Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

coptersafe mod

Hi, LONE DRONER , return to static home point fully worked at this NFZ mod, just record home point and all will be ok.
Thanks a lot ,,I'm going to try to have it put on ..not going to do it myself rather pay someone ..did you install the button ..? where do you activate yous , both ways

Did you install it yourself and did you have to solder the wires
There are no soldering requirements to install this thing as per their website instructions which are comprehensive along with photographs showing positioning and installation!

However, personally I wouldn't go anywhere near this modification.
In order to 'activate' or turn it on you have to press the red switch at least once (but for some instances up to six times) during the first six seconds of powering the aircraft on.
This is exactly the warm up period that the IMU/gyros are stabilising and initialising. By pressing this button you are inducing movement and vibration into your airframe during this critical warm up phase.
Additionally, no commercial operator could use this and expect to be covered by either their insurer or complying with their relevant countries aviation authority. - you are effectively spoofing an aircraft's GPS positional data!

Throw it in the trash!

If you have a valid reason and permissions to fly within a restricted area then there is no issue and DJI will supply you with a modified Go App for the duration of your flight/mission provided you supply them with the requisite documents proving identity and authorisation.

The above comments are my opinion - people will need to make up their own mind.

the mod seems a good solution for a workaround but there is one HUGE requirement...

you HAVE to know how to fly meaning follow, flyby and do stuff one normally probably does with Autoflight logic, litchi or others...
so if you can't fly or an authorized pilot in your country this mod is useless...

in hungary as for my part there is no official acreditaion and i am brave enough to say that i can fly. i had my close calls and also had situaitions where dypers would have been nice but who hasn't had these...
there are rules here but no official laws and the rules are, well not really a realistic option in some cases as they are just not makeable meaning either not enough time to go through the paper work or just not realistic like the insurance costing a fortune and excluding all liability... - yes you pay for an insurance paper you can show around for just about 1000euros but when somethin happnes the insurance does not cover anything -

i am doing and did many flights which in UK eyes would be inacceptable and you would hunt me down if i'd did it on your island... i do charge more as the joe around the corner keeping in mind that i first started to learn how to fly with a manual system practicing and also would actually like to and consider to do a course in the UK to be ahead of the wannabe pilots here once they find out a law for multirotors to be on the safe side once the party starts.

i really and beleve me REALLY would do all leagally if the posibilities would have a fundimental base to do so... currently 98% of multirotor users that are flying for money do it "not leagally" the 2% if any have some kind of contact that makes it easy for them to acuire what they need...

:(

my 2c

p.s.: sorry to get a bit off topic, just had to get it off my heart as it is really frustrating at times... investing a load of money learning everything and not being able to charge what it would be worth because some joe around the corner is willing to do it for a third of my cost... of course with not even close to my knowlidge or none at all not considering pre cautions or emergency landing spaces or a seperation as i do for safety reasons min and max hights, zones etc... what's it called, risk assasment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Editor
the mod seems a good solution for a workaround but there is one HUGE requirement...

you HAVE to know how to fly meaning follow, flyby and do stuff one normally probably does with Autoflight logic, litchi or others...
so if you can't fly or an authorized pilot in your country this mod is useless...

in hungary as for my part there is no official acreditaion and i am brave enough to say that i can fly. i had my close calls and also had situaitions where dypers would have been nice but who hasn't had these...
there are rules here but no official laws and the rules are, well not really a realistic option in some cases as they are just not makeable meaning either not enough time to go through the paper work or just not realistic like the insurance costing a fortune and excluding all liability... - yes you pay for an insurance paper you can show around for just about 1000euros but when somethin happnes the insurance does not cover anything -

i am doing and did many flights which in UK eyes would be inacceptable and you would hunt me down if i'd did it on your island... i do charge more as the joe around the corner keeping in mind that i first started to learn how to fly with a manual system practicing and also would actually like to and consider to do a course in the UK to be ahead of the wannabe pilots here once they find out a law for multirotors to be on the safe side once the party starts.

i really and beleve me REALLY would do all leagally if the posibilities would have a fundimental base to do so... currently 98% of multirotor users that are flying for money do it "not leagally" the 2% if any have some kind of contact that makes it easy for them to acuire what they need...

:(

my 2c

p.s.: sorry to get a bit off topic, just had to get it off my heart as it is really frustrating at times... investing a load of money learning everything and not being able to charge what it would be worth because some joe around the corner is willing to do it for a third of my cost... of course with not even close to my knowlidge or none at all not considering pre cautions or emergency landing spaces or a seperation as i do for safety reasons min and max hights, zones etc... what's it called, risk assasment...

thank you Editor, i feel honored you like my post.

You guys do realize that we were flying quads, helis, and multis for years before this GPS database control stuff came along, right? I mean that in the nicest way, but the reality of all this is that all of this is nothing more than the manufacturers attempting, and hoping, they have covered their own butts when the inevitable happens.

When it does happen, you are not going to be able to use the fact that you had it as a defense. Sorry if the harsh reality of that offends you. I'm just laying the facts out as they are.

If you fly responsibly as you are supposed to, whether your GPS data is on or off is irrelavent. It is anyway, whether you choose to accept it or not. Ultimately, the responsibility of flying lies on the shoulders of the pilot and the PIC alone.

Fly safely, my friends.

Reactions: Phatzo
Just order one to try it out with my Phantom 3 Pro !! if it works ok then i installed on my Inpire too.

You guys do realize that we were flying quads, helis, and multis for years before this GPS database control stuff came along, right? I mean that in the nicest way, but the reality of all this is that all of this is nothing more than the manufacturers attempting, and hoping, they have covered their own butts when the inevitable happens.

When it does happen, you are not going to be able to use the fact that you had it as a defense. Sorry if the harsh reality of that offends you. I'm just laying the facts out as they are.

If you fly responsibly as you are supposed to, whether your GPS data is on or off is irrelavent. It is anyway, whether you choose to accept it or not. Ultimately, the responsibility of flying lies on the shoulders of the pilot and the PIC alone.

Fly safely, my friends.

you are absolutley right, but laws and rules prevent some of us to not being able to use it like the guys in england... if they do use it with permission from all authoraties apart from warranty issues whilst altering the unit that could work but you do have to KNOW how to fly and manuver manually and all the things others do with app help...
i learned (like mentioned in a post before) all in manual mode (mikrokopter electronics) and had hours on the sim before i got out into the real world (backyard :D )
i do risk assesments and also do my best to use common sense and fly as safe as possible.

cheers

In order to 'activate' or turn it on you have to press the red switch at least once (but for some instances up to six times) during the first six seconds of powering the aircraft on.
This is exactly the warm period that the IMU/gyros are stabilising and initialising. By pressing this button you are inducing movement and vibration into your airframe during this critical warm up phase.
Additionally, no commercial operator could use this and expect to be covered by either their insurer or complying with their relevant countries aviation authority. - you are effectively spoofing an aircraft's GPS positional data!

You are right, initialization performed at startup. But there is nothing to worry about. IMU initialization is delayed if vibration is detected. Furthermore will show error, if IMU initialization failed.

Button press is required only for Inspire 1 mod. Inspire is heavy and IMU initialization doesn't suffer from mod activation.
In most situations 1 press is enough (~10 km shift). Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 could be activated from RC Remote without using the button.

DJI copters don't send GPS location to aviation authority. I don't expect NFZ mod could violate any rules. You just need to have permissions to fly in NFZ area.

well guys i have to said coptersafe NFZ chip works excelent on my phantom 3 !!! Why i used it, simply because i have to fly on airports all over the country to shoot construction stuff on it, like new control tower for example .... i have no chance to use the new DJI system so i have no choice buy coptersafe works really nice !

Everyone sees as a danger flying on a no fly zone, not all pilots are irresponsible and not ,but there are areas that are far away from danger if the drone respects the permitted heights or have to make low flights for certain commercial films without compromising at all air traffic. To cite a case. A company hired me to film their storage indoors, but they are in an area no fly zone. What risk implies that fly in that place indoors? However DJI not allows me to fly, and I'm not risking any plane.
I find it unfair not have the chance to fly in those areas. As far as I have understood, it is no longer allowed to ask more DJI authorizations to remove the no fly zone. Where i can show a permission letter to remove no fly zones?
I watch a you tube video where they were flying inside a hanger at an airport. He had cut a part of a soda and placed it over the gps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz