Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go 2.5 Updated

YES !!!! - numbers 3 and 4 are all my doing - you know how much I just love the whole social media 'share your flights on PooTube rubbish' :p

I am going to push DJI to make sure the next version of the Go app drops all flight telemetry data and just concentrates on social media links and realtime twitter feeds with selfies (Dronies) having a dedicated button right in the middle of the screen.
AGREE!
I don't want all this bloatware for OSMO, P3, X5, X5R, IV2, Sound files, Video Editing, Live Streaming, Social Media. GeoFencing!

Has anyone heard of plug-ins?

I just want to fly my Inspire B with prop locks.

I seem to spend all my time testing that the latest updates to iOS, Android, AC firmware(FW), Batt FW, Mystery temperature propulsion downgrade, 4-way charger FW and GPS-MAPs all work safely, together.

This constant DJI tweaking is draining my resources to assure a safe flight manual.

I'm confused. What's so bad about geofencing? I get the part about not being able to fly at all in a no fly zone because of firmware mismatch.

Are guys saying you're fine with, and should have the right to, fly in a no fly zone without clearance, or approval?

Supposedly, even if you had permission, there is no possible way to fly since the app release is ahead of the coinciding ac firmware.

As an iOS developer I know firsthand that Apple is sometimes unpredictable when releasing updates. I can see how this is could have happened.

Just to let you all know the geofencing is actually working flawless for me. Go to their website and authorize your account. When you approach a geofence zone it pops up on your screen saying so and when you agree to the terms it allows you to fly for 24 hours before you get another warning

If your account is not authorized it will state it's a no fly zone and not let you fly at all.

I've tested this in many zones yesterday and today with no issues at all.

If your going to fly where there is no internet you can open a geofenced zone for 3 days through the website

I'm also using only firmware 1.5 on my drone. Not 1.6 without issues

Just to let you all know the geofencing is actually working flawless for me. Go to their website and authorize your account. When you approach a geofence zone it pops up on your screen saying so and when you agree to the terms it allows you to fly for 24 hours before you get another warning

If your account is not authorized it will state it's a no fly zone and not let you fly at all.

I've tested this in many zones yesterday and today with no issues at all.

If your going to fly where there is no internet you can open a geofenced zone for 3 days through the website

I'm also using only firmware 1.5 on my drone. Not 1.6 without issues

Go to which web site to authorize? I have not run into geofencing yet but want to figure it out before I do.

Thanks.

The site to unlock zones is
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

You can register by entering your cell phone number or by using a credit card, once your authorized you can unlock zones.

It keeps track of the time and day you unlock each zone so if something happens they know who was there and when. Basically a way of tracking us.

I haven't had any issues with it so far.

That's awesome that it works well. I think this geofencing is a GREAT way to handle this situation. This makes for accountability and makes it so that if you fly in a no fly zone, you can be tracked down if you are doing something you're not supposed to be doing. If you have authorization to fly near an airport (which you can get pretty easily by simply calling the control tower and give them your exemption number), you can fly worry free in the 'no fly' zone. However, if you fly in the no fly zone without authorization, you can be tracked down by tracing your account (that you need to unlock the no fly zone). And if you don't unlock the zone, you can't fly. Pretty simple. The only people that would want to fly in a no fly zone and worry about being identified are those people that I don't WANT flying period.

To me, this is the perfect way to handle it. It doesn't absolutely restrict you from flying in the no fly zones, it discourages people from flying in those zones that either don't know what they're doing, or could potentially be a hazard (intentional or not).

If this kind of thing is not implemented more, then the gov't will just shut down drones all together and I don't think that's what anyone wants.

I know people don't like Gov't intrusion and control over everything, but this is the equivalent of letting any one drive without a license. There is a bigger picture here. If everyone was responsible and cooperated and followed common sense logic, maybe there would be no need...

Opps, I mean drop box error 404 to get the Go app 2.4.3.

That one will not work unless you know the login and password when it was installed. I ended up restoring my phone from a previous back up, and then saved it to a backup drive in-case something else happened, but it sounds like it is working fine with 2.5 :)

Oh, I did read if you do a backup, to do it to your computer and not the cloud as the cloud will only makes a link to the new version whatever it may be in the app store. At least that is the way I understood it.

Reactions: Cliepilot
Oh, I did read if you do a backup, to do it to your computer and not the cloud as the cloud will only makes a link to the new version whatever it may be in the app store. At least that is the way I understood it.

Mine restored from the cloud and it was the older version. I just recently took a backup to my computer.

You can back up to Pc or Icloud, but you have to disable the app auto update other wise as soon you get to your wifi it will update to 2.5.1 to icloud,on pc, you have to plug the device, just borrow my wife Iphone and installed 2.5 will test the geo before i do it on my ipad, have a spare device for testing new app is the way to go!
Happy Flying

Ok, so let me try and make this as simple as possible for everyone. I'll show you a way to download ANY version of DJI go that you want. Its a bit complicated but will allow you to choose which version you want to install.

You need a PC or Mac with ITunes installed.

This only works for IOS Devices...

Step 1: Download, install, and launch Charles. Click Grant Privileges and enter your administrator password. (Charles is a proxy program that allows you to monitor the traffic between ITunes and apple servers)

Step 2: Download DJIGo from iTunes, and watch the download activity in the Structure section inside Charles. You should see a “buy” server.

Step 3: Right-click on the “buy” server and click Enable SSL Proxying

Step 4: Stop the iTunes download.

Step 5: Search DJIGo again in iTunes to bring up the details page, and download the app again. Cancel the download again

Step 6: Click the disclosure triangle by the “buy” server and click buyProduct.

Step 7: Click the Response tab, right click on buyProduct and click Export. Select the Desktop as the Export location, select XML for format, and click Save.

Step 8: Open the XML file using a text editor, and scroll down to locate the following line:

<key>softwareVersionExternalIdentifiers</key>

Under that line you should see a list of numbers similar to this:

<integer>814445173</integer>
<integer>814493632</integer>
<integer>814584509</integer>
<integer>814566170</integer>
<integer>814760906</integer>
<integer>815084483</integer>
<integer>815086904</integer>
<integer>815112170</integer>
<integer>815288287</integer>
<integer>815611197</integer>
<integer>815615585</integer>
<integer>815764145</integer>
<integer>815878759</integer>
<integer>815949783</integer>
<integer>815876501</integer>

These are all of the versions of the app, starting from oldest to newest.

Copy the version number that you wish to download. You’ll have to do some guess and checking if you’re looking for an exact hit on a specific version. Close the text editor.

Step 9: Back in Charles, right-click on buyProduct and select Edit.

Step 10: Click Text and find the following line near the top of the page:

<key>appExtVrsId<key>

Underneath that text, you’ll see a numerical value inside <string> tags. Paste the value you copied in step 8 to replace the value that’s displayed. Once you do that, click the Execute button at the bottom of the screen.

Step 11: Scroll down under the Response tab and you should see the bundleShortVersionString. Underneath that, you’ll see the actual numerical version of the app that you keyed in on. You can repeat this process until you hone in on the specific version that you’re after.

Step 12: Right-click on the last buyProduct in the list under the “buy” server, and click Breakpoints.

Step 13: In iTunes, search for the DJIGo app again to refresh the page, and click the Download button to initiate the download again.

Step 14: Back in Charles, you may see the Charles splash screen appear briefly. Click Edit Request → XML Text, and paste the version ID that we copied in step 8 under the <key>appExtVrsId<key>. Click Execute again.

Step 15: You’ll see another breakpoint, just click Execute again.

Step 16: Check iTunes, and the download should commence and complete.

Step 17: Click the My Apps tab, and you’ll see your downloaded app. It should be the older version of the app. You can right-click and select Get Info to verify the older version number.

Step 18: Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC, and drag the app icon for the older version of the app to your iPhone. You’ll need to make sure that any newer versions are uninstalled from your iPhone or Ipad before you can install the older version.

Step 19: Close and uninstall Charles once complete.

Make sure to disable auto updates so the newest version won't automatically download after your done.

I've been looking around within the DJI "Unlock GEO Authorization Zone" and am quite puzzled by it. There are several areas in California I plan to work in within the next month and there's an enormous block of space tied to Edwards Airforce Base under the "R-2508" complex -- much of it in decidedly civilian areas.

One place I want to go is the Tehachapi Loop NNW of the TEHACHAPI MUNI airport and beyond the limits of the airport, but overlapping the area of the loop is the MOA ISABELLA, CA and it appears to be tied to the Edwards AF zone. It's like almost all of central California, from Barstow to Big Pine are overlapping authorization zones and the vast majority of this area, I mean like 95%, is civilian areas.

Brian

Ok, so let me try and make this as simple as possible for everyone. I'll show you a way to download ANY version of DJI go that you want. Its a bit complicated but will allow you to choose which version you want to install.

You need a PC or Mac with ITunes installed.

This only works for IOS Devices...

Step 1: Download, install, and launch Charles. Click Grant Privileges and enter your administrator password. (Charles is a proxy program that allows you to monitor the traffic between ITunes and apple servers)

Worked like a champ! I purchased a new iPad mini4 and this allowed me to install 2.4.3 :D

<integer>815288287</integer>2.4.3
<integer>815611197</integer>2.5.0
<integer>815615585</integer>2.5.0
<integer>815764145</integer>2.5.0
<integer>815878759</integer>2.5.1

Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 9.54.37 AM.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members