Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Different RTH issue?

Reaction score
Website
www.aerialmediacostarica.com
Before I take the drastic measure of trying to reinstall the newest firmware, which I am not even sure is possible, I want to make sure this isn't normal and I have a reason to be worried. I go to the RTH settings add a height of 30 meters, but when click the RTH button this pic is what I get. Is everyone getting "when required, it will return to this point at a minimum of 0.0 M, according to your failsafe settings. "

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 25
Have you tried to uninstall then re-install the pilot app? Seems like a glitch. What version of the app are you using? I've got 1.0.7 I can send you.

Have you tried to uninstall then re-install the pilot app? Seems like a glitch. What version of the app are you using? I've got 1.0.7 I can send you.
I have 1.0.3 - Please send my way if you don't mind. If it works you will have saved me hours of time. I was not looking forward to trying to update firmware = not fun. Email is [email protected]

Even borrow a freinds Android device just for testing purposes.
Link sent.
Let us know how you go.
Thanks.
I will do that if this doesn't work. Thanks again. I am glad you brought up it could be an app issue. I was thinking it was something with the bird. Maybe this does the trick. Will let you know how it plays out.

Reactions: sirnikolas
well the reinstall didn't change anything. In fact I deleted, downloaded and started again and all my old settings are still in the app. I need to figure out a way to get the ipad to completely forget that I had the app and maybe it will work.
The bird has been flying great and everything working well. Just worried that if I do lose signal that it will drop to the ground. I usually stary my flights at least 100 to 200 meters above sea-level so this could be really bad! Thanks again for the advice SIrnikolas. Looks like i may be looking for a android device.

Jump on Dji 24/7 tech support and run the issue by them before you do anything else. I know it's painful talking to them but at times you do get some really helpful techs.

The birds settings live in the bird not the app.

Reactions: AMCR
well the reinstall didn't change anything. In fact I deleted, downloaded and started again and all my old settings are still in the app. I need to figure out a way to get the ipad to completely forget that I had the app and maybe it will work.
The bird has been flying great and everything working well. Just worried that if I do lose signal that it will drop to the ground. I usually stary my flights at least 100 to 200 meters above sea-level so this could be really bad! Thanks again for the advice SIrnikolas. Looks like i may be looking for a android device.
Your settings are saved within the flight controller on the Inspire so even deleting everything from your tablet will still preserve your settings.
With regards to the height showing as 0.0 on the RTH pop up screen, this was a bug in the app that has now been fixed on Android but I guess not on iOS !

Silly question but, you do have the Inspire on and connected when you try and set the RTH height yes?

Reactions: AMCR
Your settings are saved within the flight controller on the Inspire so even deleting everything from your tablet will still preserve your settings.
With regards to the height showing as 0.0 on the RTH pop up screen, this was a bug in the app that has now been fixed on Android but I guess not on iOS !

Silly question but, you do have the Inspire on and connected when you try and set the RTH height yes?

So it is a bug! I have been racking my brain and scouring this website to find an answer. Thanks Editor. I am up at 3:30am CR time specifically to find a solution before my shoot at 9am today. Just to confirm...the 0.0 doesn't matter and the RTH setting will be used if / when signal is lost or i use that feature?
Yes, everything connected and going through pre-flight checklist when setting RTH height.
You're a lifesaver Editor! I think I will go back to bed

So it is a bug! I have been racking my brain and scouring this website to find an answer. Thanks Editor. I am up at 3:30am CR time specifically to find a solution before my shoot at 9am today. Just to confirm...the 0.0 doesn't matter and the RTH setting will be used if / when signal is lost or i use that feature?
Yes, everything connected and going through pre-flight checklist when setting RTH height.
You're a lifesaver Editor! I think I will go back to bed
If you are worried about how the craft will behave in RTH you can do this simple test.
Fire up the remote and app, then the Inspire. Set the RTH height to 30m. Then fly the Inspire out to a distance greater than 20m and hover at circa 15m.
Then hit RTH. Your Inspire should climb to 30m then turn and head for home. Even if the bug manifested itself as turning and coming straight back at the height it is currently at:
1. You are always able to control the craft even in return to home
2. You can cancel RTH instantly by hitting the button again
3. You will see exactly how the craft is behaving in that situation should the need arise.

Hope that helps

Reactions: m1ch1gan
Just curious if this has been solved? AMCR, did you do the test, what were the results?

I'm asking cause I just noticed the same thing yesterday.....(I'm using an iPad mini 2)

IMG_0006.PNG

IMG_0007.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters