Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Confirmed list of compatible smart devices for the Pilot App

Reaction score
Since there are still many people coming here to ask what devices will work with the Pilot App, I thought that it will be nice to have a list of confirmed devices compiled by the forum subscribers. It seems to get complicated when coming to the Android devices especially as there are so many out there.

Example:
Brand: Samsung
Model: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Any Issues: Performance etc.

I am using a Nexus 7 (2013 version), which I just bought from Groupon for $135. It is running Android 4.4.4.

I haven't taken it outside yet, but it works great in my office.

And for those new to Android, I highly recommend the Nexus devices. They run pure Android software directly from Google, and thus are free of all of the custom interfaces that manufacturers use to differentiate their products.

I also have a Nexus 9, which I will try to test today.

I'm concerned about the 1.5 processor speed of that though. Let us know how it goes in flight. The nexus 7 I mean.

Reactions: Keks
I just tried out my Nexus 9 on my 2nd remote.

I had some trouble getting the remote into slave mode. I finally figured out that every time I wanted to put it in slave mode, I had to disable USB debugging, then re-enable it, then re-start the Pilot app. This is true even though I had permanently granted USB debugging permissions to the remote.

I tried my other Nexus 7 on that same remote, and did not have the same problem.

In addition, I found the 9-inch tablet to be a bit too large and too heavy for my liking. I prefer the Nexus 7 for both remotes.

What's the update rate of the image like on the Nexus 7? I've seen some video of a Samsung Galaxy Tab S which is much more powerful and it looked very jerky compared to what I've been seeing on my iPad.

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

I've just read a couple times from over at rcgroup that tablet runs butter smooth. I'm zeroing in on that one, if my LG-G 8.3 isn't good.

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

I've just read a couple times from over at rcgroup that tablet runs butter smooth. I'm zeroing in on that one, if my LG-G 8.3 isn't good.
Thanks for pointing that out shockwave199. .I was in a atnt store last night looking at tablets and I saw the galaxy and didn't think it was on dji's list of supported android devices so I'm glad to hear that it works well..

I've got an old Galaxy Tab 3, don't really use it and downloaded the app and seems to work ok, though a lot slower than the iPad Air 2 and has trouble keeping up with the camera.

Also more useful when you do a IMU Calibration it'll say in red "IMU calibration OK" instead of the iOs app saying nothing.

Last edited:
I'm using a Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact with it, and it's working well. Smooth video - minimal lag.

Since there are still many people coming here to ask what devices will work with the Pilot App, I thought that it will be nice to have a list of confirmed devices compiled by the forum subscribers. It seems to get complicated when coming to the Android devices especially as there are so many out there.

Example:
Brand: Samsung
Model: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Any Issues: Performance etc.[/QUOT

i just purchased the samsung galaxy 8.4 inch, works great in the pilot app, no problems

using an HTC One m8 and a galaxy note 8. The HTC has been flawless, the Note 8 video was good but the app crashed once mid flight didn't cause any problems just hovered for a few seconds till mid video link was back up

Currently using iPhone 6 Plus, never had any issues but really want a larger screen.
Ive now decided to get an iPad Air 1 as reports are good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrocksshuttle