Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera settings to print 3’x3’?

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I just recently bought an Inspire 2 to replace the Inspire 1 that *ahem* crashed. I’m still learning about the camera and settings.

Problem is, a client wants to do a shoot on Monday of a building where the images will be printed out 3 feet x 3 feet.

Can you advise what settings to use to ensure maximum resolution for printing this size?

Thank you!

Hello Friends,

I just recently bought an Inspire 2 to replace the Inspire 1 that *ahem* crashed. I’m still learning about the camera and settings.

Problem is, a client wants to do a shoot on Monday of a building where the images will be printed out 3 feet x 3 feet.

Can you advise what settings to use to ensure maximum resolution for printing this size?

Thank you!
The way to go about it is to set the aspect ratio 3:2 and Custom Reference Guide 1:1 to help you when composing the shots while flying. This will use full hight of the sensor and corresponding width. You can off-course crop in Photoshop or LR to square format when processing. Always shoot DNG for best quality. The lens of x4s is sharpest at f4 to f5 across the frame and try to keep ISO low at 100 if possible. With final square format you will crop the sides of the x4s 3:2 sensor format anyway but it is good to stop down the lens a bit for best sharpness.

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth