Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Deserializer malfunction...(see attachment)

Reaction score
Greetings,

Is anyone having a "deserializer malfunction" issue? Ive never had ANY (ZERO) issue with the aircraft and RC until the latest firmware update messed everything up, so I got my inspire 1 v2 diagnosed and this, the estimate of what I'm going to pay...something I did not break. Also, the parts that are listed on the attached photo might be the fix to your "deserializer malfunction" issue.Screenshot_20181218-194206.jpg

Last edited:
I was also curious as to exactly what is a deserialize malfunction, ( I don't believe deserializer is an actual word found in the English Dictionary, but that's OK), whatever it is you are experiencing on your Inspire 1 model.
Maybe if you begin by explaining what specifically you had been experiencing, rather than some projected cost of repair, this may be more enlightening to folks wanting to help. I'm personally not familiar with such a term or malfunction, but that doesn't mean it's not possible or experienced by others. The costs of repair appear to be almost that of what the model is actually worth were my thoughts, unless the model is equipped with an upgraded camera system.
Maybe there is some other explanation for the trouble you've been experiencing, not sure. : )

Last edited:
The deserializer provides data transmission minimizing the number of i/o lines necessary by converting parallel into serial data to read through to media (microSD card).
It is a hardware malfunction but will not normally require any parts - usually a proprietary file can be flashed to the device which will solve the issue.

You will not get a copy of the file, since DJI will not release it.

Reactions: Sunscreen
The deserializer provides data transmission minimizing the number of i/o lines necessary by converting parallel into serial data to read through to media (microSD card).
It is a hardware malfunction but will not normally require any parts - usually a proprietary file can be flashed to the device which will solve the issue.

If a proprietary file owned by Dji is what may be necessary to set things straight once again, then sending the quadcopter back to Dji may be a better way for the OP to go, and more than likely less of an expense to repair. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Ellipsis87,
If your repair estimate was provided by a third party repair facility, and based on information provided by The Editor in response to your issue, you may want to check with Dji for further evaluation of the issue as presented. You may find the repair cost to be more reasonable than previously quoted, just a thought.
All the best getting sorted. :)

Thank you guys for the input, I am going to send it to DJI and I just hope that I don't have to pay anything, specially for something I did not break...please see the attached photo, I can't seem to upgrade both rc and the aircraft, it usually gets stuck at 100 then it would fail...Screenshot_20181222-175856.pngScreenshot_20181222-175506.png

So does this particular issue also happen with the DJI Inspire 2 or does it only pertain to the Inspire 1? As I only have the Inspire 2 I am curious about this issue. Thanks

So does this particular issue also happen with the DJI Inspire 2 or does it only pertain to the Inspire 1? As I only have the Inspire 2 I am curious about this issue. Thanks
Lots of discussion on this topic back in April, 2015 on the Dji forum. Topic heading, Deserializer disconected, Hardware malfunction.
Thank you guys for the input, I am going to send it to DJI and I just hope that I don't have to pay anything, specially for something I did not break...please see the attached photo, I can't seem to upgrade both rc and the aircraft, it usually gets stuck at 100 then it would fail...View attachment 23590View attachment 23591

Lots of discussion on this topic back in April of 2015 on the Dji forum, from those experiencing the same issue.
Deserializer disconnected : Hardware Malfunction

Last edited:
If you send it to DJI you’re almost always going to be charged for something, somehow someway! Trust me I have been there before with an issue that wasn’t my fault and they charged me $400 replacement fees. And that was with DJI REFRESH CARE too!! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44