Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can someone take a quick look at I2 for me?

Reaction score
Some weeks ago I had issues with the I2 starting regardless of batteries. All paired properly and after three sets of no luck starting started wondering about these switches. The photos should tell all, but just in case: the portside battery switch is free-floating and the starboard battery switch is spring-loaded in the aft position. Could someone please tell me if this is normal or if these switches should both be spring loaded, or?

Attachments

• tempImagedzSwKP.png
    tempImagedzSwKP.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 43
  • new.png
    new.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 42
Can confirm across several Inspires that both should be spring loaded. I wouldn't expect to get power issues as those springs are meant to push the battery out when lock is disengaged so I personally don't think the spring itself is the cause of your bird not powering up

I have both spring loaded also. How do your terminals look? Notice some are "raised" and some are not. If they are bent in anyway or a "raised" one is not seating properly when the battery is seated, this could cause a possible issue. Sorry for the blurry photo :(

IMG_3592.jpg

Thanks for the replies, but so far all is wel again, but intermittent 'non-start' problems. Not batteries unless 4 sets of TB50s could, of course not. I suspected the 'spring-loads' were to assist battery release and there was no electrical connection, but had to at least ask. I will triple check the alignment of the 'pins'. Thanks all.

Try switching sides with the battery pair giving you issues.
One specific pair of my batteries has always had issues starting. When battery 9a is on the right and 9b on the left, the bird won’t power up. If is switch sides with them it works perfectly. It’s only ever been with this pair of batteries Since new, and I was never bothered to send them back to DJI.

You may not have read my original text, but I have switched paired TB50's but thanks I have not payed attention to actually switching sides. Good idea and appreciate the hint. Thanks again . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb