Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI CrystalSky - Shipping soon Pre-Order now!!! Promotional Pricing

Hey guys I just now got done with my first day of testing in the sun. And I can say without a doubt the Crystal Sky High Bright Monitor 7.85" is at least 30% brighter than the 9.7 inch iPad Pro that I recently purchased. I made sure to turn off TrueColor night shift and auto brightness. Everything was set to manual high bright on both the IPad Pro and Crystal Sky. The Crystal Sky is the hands-down winner. Without a doubt both monitors did show thr same amount of reflectiveness from the sun. The big difference is the brightness level of the DJI of Crystal sky is absolutely hands-down much better than the iPad series I will get a video posted tonight of the difference while out in the hot sun. One thing I did notice is the Ipad seemed to lose intensity of brightness overtime while out in the hot sun I'm not sure if any of you guys have experienced that before. The Crystal sky seem to just as bright in after being outside for a few hours in the hot sun. I am so thrilled and excited about this product definitely adding this to my arsenal. I'll post some videos and pictures later tonight

I have noticed that if I have the remote controller set to charge the iPad it will get brighter and dimmer as the charge to the iPad changes.

Hey guys here is a video clip of the Crystal Sky working out in the Sun, I will do a side by side video tomorrow with the Ipad pro and Crystal Sky going head to head. Even though you don't see a head to head video today, I can tell you the Crystal Sky won hands down. You will see the Pic as a reference on this post and hopefully tomorrow I can get a good head to head video. Man I am amazed at the quality and brightness of this unit. Definately a great addition to all of our UAS equipment. The videos I made are too large so below is a link to the first one. I will upload them as fast as possible . Pic below is both units on high bright. The Crystal Sky is definitely brighter. For some reason the link below when saved the name gets all jumbled up. None the less it goes to one of my facebook pages. It is totally safe

Kinakailangan ang Pagtiyak sa Seguridad

GOPR0616.JPG

Final Thoughts on First Test!!! ( Link Below)

Next video will be an in depth review of the Crystal Sky Functions and it's abilities.
Again the link goes to my Facebook page but for some reason when I past it it is jumbling up the link letters. Any idea why this would happen?

Kinakailangan ang Pagtiyak sa Seguridad

Thanks Ralph!
Based on those two videos I won't waste the money.... Maybe the 2000 nit (?) will be better? The screen glare killed it... My iPad Pro 9.7 will have to work for now.... Hopefully you get the other model and that demo will be better.

I'm surprised with your assessment of only 30%. With my smallhd 702 bright monitor I use for my dslr rig, which is also rated at 1000 nits, the performance in bright sunlight is by far more visible than my iPad Pro. I hope the true brightness of crystal sky is really 1000nits.....

But for those watching the video, it is promising to see that the video shows that the monitor is almost as properly exposed as the background, maybe 1 stop darker....so it does prove to me how bright the monitor really is. Also don't forget other reaso to use crystal sky which is more important to me is its supposedly better ability to work in hot or cold environments. I hate it when my iPad shuts down because it gets too cold or too hot.

Percentages are subjective, I could say 30 percent you could say 70 . Its really just wording, I am not a fan of people over selling items, I call it like I see it! Yes the Crystal Sky is tremendously brighter than the ipad, I would hands down use the Crystal Sky all day over the Ipad. I for one am getting the Ultra Bright version because I want the best and brightest I can buy and for the cost difference it's a no brainer. Also the Ipad kept getting darker as it got hotter. The Crystal Sky stayed the same throug-out the 5 hour testing session. For me the Ultra Bright is the one to have.

Thanks Ralph!
Based on those two videos I won't waste the money.... Maybe the 2000 nit (?) will be better? The screen glare killed it... My iPad Pro 9.7 will have to work for now.... Hopefully you get the other model and that demo will be better.
It comes across worse on the camera than in the field. In reality the glare wasn't near as bad as the Ipad Pro. Also the Ipad kept getting darker as the screen got hotter through-out the day I definitely agree the 2000 nit is the way to go. Why not right? Especially for the price difference.

Grest question! They ship with the charger and one battery

They ship with two batteries. The smaller version ships with one.
505fc45748a535998159f75e4f90b912.png

I was just getting ready to post he same thing. You beat me too it lol. It has gone back and forth whether or not they would all have 1 or 2 batts. I just confirmed the same thing with my DJI Rep. Cvanhoose is correct 2 with the large Crystal Sky and 1 with the small version. We should really get 2 with all of them in my opinion.

Reactions: cvanhoose

Attachments

• IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Hi Ralph

Do you know by chance if the "Cendence - Mobile Device Holder" will fit the mount for the Crystalsky monitor so an iPad can be used for third party apps easily?

medium_5c040cc6-177e-49b1-957c-0b4144814570.jpg

Sorry I was not clear but I ordered a Crystalsky Ultra and 2 mounting brackets for Inspire 2 and P4P. I also ordered 2 of the tablet mounts so I could also use the iPad. I just can not find out if that tablet mount for the Cendence will work on the Crystalsky Brackets. I am guessing I can but just wondering if you knew.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Ralph

Do you know by chance if the "Cendence - Mobile Device Holder" will fit the mount for the Crystalsky monitor so an iPad can be used for third party apps easily?

View attachment 14204

I believe I had the same question, I am looking to be able to keep the CrystalSky bracket mount permanently on my controller and then use the mobile device holder on top of that if I want to use my iPad for litchi since 3rd party apps can't be used on the crystal. I went to the cine gear show last weekend and Brian in the DJI booth confirmed that it works. Mike at @Advexure also said yes last week. I'm not 100% sure if this is the question you have but I believe we may have the same intention

Reactions: Tom Dillon
@FlyHighUSA That is incorrect, the Cendence already has the CrystalSky bracket installed on it standard. There would not be any other bracket needed. Cendence was on display at cine gear DJI booth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu