Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

compass calibration

Reaction score
Website
toastedmangoflight.net
hi fellow pilots!
I just joined recently and would say I'm a proud owner of a inspire 1 after flying my first quad, being TBS disco pro for about a year. I still love that thing and bring her out every once in awhile. I'm still learning the inspire, but one of things that I'm curious about is the compass calibration? When I enter my aircraft status screen I get a yellow icon with a question mark. Does this go away when the inspire is properly calibrated or just stays there to mess with me? Thanks for any help.djipilotapp.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Did you READ the manual? Because I would suggest also putting the channel quality in AUTO also[emoji15]. Unless of course you are in the house tinkering, POOR is not good lol[emoji13]

My Bad! Try another calibration in another area.. I would also check to see if your calibration has matched both true DIRECTIONS while on the map. Stand behind the craft, both the craft and your remote facing the same direction if possible NORTH.. Now also compare them to a true blue compass for relevance.. Wish I would have bookmarked all of the videos and links, but recently started deleting allot of stuff, SORRY[emoji20]!!

My Bad! Try another calibration in another area.. I would also check to see if your calibration has matched both true DIRECTIONS while on the map. Stand behind the craft, both the craft and your remote facing the same direction if possible NORTH.. Now also compare them to a true blue compass for relevance.. Wish I would have bookmarked all of the videos and links, but recently started deleting allot of stuff, SORRY[emoji20]!!
all good! Thanks for the info. I'll look into this.

Click on the icon, read what it says there, and you'll know where you're at.

Click on the icon, read what it says there, and you'll know where you're at.
Hi Kilah!
I just did another calibration and still get the icon, maybe it just stays there? Is anyone else getting this? I'm on a samsung galaxy note 3. This is what it looks like after calibration, but it does say 'NORMAL'. Just a little confusing, Thanks!tempFileForShare_2015-07-03-12-22-18.jpg

Hi Kilah!
I just did another calibration and still get the icon, maybe it just stays there? Is anyone else getting this? I'm on a samsung galaxy note 3. This is what it looks like after calibration, but it does say 'NORMAL'. Just a little confusing, Thanks!View attachment 2636
Your compass is fine - it always shows a question mark and will throw up an error message if there is a problem.
The most important thing to look out for are your mod values which should sit between 1400-1600 and ideally as close to 1500 as possible.

As you can see the little "help" icon is (always) there and its purpose is to show you the help message below when you tap it.

Your compass is fine - it always shows a question mark and will throw up an error message if there is a problem.
The most important thing to look out for are your mod values which should sit between 1400-1600 and ideally as close to 1500 as possible.
Hi editor.
I'm in the process of obtaining my uoc in Australia and the one thing I am struggling to get info on is the actual compass, where it is located, all the spec's and so on.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi editor.
I'm in the process of obtaining my uoc in Australia and the one thing I am struggling to get info on is the actual compass, where it is located, all the spec's and so on.
The compass is located in the nose cone. You will not find any info on its type and performance. The principle I used for my Ops Manual to support my UK CAA PFAW application for all Inspire systems is that it is a Ready-to-Fly, rather than a self-built one. This allows you to simply state "as fitted".

Hi editor.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
As Scotflieger mentions, the magnetometer is located in the nose cone and is a non specified proprietary part.
I'm not sure about AUS but since you guys follow the UK CAA fairly closely do you not have less stringent conditions for sub 7kg SUAV?
Other than self built craft I do not know a reason that you would need to specify technical specifications for a solid state magnetometer/compass.
If you are having issues I would suggest you speak to your NQE/Accrediting body who will undoubtably come across Inspire aircraft previously and should be able to assist in getting Ops Manual/FRC's passed for CASA.

Hi Guy's.
Thank you so much for your help.
I'm sure you are correct about sub 7kg class and the requirements for the compass spec to be included in the ops manual.
I have made enquiries about this with casa but getting a reply is agonising

Anyway I will keep persisting.
Thanks again guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84