Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera connectors cables condition

Reaction score
I’ve been having an issue with intermittent video signal drop out on my Inspire 1 RAW with X5R and so I decided to take apart the front canopy nose cone to check the cables and there appears to be a significant bend in the cables.

Wondering if this looks normal to you?
7091D937-4F67-4C35-AE5E-2507B63AC2BC.jpeg

0A907245-51E0-4AE2-A194-387A1443C300.jpeg
I get perfect radio control signal to the drone and I’ve modified my remote with a Raptor RX antenna and dual 3w amps and still have issues with video drop out even if the drone is on the ground next to me. turning off the drone detaching the camera and replacing it seems to temporarily solve the issue but the likelihood of video signal dropout increases as the amount of time between camera remounts increases and almost guaranteed to have an issue after 4-5 batteries.

The camera works great on the Osmo RAW handle so I don’t think it’s the gimbal itself. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I’ve been having an issue with intermittent video signal drop out on my Inspire 1 RAW with X5R and so I decided to take apart the front canopy nose cone to check the cables and there appears to be a significant bend in the cables.

Wondering if this looks normal to you?
View attachment 28860

View attachment 28861
I get perfect radio control signal to the drone and I’ve modified my remote with a Raptor RX antenna and dual 3w amps and still have issues with video drop out even if the drone is on the ground next to me. turning off the drone detaching the camera and replacing it seems to temporarily solve the issue but the likelihood of video signal dropout increases as the amount of time between camera remounts increases and almost guaranteed to have an issue after 4-5 batteries.

The camera works great on the Osmo RAW handle so I don’t think it’s the gimbal itself. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Does video feed do this?

1590336410806.png

D

Does video feed do this?

View attachment 28869

D
No I don’t get any green. Usually the picture will just freeze or go fully gray. I have full control of the drone and I can change camera parameters and do everything but get video signal. The camera records the video perfectly.

I notice a correlation between video drop out and if I do an abrupt maneuver. Removing the camera and replacing always fixes it.

I just replaced the gimbal quick connect on the drone, that’s why I was in there and could see the cables. Wondering if I should replace them now for good measure

No I don’t get any green. Usually the picture will just freeze or go fully gray. I have full control of the drone and I can change camera parameters and do everything but get video signal. The camera records the video perfectly.

I notice a correlation between video drop out and if I do an abrupt maneuver. Removing the camera and replacing always fixes it.

I just replaced the gimbal quick connect on the drone, that’s why I was in there and could see the cables. Wondering if I should replace them now for good measure

Well, watch this and see if it gives you any insight.

D

Well, watch this and see if it gives you any insight.

D
That’s interesting thanks. I’ve actually tried to downgrade the firmware but no matter what I do it won’t start the downgrade process. I hear the X5R has issues downgrading or something. If you have any info on that it would be appreciated. It’s on the latest firmware now.

At any rate you’d think if it was the transmitter power that is the culprit that hooking up the 3w amps and the 4Hawks antenna would have solved the issue.68BA462E-7EC4-46EB-8AF9-1645DF913028.jpeg
D02554B1-50D6-44C6-8421-148223F59688.jpeg

That’s interesting thanks. I’ve actually tried to downgrade the firmware but no matter what I do it won’t start the downgrade process. I hear the X5R has issues downgrading or something. If you have any info on that it would be appreciated. It’s on the latest firmware now.

At any rate you’d think if it was the transmitter power that is the culprit that hooking up the 3w amps and the 4Hawks antenna would have solved the issue.

Video is transmitted FROM the AC to the remote and then to the tablet. Tx wattaged is greatly reduced @ FW version 1.10.xx. I have well documented this. However, I concede that having a more powerful receiver probably helps greatly. If this were my rig, I would test and tune the entire rig sans amplifier. And once everything was working perfectly, THEN apply the amplifier. This way you are assured that the amplifier is giving you gain, as opposed to simply bringing you back up to FW 1.08.xx signal strength.

Just food for thought.

D

Reactions: Brett8883
Try fitting the X3 camera, run the downgrade and fit your regular camera again later, use Donnie's "Magic Key" technique ?. Of course, make sure you have a backup so you can restore if it isn't what you're expecting. Depending on what you're downgrading to, you might need to downgrade the controller as well.

From what I could ascertain from various information sources the 1.7 controller will communicate with aircraft FW down to 1.09, the 1.6 controller will communicate with aircraft FW up to 1.10.

Reactions: Brett8883
Thanks for the help guys. I actually don’t have an x3 just the X5R.

I haven’t tried the debug file method yet to downgrade, however, I am familiar with it since I used it to load a custom firmware I built (video issues pre-date the custom firmware.) I will give it a shot.

@Donnie Frank you are a pioneer and I salute your efforts to figure out that the old firmware is better. Very DJI thing to do, make newer firmware worse not better. I don’t know why I’m surprised I shouldn’t be but this is one of the best (worst) examples of it. They drive me nuts with this kind of stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly36