Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controller Turned Off During Firmware Update

Reaction score
Hey, everybody.

I just received my Inspire last night, and I have spent today getting everything squared away to start flying soon. I charged the battery and controller (not at the same time), and then started the firmware upgrade process. I did everything by the book, but about five minutes in, I was still at 0% progress. The controller started beeping shortly after that (which I now suspect to be an alert for being idle -- it did this again a moment ago, and touching one of the sticks ceased the beeping). I thought this may be part of the upgrade process, but the controller powered off and disconnected me from the aircraft. It has been about twenty minutes now, and the aircraft is still upgrading (yellow light, and printer-like beeping noises), but I cannot connect the app/controller to the Inspire. Should I be worried about this? Currently, I'm just letting it do its thing. The only thing I did that could have been out of the ordinary was using my phone (an Android LG Volt) connected to my PC to transfer the .bin file onto the microSD in the absence of a card reader. No other files were transferred to the card. Should I be worried? Any suggestions? Thanks, all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb