Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dead TB48 Battery

Reaction score
G'day DJI Inspire 1 members,

It's kinda nice we all share one thing in common.

My problem: Dead out of warranty TB48 battery.
Total cycles - Approx 6
Stored correctly for several months - nothing.
The other 4 Batteries subjected to same method and work well to date.

There are no LED indications - Hold down button.....
Disconnected balance lead for days...........
Battery placed in aircraft - nothing.
Even with new firmware on blank SD in aircraft.
Any solutions please.

I'm new to the website, however been FPV'n for some years.
Actually first time ever on a forum.
There goes me cherry!!!

I have no doubt the battery internals are sound and don't want to use it as a book holder.
Anyway to bypass logic board, disassemble, master reset.......?

Thanking you all in anticipation

Gunna

You might try pulling off the lid (carefully) disconnecting small cable and letting it sit for an hour. Then reassemble and fully charge.
G'day EMCSQUAR,
Thank you very much for your input.
Can you please clarify "disconnecting small cable"
Are you referring to balance lead lead/plug?
Or single small wire that doesn't appear to be connected to anything?

65 views and only one person who is prepared to provide some input??

Trust me if this happens to you, no doubt you will be trying to source an answer!!!

I'm referring to this little wire

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    632.6 KB · Views: 87
G'day EMCSQUAR,
Thank you very much for your input.
Can you please clarify "disconnecting small cable"
Are you referring to balance lead lead/plug?
Or single small wire that doesn't appear to be connected to anything?
the balance lead plug (small lead). I bought 2 batts off Ebay new in the box(s) and both wouldn't charge. From an earlier thread I read here on PPs, it suggested pulling small lead, let sit an hour then fully charge and it worked like a charm.

Thank you very much EMCSQUAR for your input.
I have tried that before, however will give it another shot.

I'll get back to you with the result.
Cheers

I had this happen. Are you sure the battery doesn't need a firmware update? Mine went into lockdown like this and I almost sent it back to DJI until I tried this. Now it works fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar problem with a T47 battery and tried all the methods you appear to have tried. As it was out of warranty I popped the top and disconnected the plug (the one under the yellow tape in the image you posted) on several occasions for long periods without any success. I decided that there was nothing to do and asked this forum about correct disposal techniques as I believe my battery was about 70% charged when it ceased working. Luckily it was sitting on my bench awaiting partial discharge before storage when it died. I have left it sitting on a shelf and am still undecided as to what to do. Even if it did a Lazarus I'm not sure I would ever trust it enough to put it in the Inspire and take off. Good to see another Aussie on the Forum.

image.jpg

G'day Fella's
Sorry for the delay.
Your feed back is greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately the new TB48 battery is dead!
This has been confirmed by seller of DJI products.
Obviously got a faulty one, and as it's outside official DJI warranty period.
I have no other option but take it in the .....!!!

Safe flying to you all!!

Just had a 48 that has less than 10 recharges on it, but is out of warranty, not taking a charge. Tried the easy stuff to no avail. Removed the top and unplugged. Got it to charge fully. Put it in the Inspire and got a battery warning..... Damaged Cell! I assume the battery is now an expensive paperweight. Any tricks to reviving a bad cell?

I've just had FOUR of my TB48's do this on me. They were carefully discharged down to 50% before I put them away several months back (haven't had time to fly). And now four of them are completely dead and will not charge. I'll try the "remove the cover and disconnect the wire" trick, but is this really how "smart" batteries are supposed to behave? I've had other LiPos at storage charge and they don't appear to mind being stored for several months.

I've just had FOUR of my TB48's do this on me. They were carefully discharged down to 50% before I put them away several months back (haven't had time to fly). And now four of them are completely dead and will not charge. I'll try the "remove the cover and disconnect the wire" trick, but is this really how "smart" batteries are supposed to behave? I've had other LiPos at storage charge and they don't appear to mind being stored for several months.
It was a bug in earlier firmware that caused the quiescent current during hibernate to, well......not be so quiescent! They continue to discharge beyond where you really want packs to go in the region of 0.9v per cell.
Some people have had success bringing them back to life by disconnecting and putting them on a Lipo charger until they hit a certain voltage. Then they charge normally.
However, do you really want to trust a pack during climb out and high current drain that has been dragged down to below 1v per cell?

It was a bug in earlier firmware that caused the quiescent current during hibernate to, well......not be so quiescent! They continue to discharge beyond where you really want packs to go in the region of 0.9v per cell.
Some people have had success bringing them back to life by disconnecting and putting them on a Lipo charger until they hit a certain voltage. Then they charge normally.
However, do you really want to trust a pack during climb out and high current drain that has been dragged down to below 1v per cell?
thats a nice trick from our Chinease buddies hey? Honestly anyone who has suffered this shoudl be given warrenty regardless of when it happened. Otherwise they can just do what the hell they want and know that we have to buy new batteries in order to keep flying.
On a birghter note.
I just dug some out from storage, they had been stored since March, however I cycled them during that time, they all charged up fine and none reported any cell mismatch or anything. Happy days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide