Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cruzroy Battery Mod

Hey guys
I almost read through the whole thread, it was very interesting and thank you very much for your work. I also search for a cheap solution to replace the orignal battery from DJI. It would be not a problem to buy the solutions from the chinas guy but my problem is that I already have some extra weight(separate thermal camara) on the drone so I think the extra 300g (with the TB90) are not possible in my case. So in my case I do not need extra flight time, I mean it would be nice but not possible, I just need cheap dji battery replacement.
What I did so far:
I simple changed the head of one good TB48 Batteries and a bad one and it works perfectly. So this does mean that it must be possible to disconnect the head of the orignal battery and concet it to a lipo with the same capacitiy without any problem and the dedection of the drone? I am right or not? I don´t think that the BMS (TI) detected the characteristic of the single cells it only measures the current and the internal resistance.
My next step would be to use the TB47 Battery head and connect this external lipo: Turnigy 4500mAh 6S 30C Lipo Pack w/XT-90
Turnigy 4500mAh 6S 30C Lipo Pack w/XT-90

If this will work i will search for an cheap lipo with 5700mAh or with an close value.

Reactions: thesnake
has anyone talked about overcharging.........adding minutes to your stock or modded battery..... i heard if done safely it works

has anyone talked about overcharging.........adding minutes to your stock or modded battery..... i heard if done safely it works
Very unlikely to add minutes.

Unless you know what you are doing, squeezing in a few more mA can end in a spectacular explosive result.

You WILL shorten the life of your pack by doing so - depending on how much you overcharge, by as much as 50%.

The ‘gains‘ do not over justify the loss/danger.

Reactions: niki
ok guys over the weekend i flew 12 flights with the inspire, with 10 minutes for cool down, now i still fly the invincible 1.08.01 and it slight might be modded, i know we cant speak of sucks things, but i want to tell you the findings, my inspire can fly and average of 45 MPH, 50+ with the wind at its back, i put batteries in and after lift off i went about 200" for safety and then it was a figure 8 or oval flight at full throttle, like i said an average of 45 MPH, this is the standings

we have some people talking about modded batteries and why ??...............they say they still get 19 minutes out of a tb48, (maybe in a hover), but i wanted to test real world,,,get to where you want fast, and then pics and videos...then get home quick.......

5 -tb47's = 5-7 minute flights
6- tb48's = 6-9 minute flights
1-tb9000mah = 17 minute flight

i will be recieving 1 12000mah inspire 1 battery, and a mavic pro 11740 lipo for testing......soon, but i heard the little guy rowing the boat from CHIN-na has to rest his arms now and again

TB49 = 28-30 minute flight

lets be clear, i have had my inspire since new, i have a titan antenna system, and mXXXed FW, its not your grandpas drone, i pushed the limits on this drone hard, and has always been there for me,
yes the video could be better, but its the sound of the High Attitude props, and size and of course the rise and fall of the landing gear, i will try to fly this bird as long as i can.

draw back is having no vision system.......if your going fast, and your going to hit a tree.....YOU WILL HIT IT,,

but i love my inspire
phantom 4
phantom 2
mavic pro
and little spark

all older models, and can be setup to your liking ...not like the new ones

keep safe and be safe out there guys, lots going on in the world today, and keep the skids side down..

Last edited:
So if I want to purchase 8 of these 12000 modded batteries, how do I do it and where do I get them from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxHides19