Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI External Battery Extender & Battery (2PIN) to DC

Reaction score
Finally received my DJI External Battery Extender & Battery (2PIN) to DC. I'm excited to have "extended power" especially for longer time-lapse and lengthy Corporate events that we cover. As an Inspire owner I'm also excited to "dual use" our investment in batteries (11-TB48s and 1 -TB47). Only thing I've found lacking was the "Battery (2PIN) to DC" connection to the Inspire battery. It's way too easy to disconnect and Inspire batteries by themselves aren't particularly easy to carry and hold on to. We developed a belt-clip that utilizes the Inspire "squeeze to release" connection and engineered the "Battery (2PIN) to DC" connector internally to insure it doesn't mistakenly get disconnected while shooting. Going to be putting it to use the next couple days as we record a lengthy time-lapse "Sign Installation" video on a 500+ foot building downtown Denver.

Osmo%20Belt%20Clip%208.JPG

Osmo%20Belt%20Clip%202.JPG

Osmo%20Belt%20Clip%203.JPG

Osmo%20Belt%20Clip%204.JPG

Osmo%20Belt%20Clip%205.JPG

Osmo%20Belt%20Clip%206.JPG

Osmo%20Belt%20Clip%207.JPG

Osmo%20Belt%20Clip%201.JPG

Check out complete, I used to live in Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Parker and Steamboat Springs, before Centennial existed. I did work at Centennial Airport!
Thank you as well SanCap. Denver/Colorado has changed a lot in the last 10/20/30 years. Traffic everywhere (around town and to and from the Mountains) reminds me of California these days. I need to come see Florida. ;-)

Reactions: SanCap
Just ordered mine, Thanks for the American Ingenuity.
So now any chance you could design a 4 battery carriers with integrated battery operated cooling fan and padded shoulder strap?:)
Hey Ive gotta try right?

Reactions: davidbarwin
Great idea, how do I order?

BTW, there's another item you might want to add to your inventory. The "battery extender" EXTENSION CABLE (25')!

DJI's batter extender is NOT long enough for delivering power to an OSMO up in the air. The lofting of OSMOs may become very popular, as this is a safe way to get remote head shots, panos and VIDEO PANOS.

I have already invested in the "mast" stand. For aerial shots it is NOT always possible to put a 'copter in the air. Hence, lofting an OSMO on a tall "mast stand" type tripod is a fantastic solution. I am using one that attains 27.5 feet of height and is made of carbon fiber. It needs to be stabilized, and this is an option with the unit I purchased but the shorter Manfrotto system comes with it. However, once in the air, for LONG shots one cannot be taking it down again to change batteries -- not easily. Enter the OSMO "Battery Extender." However, it is missing something: Battery Extender EXTENSION CABLE!

It is hard to find the weird barrel adaptor they use (very small center pin, large barrel), and so a ncie long cable mated Male>Female would be a great item to offer anyone who wants to extend the height possibilities of an OSMO on a stand...which is probably almost EVER user, eventually!

Let me know when you have one available! It needs to be sturdy and a solid connection as these things will be used outdoors primarily (and don't forget electrolysis problems with different metals...near the ocean).

One QUESTION for the OSMO extended power crowd. The Phantom 4 battery extender does NOT have enough power to run the OSMO with the X5 camera and arm. Don't know whether you can run an X5 with a DJI battery extender using a DJI Inspire battery, however. Anyone tried this?

Got it, thanks. Found in on EBay.

How about the "battery extender" EXTENSION CABLE? This is going to require connectors, not merely 3D printing. However, it is NOT being offered by DJI. The only option is making them ourselves. If I cannot find these specific connectors, I'd have to scrap 2 DJI units to get them. VERY expensive solution.

If anyone has the PRECISE name (one the electrical industry uses for these) it would be helpful.

Reactions: davidbarwin
Got it, thanks. Found in on EBay.[/FONT]

How about the "battery extender" EXTENSION CABLE? This is going to require connectors, not merely 3D printing. However, it is NOT being offered by DJI. The only option is making them ourselves. If I cannot find these specific connectors, I'd have to scrap 2 DJI units to get them. VERY expensive solution.

If anyone has the PRECISE name (one the electrical industry uses for these) it would be helpful.
The "Extension Cable" is note worthy. Canabalize the $5 "Osmo - Battery (2 PIN) to DC Power Cable" and build the length in between its ends? Probably the easiest and cheapest way to do it...... Kind Regards, - David Barwin

Reactions: gregdd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc