and there have been a couple bad versions. I haven't updated since january and have no plans to ever do so as long as dji keeps reducing flight capabilities and adding more nfzs. Running 1.2.0.17 myself.

Oh you shoulda kept that and not updated. That's a good version depending on the rest of the numbers I believe. Newer firmware sucks anyway. Adds nothing useful and adds a ton more flight restrictions and nfzs. I recommend never updating unless you have a major firmware bug that's causing issues in whatever version you're running, and there have been a couple bad versions. I haven't updated since january and have no plans to ever do so as long as dji keeps reducing flight capabilities and adding more nfzs. Running 1.2.0.17 myself.
Probably would've, except when it came time for a major upgrade that quad probably would not be able to be upgraded. In addition, I wanted to get it back ASAP, so fhe distributor wouldn't give me a hard time. For me DJI has been pretty good..but I ran into a bad quad...

I doubt the inspire 1 is ever gonna have a major can't live without update. Most likely any such update will be an inspire version 2. I do understand your way of thinking though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo