Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Case handle broke!

Reaction score
It did.

Didn't do anything crazy just carried it like normal and it snapped the plastic.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Sounds like an opportunity for someone with 3D printers. ;) Once my Inspire arrives from B & H I'll take a look at the case and broken part to see if there isn't something I can do for you. I'd use Z-ABS on my Zortrax printer……… -David

Reactions: jon b and flowsun
Note that their website claims to offer no warranty on the case -

Reason ... It's complementary.

lol

Last edited:
I contacted DJI first through web online chat. They said I should call the local office. Gave them a call which they are located in Northern Los Angeles and they were really understanding.

I didn't lie to them and told them it happened after shipping. He was like "well you didn't have it for that long. So I can't imagine you trying to rip us off."

I also sent him the pictures I posted here.

Still up in the air though. As he just emailed me back saying

"I have received the phtos of your case. Per our earlier phone conversation, I will look into your request and get back to you shortly."

Hopefully they do send me a handle. It doesn't seem hard to replace.

Sounds like an opportunity for someone with 3D printers. ;) Once my Inspire arrives from B & H I'll take a look at the case and broken part to see if there isn't something I can do for you. I'd use Z-ABS on my Zortrax printer……… -David

Thanks man! Hopefully they do send a replacement. If they do. I'd gladly send the broken handle your way. Just so you don't have to take yours off your case. To see if your 3d printer can do the job.

Thanks man! Hopefully they do send a replacement. If they do. I'd gladly send the broken handle your way. Just so you don't have to take yours off your case. To see if your 3d printer can do the job.

I appreciate your offer. I finally got word that B&H is shipping my Inspire today and it should arrive either the 13th or 16th. I'll take a look at the handle and the feet which others have mentioned were broken during shipping to see what I can offer. Did you receive a handle yet?

I appreciate your offer. I finally got word that B&H is shipping my Inspire today and it should arrive either the 13th or 16th. I'll take a look at the handle and the feet which others have mentioned were broken during shipping to see what I can offer. Did you receive a handle yet?

Nope. Haven't heard back from DJI. I'll give them a call and write them an email today. Your going to love the inspire 1!

Reactions: davidbarwin
Happy to hear they are at least trying to help you. After the whole "funky launch" people were going a little crazy and I guess they had reason for frustration but DJI has been pretty great to most of us. Hopefully they can make this work for you. Am I a DJI fanboy....? **** I guess I am.

Finally found time to put down my controller (you were correct flowsun ….. I LOVE IT!) and mockup and 3D print replacement DJI Case parts. Had to test them for myself so I did a full set in a nice contrasty yellow (pictures attached). PM me your address flowsun and I'll drop a black pair of replacement handle parts in the mail for you gratis. Please let me know how they work for you….just don't over tighten them when you screw them in. I used a nice high-temp Z-ABS. Obviously the usual "disclaimer of my liability" applies…. use at your own risk. For those interested, I used a Zortrax M200 to print these @ .14mm. Each handle piece takes about 38 minutes and the complete full set takes 8 +hours of print time.
DJICase1.JPG
DJICase2.JPG
DJICase3.JPG
DJICase4.JPG

Very nice. Are you planning on offering these for sale?
I am considering producing them for sale. I'll run some numbers and print samples in a small variety of colors and see what makes sense. I did a custom front badge as well and applied it with 3M tape since I couldn't get the OEM badge to stay on.
DJIBadgeb.jpg

I am considering producing them for sale. I'll run some numbers and print samples in a small variety of colors and see what makes sense. I did a custom front badge as well and applied it with 3M tape since I couldn't get the OEM badge to stay on.
That's awesome. If you do decide to sell them, sign me up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop