Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera making firmware beep at the end of a flight

Reaction score
When I landed at the end of a flight today, the camera was making the "Da..............Da..Da.." noise.
when I power cycled the craft everything was normal again.

There is a firmware file on the card. (WM610_FW_V01.02.01.06) and the firmware update result file shows having been modified today at the time of the flight

the last three entries are interesting :

========== 2015.08.13 09:45:15 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.01.06.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.08.16 09:25:21 =====================
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2015.08.16 09:35:51 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

As far as I know, all batteries had been updated back when I ran the update a couple of weeks ago.
I did briefly get a battery error message when prepping for takeoff, but it was on the screen for only one flash then left and the battery checked out fine on the details page.

Does anyone know why the firmware suddenly decided to update? And, worryingly, I was able to start motors without any noticeable delay, possible just two mins from powerup to takeoff.

I have deleted it, I saved a copy on the laptop just incase, but it seems to have just updated without needing to.

I wonder what might have happened if the battery or something had finished the update in the air, it suprises me that motors can be armed during an update.

I flew all my packs the other day, but with a different SD card, which doesnt have the firmware on it......
There is a smallllllll chance one battery wasnt updated, but very small.

I have deleted it, I saved a copy on the laptop just incase, but it seems to have just updated without needing to.

I wonder what might have happened if the battery or something had finished the update in the air, it suprises me that motors can be armed during an update.

I flew all my packs the other day, but with a different SD card, which doesnt have the firmware on it......
There is a smallllllll chance one battery wasnt updated, but very small.
That's probably what happened the battery updated while you were in the air

Does anyone know if its possible to fly whilst a battery updates?

This freaking scares me, no more leaving firmware on sd cards for me, imagine if it had bricked..!!!!

I watched all of my battery packs update, and the soudn was the same after update for all of them..... I'm quite confuzzled now

Reactions: AndyH
I believe with the upcoming 1.4 firmware we will not have to use the SD card anymore for updating.

Last week updaded my I1, Total broke... Overwright (99%) of The old FW and did't work any more....back tot DJI for repair! I'm using The inspire's for proffesional use so we orderd 2 new ones....! It is a stay a cool machine to use

I believe with the upcoming 1.4 firmware we will not have to use the SD card anymore for updating.
I really hope not.I have no problem with doing this like now.But I understood that only the TX will be updated by the app

See manual update last version under step 2:You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point.But I might be wrong also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian