Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

coptersafe mod

Hmmmm........... My Credit Card will be staying firmly in my wallet on this one I think.
Seems like a total scam.
Website appears registered in California.

someone has installed the mod from coptersafe to avoid the no fly zone? NFZ removal – CopterSafe – Remove No Fly Zone limitation for Phantom and Inpire
What were the results ?, still gps? i cant find info from this mod
With all the scrutiny on flying a drone, Why would you want to remove the no fly zone if your flying is for hobby purposes. If you fly for business all you need to do is show a permission letter and DJI will remove it for you. Flying in a no fly zone just makes it hard on everyone else who just enjoys the drone.

Reactions: tweaker
With all the scrutiny on flying a drone, Why would you want to remove the no fly zone if your flying is for hobby purposes. If you fly for business all you need to do is show a permission letter and DJI will remove it for you. Flying in a no fly zone just makes it hard on everyone else who just enjoys the drone.

Everyone sees as a danger flying on a no fly zone, not all pilots are irresponsible and not ,but there are areas that are far away from danger if the drone respects the permitted heights or have to make low flights for certain commercial films without compromising at all air traffic. To cite a case. A company hired me to film their storage indoors, but they are in an area no fly zone. What risk implies that fly in that place indoors? However DJI not allows me to fly, and I'm not risking any plane.
I find it unfair not have the chance to fly in those areas. As far as I have understood, it is no longer allowed to ask more DJI authorizations to remove the no fly zone. Where i can show a permission letter to remove no fly zones?

Everyone sees as a danger flying on a no fly zone, not all pilots are irresponsible and not ,but there are areas that are far away from danger if the drone respects the permitted heights or have to make low flights for certain commercial films without compromising at all air traffic. To cite a case. A company hired me to film their storage indoors, but they are in an area no fly zone. What risk implies that fly in that place indoors? However DJI not allows me to fly, and I'm not risking any plane.
I find it unfair not have the chance to fly in those areas. As far as I have understood, it is no longer allowed to ask more DJI authorizations to remove the no fly zone. Where i can show a permission letter to remove no fly zones?
Quoted from DJI - "Restricted Zone. In these Zones, which appear red the DJI GO app, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is prevented. Example Restricted Zone: Washington D.C. If you believe you have authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, please contact [email protected]". While I do sympathize with the unfairness of not being able to fly in certain areas is unfair. The fact is no fly zones are set because it is illegal to fly in those areas. Yes , I agree the indoor situation you described is absurd. The fact remains, Breaking the code to fly in a no fly zone puts ALL drone operators at the risk of even harsher laws/restrictions. You are in this forum to be part of a group that share a common hobby/passion/business...The same person helping you fix a problem might be the same person who loses his ability to fly because new restrictions/laws were made because some one thought it was "unfair" that they could not fly exactly where they want.

I'm sorry, I do not want to be misunderstood. I do not think what I asked endanger everyone with more prohibitions and i still considering is unfair. My point is this. I do not agree with that DJI is who determines when not fly and you have to be asking permission to DJI even if it is not violating the law. 3dr robotic for example doesnt have no fly zones restrictions and is a USA company. This shows that the law does not require the drone company to have that restriction.. They warn you but not forbit and tell you to call to the tower, considering that each one is responsible for his actions and is the law that must judge whether we did any wrong. Just because there may be cases someone requires flying in a no fly zone area but in situations that would not be breaking the law, like interiors, low alltitudes, etc.

While I understand your point and believe me, I do not like to be told what I can or cant do either. The one irresponsible flyer with the 3dr drone who cause damage in a no fly zone will be sued along with 3dr who took no precautions to prevent such action. Meanwhile , If the same happens with a DJI product , they can claim they took measure to prevent such actions and it was blatant irresponsibility of the operator. Its not about caring, Its about them keeping the money we gave them for their product in their pockets. I really do appreciate your point of view and I do agree. I also see the world of litigation we live in and also understand peoples distrust of UAV that is really unwarranted. Take care and be safe, I wish you well.

While I understand your point and believe me, I do not like to be told what I can or cant do either. The one irresponsible flyer with the 3dr drone who cause damage in a no fly zone will be sued along with 3dr who took no precautions to prevent such action. Meanwhile , If the same happens with a DJI product , they can claim they took measure to prevent such actions and it was blatant irresponsibility of the operator. Its not about caring, Its about them keeping the money we gave them for their product in their pockets. I really do appreciate your point of view and I do agree. I also see the world of litigation we live in and also understand peoples distrust of UAV that is really unwarranted. Take care and be safe, I wish you well.

My country doesnt apply to dji no fly zone unlocking. I tried yesterday. Only North america and Europe

i was thinking the same, there is no mail or any contact, no info, no videos, anything
Sorry for lack of info. We are at final stage with Phantom 4 NFZ mod. We'll add video and reviews soon. First users started to fly with NFZ mod last week.

Both GPS and Atti modes are available when NFZ is activated

Last edited:
Reactions: lone droner dude
Sorry for lack of info. We are at final stage with Phantom 4 NFZ mod. We'll add video and reviews soon. First users started to fly with NFZ mod last week.

Both GPS and Atti modes are available when NFZ is activated
Thank you for taking the time to post on here - I notice your website has been updated but still no contact details etc.
I think users and forum members here will have a higher comfort level if better contact details are supplied (address, tel no, etc).

I shall keep a close eye on this thread........ :)

It appears to modify by one of four selectable strategies the GPS data received by the GPS unit on its way to the FC.

Clever, has caveats obviously and DJI will likely counter with a FW update. But the unit is also FW updatable so let the cat and mouse games begin :)

I think it's probably aimed at 333 folks who get an occasional gig with the required mountain of auth paperwork to back them up but still can't fly due to DJI's hard wired NFZ that can't be unlocked even the new GEO system.

Reactions: The Editor
It appears to modify by one of four selectable strategies the GPS data received by the GPS unit on its way to the FC.

Clever, has caveats obviously and DJI will likely counter with a FW update. But the unit is also FW updatable so let the cat and mouse games begin :)

I think it's probably aimed at 333 folks who get an occasional gig with the required mountain of auth paperwork to back them up but still can't fly due to DJI's hard wired NFZ that can't be unlocked even the new GEO system.
Yup, as far as I can determine it feeds offset (false) positional data to the flight controller to make the aircraft 'think' it is still outside of a NFZ. It remembers the offset, which is calculated in real time so can navigate back to the home point from take off.

Since DJI use a standard UBlox GPS RX and this is intercepted before the positional data even gets to the FC I am not even sure DJI could circumvent this on the current hardware platform. :)

i've tested this mod - work very well - any questions welcome
I do sure hope you get help me ,my friend ,,,I am afraid to install this because of all the bad warning s about it online .Will it actually return home when hit the button and it loses signal have you tried it please let me know,,, THE LONE DRONER.. THANX,,,,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game