Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Buying Inspire 1 from Amazon. Safe ?

Reaction score
Im about to buy a DJI Inspire 1, and this will be my first drone or aerial flying machine.

I checked everywhere and it says, OUT OF STOCK everywhere.

I could only find it at one place, here,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PLJMOZ4/

Seller is Sonic Copters.
It says, 10 in stock.

Has anyone ordered from Sonic Copters before ? How good are they ?
Shall I go ahead and buy it ?

I just did Soamz. I was skeptical if they really had them and wrote them asking so. The replied that they really had them so I ordered one on Monday. Received it yesterday at 2:30 pm. No issues. Was a good transaction.

Lovely!
I have just placed the order.

Can you recommend, any book or video tutorial to excel Inspire 1 or Drone flying ?

This is my first Drone.

Im about to buy a DJI Inspire 1, and this will be my first drone or aerial flying machine.

If this is really going to be your first "flying machine", and in fear of sounding like a complete killjoy, I would strongly suggest you look at something much cheaper that you can learn the basics of stick control and flying fundamentals with.

The promotional material that DJI have released do make their products appear easy to use, and the flight controllers do a reasonable job of babysitting the user, but the Inspire is not the machine to acquire these skills.

I'm not trying to be condescending when I suggest you first look at such quads as the Hubsan X4, Blade Nano QX, Dromida Ominus. These are fun little quads but will also help teach things like how to reverse your stick inputs when the craft is oriented around to face you, using rudder and aileron inputs at the same time to achieve smooth controlled turns.

It's much better to learn your mistakes on a sub $100 quad that bounces than a $3000 quad that doesn't bounce but shatters when it meets in immovable force.

Regards

Nidge

I see, but Im a quick learner and very careful, so will start very slow. I have seen and used Phantom a bit, but Inspire 1 meets all of my requirements, and I think, it would be a one time investment for next 4-5 years. So, I ended up buying this.

At the risk of sounding contentious, I must disagree with Nidge. This was my first drone, too. When I posted such at the DJI forum, I was sternly rebuked by several members. I understand their logic, but I can't say that I am in total agreement with them.

My advice to you would be to take it very slow and very easy. Do not rush out as soon as you get it and attempt to fly. Read the user manual. And just to make sure you understood me, READ THE MANUAL. Get familiar with the aircraft, first. Then take time to look over the controller. I made little labels for each function of the sticks. This way I would not confuse UP and DOWN with FORWARD and BACK, etc. Next, get to know the Pilot app, which ever flavor you use (Android or iOS). In the house, WITHOUT THE PROPS, fire it up and play with the controller. Listen to the motors as you move the sticks forward and back, left and right. Sound is very important here! If you attempt to fly and fumble around looking for something, you will crash.

Go through a preflight check list (search forum for examples) and PAY ATTENTION to what needs to be done prior to that first flight. Don't go out without a preflight, crash, then came back here and ask what is a IMU calibration. "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear."

Once you're confident that you are familiar with the aircraft, the controller, the Pilot app, and have done a thorough preflight, take it out someplace away from people and distractions (even the wife and friends). You need to concentrate. After turning on your controller, then the bird, you have two choices; auto take off or manual. If you choose manual, SLOWLY, GENTLY move the stick forward. There will be a sudden rise in the sound and pitch. It startled me at first, but don't let it startle you (if you tried it in the house without the props, you'll be prepared for it). SLOWY (these controls are VERY soft) push the left stick forward until the bird is about 10 feet off the ground--hover for a minute (so you can calm down). SLOWLY move the right stick forward and move the bird forward a few feet, move back a few feet. Slide left, then right a few feet. Do not attempt to get fancy or go a great distance! No sudden moves with the sticks! Stay close to home, and the ground.

DO NOT RUSH. If the old saying "haste makes waste" it will be true in this sense. Rush it and you'll waste a $3,000 drone!

Take your time and take small, slow steps. If I can do it, anyone can do it!

Fly smart and enjoy your Inspire 1!

At the risk of sounding contentious, I must disagree with Nidge. This was my first drone, too. When I posted such at the DJI forum, I was sternly rebuked by several members. I understand their logic, but I can't say that I am in total agreement with them.

My advice to you would be to take it very slow and very easy. Do not rush out as soon as you get it and attempt to fly. Read the user manual. And just to make sure you understood me, READ THE MANUAL. Get familiar with the aircraft, first. Then take time to look over the controller. I made little labels for each function of the sticks. This way I would not confuse UP and DOWN with FORWARD and BACK, etc. Next, get to know the Pilot app, which ever flavor you use (Android or iOS). In the house, WITHOUT THE PROPS, fire it up and play with the controller. Listen to the motors as you move the sticks forward and back, left and right. Sound is very important here! If you attempt to fly and fumble around looking for something, you will crash.

Go through a preflight check list (search forum for examples) and PAY ATTENTION to what needs to be done prior to that first flight. Don't go out without a preflight, crash, then came back here and ask what is a IMU calibration. "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear."

Once you're confident that you are familiar with the aircraft, the controller, the Pilot app, and have done a thorough preflight, take it out someplace away from people and distractions (even the wife and friends). You need to concentrate. After turning on your controller, then the bird, you have two choices; auto take off or manual. If you choose manual, SLOWLY, GENTLY move the stick forward. There will be a sudden rise in the sound and pitch. It startled me at first, but don't let it startle you (if you tried it in the house without the props, you'll be prepared for it). SLOWY (these controls are VERY soft) push the left stick forward until the bird is about 10 feet off the ground--hover for a minute (so you can calm down). SLOWLY move the right stick forward and move the bird forward a few feet, move back a few feet. Slide left, then right a few feet. Do not attempt to get fancy or go a great distance! No sudden moves with the sticks! Stay close to home, and the ground.

DO NOT RUSH. If the old saying "haste makes waste" it will be true in this sense. Rush it and you'll waste a $3,000 drone!

Take your time and take small, slow steps. If I can do it, anyone can do it!

Fly smart and enjoy your Inspire 1!

Great post man..:cool:

The Inspire is my first drone too. I am into R/C boats and flew R/C gliders years ago so I am familiar with reverse control requirements.

We have 2 feet of snow and it has been in single digits temperatures here for some time. This is a blessing in disguise for me as I'm catching up on the forums (over 1,000 pages for the Inspire at RC Groups) and I'm going over and over the manuals trying to get full understanding of the Inspire. Additionally with the ios app, I'm putting in stick time on the simulator getting a feel for the different characteristics of a drone over a fixed wing. So keep snowin and blowin, cause I'm getting my learn on. :)

SO BS, back to the topic.."ok to buy from Amazon..." I finally got DJI to take my PTV2 back for replacement of the ESC's OK? But during the sometimes testy exchanges, I got the sense they would have done it quicker if I had purchased it from them rather then an Authorized DJI dealer. Are they trying to squeeze their own re-sellers? They said things like..."well we didn't sell it to you, take to...blah blah" So before I make the move (soon when the 'issues' are cleared up_) I'm wondering if it is better to order direct from DJI? Thoughts?

[ thought this was interesting. .View attachment 363
This may have been me.

I ordered from Amazon (direct, not 3rd party) last week when they had their $140 off price and estimated 2-4 week processing time, and surprisingly received it a few days ago. I contacted them to get my prop locks and was told a day or two later that they "formed a team" to deal with the situation. Sounds like they're trying to get some things sorted with DJi before having to field inquiry after inquiry about prop locks, etc.

This may have been me.

I ordered from Amazon (direct, not 3rd party) last week when they had their $140 off price and estimated 2-4 week processing time, and surprisingly received it a few days ago. I contacted them to get my prop locks and was told a day or two later that they "formed a team" to deal with the situation. Sounds like they're trying to get some things sorted with DJi before having to field inquiry after inquiry about prop locks, etc.
I had mine on order from amazon direct since December 4 2014..still haven't canceled it out of curiosity since I bought mine from all e rc. .guess I got a bad one because after less than two weeks have to send it in to dji LA. . I've been trying to ship it back since Thursday they require you to get a customer info sheet and for whatever reason they require you to access their website to print it out..too bad I got locked out and it says I'm not authorized. .after 3 hours on hold (not kidding ) they still haven't fixed it where I can log in..someone was supposed to call me on Friday ,but they didn't. .so I've lost 5 days just trying to ship it.. the saga continues..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875