Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Goggles - Immersive FPV Aerial Video Goggles

I really wish the I2 had OcuSync so I wouldn't have to have the HDMI and USB cord running from my head to the RC. Maybe in the Inspire 3 or I2 Pro?? :D

Reactions: Advexure
HDMI is not for camera control, HDMI will only be for video out. For camera control you will need the Micro USB as well.

From what I saw at NAB with demos and through a couple minutes of hands on experience with the DJI Goggle this far that is correct. One thing for certain is that camera control cannot be done through HDMI.
I'm assuming normal camera control from the radio.

I really wish the I2 had OcuSync so I wouldn't have to have the HDMI and USB cord running from my head to the RC. Maybe in the Inspire 3 or I2 Pro?? :D

Yes, OcuSync on the I2 sure would be nice...they had to leave something for the next one.

I'm assuming normal camera control from the radio.

Yes, normal camera operation from the RC. If you have any further questions on the Goggles let us know as we've now had many hands on hours with the Goggles and can hopefully provide insight on anything else.

Yes, OcuSync on the I2 sure would be nice...they had to leave something for the next one.

Yes, normal camera operation from the RC. If you have any further questions on the Goggles let us know as we've now had many hands on hours with the Goggles and can hopefully provide insight on anything else.

I'm sending my back - they aren't fully baked. DJI had to update their documentation regarding DJI Goggles and Inspire 2 comparability:

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.04, page 11 text:
"For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is also supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the
remote controller via USB."

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.05, page 11 footnote:
"For the Inspire 2, if the Goggles are connected with the remote controller via the USB cable, only live view and somatic control of the focus is supported."

Sadly, I bought DJI Goggles after reading 2017.04.
sad.gif
And never mind complete oversight on a focusing mechanism for those who need readers. *sigh*

Will

I'm sending my back - they aren't fully baked. DJI had to update their documentation regarding DJI Goggles and Inspire 2 comparability:

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.04, page 11 text:
"For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is also supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the
remote controller via USB."

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.05, page 11 footnote:
"For the Inspire 2, if the Goggles are connected with the remote controller via the USB cable, only live view and somatic control of the focus is supported."

Sadly, I bought DJI Goggles after reading 2017.04.
sad.gif
And never mind complete oversight on a focusing mechanism for those who need readers. *sigh*

Will

Shucks, sorry to hear that, @WillT. If we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to reach out.

We've solely been using them lately on the I2 with HDMI for extra viewers. Love them with the Mavic and Spark. DJI's oversight for I2 compatibility is frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla