Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI CES Announcements

I love the new Inspire Pro Black announcement. "In response to popular demand from the professional filmmaker community" So DJI polled professional photographers and the pros said 'Yup love it, it streams everything to youtube like we asked, now.... can you make it Black?'

Not saying it is a toy... but it looks less like one in black...

How much easier or harder will it be to see the black I1 with your eyes? If one needs to have visual control over your drone what effect will this have on the range you can travel and still keep it within eyesight?

Brian

How much easier or harder will it be to see the black I1 with your eyes? If one needs to have visual control over your drone what effect will this have on the range you can travel and still keep it within eyesight?

Brian

You have only one color (black) instead of two... so much harder.

Brian
you also have the LED's so if the back would be Fu**en RED it would be a lot better. my okto and hexa are also "black" due to the carbon but also have led's on it to determine back and front. my question is to the plasti dip black mod's out there if it does really affect the temp in summer or not. if not i'll olasti dip mine too and there you go i will also have a black I1 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think it would depend on where you're flying. If you predominantly shoot on ski slopes, for instance, I would imagine a black shell might be easier to spot in a predominantly white landscape than a mostly white shell is.

Black inspire never needs firmware updated,gimbal balanced/calibrated or props balanced.
It is weather proof/salt water proof. Can double up as a underwater submarine and requires no input to video/photograph settings.
Just un pack and fly with a 45 min flight time.
In the unlikely event of a problem DJI will answer telephone within three rings.

Oh its also 50% cheaper than last years "white" one.

You gotta love it!!!

is it possible to swap the tail and head led's so back would be RED and front GREEN (i could care less about front color really) but that would be a really good thing if it'll be possible to do.

Its only a good thing for you. I wan t mine as they are. At least the red show up and I know which way it is coming.

thank you for the explenation. actually did ask the service in germany as i had to send it in and they said that swaping them or "resoldering" would not result in what i would like to have because the lights are controlled by the FC. when warranty is over for my first AC i will give it a shot. until then it would have been nice to have DJI be able to do it and keep the warranty :)

so you want the lights changed ..? just for you?

Not likely. The X3 is pretty decent to begin with and it really requires a bigger sensor to get better video and images and that's the X5/X5R. What would you recommend in between a small 1/2.3 sensor in the X3 with a fixed lens and the M43 sensor with inter-changable lenses in the X5/X5R? Even if there was some middle system it wouldn't be enough better than the X3 or offer the lens options of the X5/X5R.

So, not gonna happen...

Brian

"What would I recommend"

The X5 at half the price it is, because the comparisons show its only slightly better than the "pretty decent X3"

Regards.

"What would I recommend"

The X5 at half the price it is, because the comparisons show its only slightly better than the "pretty decent X3"

Regards.
If it was cheaper then everyone would have one. The X5 is a real camera and you really need to be a camera operator to get the best from it. Its not a camera for the inexperienced. It doesn't do point and shoot stuff and takes some training to use. I use the drone to film my tv commercials so the camera is the reason I have the Inspire. If you are not a videographer I can imagine the X5 is the wrong model to buy.

so you want the lights changed ..? just for you?
yes and no. in general it would much better because red does not blend into environtment because it not a naturall color like green or blue. everything on things (cars, byciles etc ) on the back have red lights. the inspire GREEN. why???? i see the AC mostly from the back and do not see the green in sunlight good because it just plain ****. on all other coprer i have made and seen you have RED on the back and anything else where ever you want.
so yes i want red backlight for the I1. anyone that has made costum builds at least most of them will say the same. i was lucky enough to be tought by one of the best pilots in germany for drones. he has been a real life heli pilot and knows a lot about them participating in the mikrokopter project when it was in it's early days. he then started to build drones and does it with absolute perfection. also a very good and challanging teacher. he helped me to build my first hexa and octo with which i started to learn how to fly. first step was about 20+ hours on the simulator and then i had to get some dypers for the octo monster. it was a thrilling and adrenalin shooting experience to fully fly and hold position, alt, fly around and land or take off. even in a bit more challenging weather. i managed to learn so much, fast and good to get his amen that with more practice i'll get better by the day but i am /should be ready for taking orders. i did and do work fortunatly without any incidents also because i am cautious and prepare myself at all times and do not take uncalculated risks.

sorry got caroes away :)

answer to your question: i would prefde to swap light for all I1 and drones in general and make red back light standard. not only for me. it is safer IMHO.

yes and no. in general it would much better because red does not blend into environtment because it not a naturall color like green or blue. everything on things (cars, byciles etc ) on the back have red lights. the inspire GREEN. why???? i see the AC mostly from the back and do not see the green in sunlight good because it just plain ****. on all other coprer i have made and seen you have RED on the back and anything else where ever you want.
so yes i want red backlight for the I1. anyone that has made costum builds at least most of them will say the same. i was lucky enough to be tought by one of the best pilots in germany for drones. he has been a real life heli pilot and knows a lot about them participating in the mikrokopter project when it was in it's early days. he then started to build drones and does it with absolute perfection. also a very good and challanging teacher. he helped me to build my first hexa and octo with which i started to learn how to fly. first step was about 20+ hours on the simulator and then i had to get some dypers for the octo monster. it was a thrilling and adrenalin shooting experience to fully fly and hold position, alt, fly around and land or take off. even in a bit more challenging weather. i managed to learn so much, fast and good to get his amen that with more practice i'll get better by the day but i am /should be ready for taking orders. i did and do work fortunatly without any incidents also because i am cautious and prepare myself at all times and do not take uncalculated risks.

sorry got caroes away :)

answer to your question: i would prefde to swap light for all I1 and drones in general and make red back light standard. not only for me. it is safer IMHO.

I like the red as it is so i can see which way it is facing. I use the drone for camera work for my business so the camera is my main concern. I dont simply shoot for fun as a lot do. The red to me stands out and I can see which way it is headed.

I like the red as it is so i can see which way it is facing. I use the drone for camera work for my business so the camera is my main concern. I dont simply shoot for fun as a lot do. The red to me stands out and I can see which way it is headed.

then i am thinking backwards. i see the back of the craft during work mostly so to me it would be logical to have the better spottable lights there.
then i will reanswer my answer: yes only for me and the ones that think like i do about this. when you see the good tail light in good knows how far away you also know where it is heading. no?

thank you for the explenation. actually did ask the service in germany as i had to send it in and they said that swaping them or "resoldering" would not result in what i would like to have because the lights are controlled by the FC. when warranty is over for my first AC i will give it a shot. until then it would have been nice to have DJI be able to do it and keep the warranty :)

It's not resoldering the esc as that won't work. It's swapping the connectors in the wiring harness plug to the lights. There are three because one wire grounds the light as one powers green and the other red. If you swap the wires in the plastic plug the esc doesn't know that when it powers the red prong on the board that the green wire is attached to it. There is no way for the esc to sense that. As the resistance values between colored led lamps is immeasurable. So by swapping the wires in the plug achieves your goal. I should add I tend to agree that although red can be seen a little easier we are all programmed from our first car ride that red lights are in the rear of any vehicle so mentally your expectation is for red to be the rear.

Reactions: Phatzo
"What would I recommend"

Regards.

Not going to happen -- they sell plenty of I1 Pro with X5 at the current price. A comparable camera, the Panasonic GH4, cost about $1300 USD without a gimbal. The M43 camera in the X5 is a specialty camera with a lower sales volume than the GH4 so recouping the R&D cost requires a higher cost per unit and again, there's the gimbal.

So, while it would be nice if it were cheaper I see zero chance that will happen anytime soon. It is possible, I suppose, that a year from now it might come down a bit in price as I think it's very likely there will be a second version with a new gimbal and it may well be more expensive.

If you currently have the X3 I think I might wait to see when a version 2 is available with improved gimbal and hopefully, adjustable camera mount so the camera can be moved back and forth a bit for balance -- as little as 5mm movement could make a huge difference in being able to easily balance the mount and make heavier lenses usable.

Brian

Reactions: Mike Walker
then i am thinking backwards. i see the back of the craft during work mostly so to me it would be logical to have the better spottable lights there.
then i will reanswer my answer: yes only for me and the ones that think like i do about this. when you see the good tail light in good knows how far away you also know where it is heading. no?

No... I dont need to see it going away from me. i know where I am aiming to go. The hard part is seeing it come back. I dont get your point at all.

If anything I think a rtf hex that's X series compatible as well as gimbal.

No change to I1 or P3 other than the 4K announcement already.

New Inspire Later in the year, larger craft to better cope with the X5

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk