Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Custom FPV Kit really really bad range.

Reaction score
Hi, this is my 1st post on the forum but i was am reading here for some times now and it as been really helpful of now.

I have build a custom FPV on my inspire 1 for real dual operator. Here is some pictures:
Photo%2015-08-22%2014%2003%2033.jpg

Photo%2015-08-22%2014%2003%2056.jpg

Photo%2015-08-22%2014%2004%2012.jpg

Photo%2015-08-22%2015%2018%2034.jpg

Photo%2015-08-22%2015%2018%2043.jpg

Photo%2015-08-22%2015%2018%2049.jpg

Photo%2015-08-22%2015%2020%2015.jpg

Photo%2015-08-22%2015%2020%2057.jpg

Here is what is in my kit:
The camera is: Fat Shark FPV HD CAMERA V2 (720P)
Transmiter is: Flysight TX-5807
FPV Google: Flysight Spexman One

I think i have done a great job on the inspire setup, the setup is clean and neat, no holes drilled into the aircraft.

My problem is that i got a range of i would say not more then 20'-30'. It should be more around 2-3 miles easy. Does any one of you know if there is anythong in this setup that can not work togheter or if there is a specific range of band and channel to use for good distance?

Thanx a lot!

I see you don't use the original antenna, are you sure the connector of the antenna matches the one on the TX (i.e. one of them has a pin)? IF you mix up SMA and RP-SMA by mistake you can end up with no connection (and burn the TX).

Reactions: The Editor
I see you don't use the original antenna, are you sure the connector of the antenna matches the one on the TX (i.e. one of them has a pin)? IF you mix up SMA and RP-SMA by mistake you can end up with no connection (and burn the TX).

I was in hope you where right, but i have just check and not the antenna fit the TX, but are those TX are easy to burn? Because i am about shure i may have powered it up without antenna at first to test the video quality, may it have damage it and so the range is way reduced ?

I was in hope you where right, but i have just check and not the antenna fit the TX, but are those TX are easy to burn? Because i am about shure i may have powered it up without antenna at first to test the video quality, may it have damage it and so the range is way reduced ?
If you have powered up your video TX without antenna attached (even for a few seconds) your transmitter is toast.
You will need to replace it.

If you have powered up your video TX without antenna attached (even for a few seconds) your transmitter is toast.
You will need to replace it.

Ok i am not happy about that but it is a good news!!! I prefer that of an answer like it is not possible on an Inspire because of ..... I will order a new one tomorow morning!! Thanx a lot!

Because i am about shure i may have powered it up without antenna at first to test the video quality, may it have damage it and so the range is way reduced ?
Yes that is exactly the way they would fail.
Might still want to double check your channels match on the TX and RX and the same ting about antenna on the RX side before buying a new one.

Yes that is exactly the way they would fail.
Might still want to double check your channels match on the TX and RX and the same ting about antenna on the RX side before buying a new one.

Yes i have! I have replaced all antenna for the original one and had the same issue.

Is a fried TX will still transmit low range signal? Because right now it is still transmiting but on a very short distance.

Also Does someone know why on my FPV google if i connect the Inspire 1 HDMI the UP/DOWN osd is cut? It does the same on my google then on my Flat Screen tv on my flat screen i got adjusterment so i can get it back but on my google i don't seems to?

Yes i have! I have replaced all antenna for the original one and had the same issue.

Is a fried TX will still transmit low range signal? Because right now it is still transmiting but on a very short distance.

Also Does someone know why on my FPV google if i connect the Inspire 1 HDMI the UP/DOWN osd is cut? It does the same on my google then on my Flat Screen tv on my flat screen i got adjusterment so i can get it back but on my google i don't seems to?
It looks as if the components are not good quality, I just built a custom with the FPV and thermal cameras and it is getting around 3.5 km. If you haven't gotten it sorted give me a shout and I will help

As the other thread on alternative thermal got locked, Ralph, can you tell us more about the custom thermal mods you have done. It would be of great interest to many. As you are doing this as a business I can see why it might be a no go area for the admin here.

As the other thread on alternative thermal got locked, Ralph, can you tell us more about the custom thermal mods you have done. It would be of great interest to many. As you are doing this as a business I can see why it might be a no go area for the admin here.
Sure thing, I will gather up some info on what we are offering and shoot it out to you tomorrow. We are currently building thermal/optical Inspires for several search and rescue organizations as well as commercial interests. I love thermal tech and can't wait until the XT comes out. It should be nice. Will give you a shout tomorrow. Good to hear from you.
Respectfully

Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Not a problem - Ralph/FlyHigh USA is an approved vendor.
He is free to advertise and promote his products. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters