Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Goggles - Immersive FPV Aerial Video Goggles

Reaction score
Website
www.advexure.com
Good morning from NAB here in Las Vegas!

After an awesome event last night at the Wynn with exciting new releases from DJI including the Ronin 2, CrystalSky Monitors, Cendence Remote Controller, and Tracktenna -- this morning we are happy to announce the release of DJI's first FPV glasses/goggles, the DJI Goggles.

51a17622-e325-49c6-a29d-a6e53cef33e2.jpg

DJI Goggles are comfortable goggles designed for seamless FPV flying with DJI products. They combine a pair of large ultra-high quality screens, long-range, low lag wireless connectivity, and direct control of photo and video capture.

Low Lag Transmission
DJI Goggles are able to offer both 720p/60fps and close range 1080p/30fps with an extremely low latency of just 110ms.

High Quality Optics
Each screen packs its pixels together tightly so you see a clean, cohesive image with no latticing.

Head Tracking
Your head movements control both the aircraft yaw and camera tilt in Head Tracking Flight mode as with the remote controller sticks. (Only available with compatible DJI aircraft)

Touchpad & Remote Controller

Access to key intelligent features through a touchpad integrated into the DJI Goggles.

Compatibility: DJI Goggles supports Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series and Inspire series. Some functions will be adapted for different DJI Products.

Availability: Late May (Current estimate for new orders is late June) - Updated 6/11/17

Price: $449

Last edited:
DJI Goggles Specs

Weight

Goggles: 495 g
Headband: 500 g

Dimensions
Goggles: 195×155×110 mm
Headband(Folded): 255×205×92 mm

FOV
85° (single screen)

Screen Size
5 inch×2

Interpupillary Distance Range
58 – 70 mm

Refresh rate
60 Hz

Screen Resolution
3840×1080 (single screen: 1920×1080)

Operating Frequency
2.4 GHz

Max.Transmission Distance
Same as the aircraft connected

Video Downlink Resolution
1080p 30, 720p 60, 720p 30

Video Downlink Latency at least
(Near field and free of interference)

110 ms (Mavic Pro, 720p60, video format: 720p120) 150 ms (Phantom 4 series, 720p60, video format: 720p60/720p120)
140 ms (Inspire 2+X5S, 720p60, video format: 1080p120)
190 ms (Inspire 2+X4S, 720p60, video format: 1080p60)

Battery Capacity
9440 mAh

Battery Energy
35.44 Wh

Max Operating Time
6 hrs

Operating Temperature Range
32°F (0°C) - 104°F (40°C)

I/O Interface
Micro USB, 3.5mm audio jack,
HDMI type-D, Micro SD card slot

HDMI Supported
HDMI 1.4b, HDCP 1.4

Sensors
Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor

Charger
Input: 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz. 0.5A
Output: 5V,3A ; 9V,2A;12V,1.5A

Reactions: Phatzo
I'm very skeptical of the release date in May. Given Apple store just got the Mavic in March 2017 after having posted it online since last Sept. 2016 with ongoing date changes, I'd say this will hit major stores around December once out of the alpha online orders.

CrystalSky was promised when? Been a while for it too. Marketing is too far ahead of actual delivery times.

I'm very skeptical of the release date in May. Given Apple store just got the Mavic in March 2017 after having posted it online since last Sept. 2016 with ongoing date changes, I'd say this will hit major stores around December once out of the alpha online orders.

CrystalSky was promised when? Been a while for it too. Marketing is too far ahead of actual delivery times.

Apple Stores have been carrying Mavics in very limited quantities since the release in September. Whether the Apple Store had supply of a DJI product or not does not have any insight on product availability to other channels. DJI did not anticipate the extraordinary demand for the Mavic by any means. We can only hope they've learned from their mistakes with the Mavic launch.

CrystalSky was announced November 15th with the launch of the I2 and has been "coming soon" since that time. Yes, it is quite easy to say that DJI's marketing is ahead of their product delivery but I think we can all give them props for their tremendous innovation. :cool:

Reactions: TheHobbit
Really??

Read his post this time, look at "comparability" (in bold tx) ;)
Compatibility: DJI Goggles supports Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series and Inspire series. Some functions will be adapted for different DJI Products.

However, no mention of I1 here:

110 ms (Mavic Pro, 720p60, video format: 720p120) 150 ms (Phantom 4 series, 720p60, video format: 720p60/720p120)

Reactions: Dbrane

i might be wrong but Inspire series means ALL Inspire models meaning: I1,2, pro, I1 v2, I1 Black... :)

Best to let the smoke settle and let reality set in. The dimensions are a joke . But does have some impressive specs....I'll just use my Fatsharks for now .... Thanks and safe flying !

Reactions: lake_flyer
i might be wrong but Inspire series means ALL Inspire models meaning: I1,2, pro, I1 v2, I1 Black... :)
Exactly what I thought. But DJI as always is vague and contradicts itself in the same short article.
Not that I'm interested much. I don't need one. I have 2 goggles already from Fatshark and Olympus working fine but seldom used. For people with too much money to burn, gadgets like this can be just the signal to upgrade to an I2.

I wonder the same about the new remote, time will tell.

Reactions: Xanth
Good morning from NAB here in Las Vegas!

After an awesome event last night at the Wynn with exciting new releases from DJI including the Ronin 2, CrystalSky Monitors, Cendence Remote Controller, and Tracktenna -- this morning we are happy to announce the release of DJI's first FPV glasses/goggles, the DJI Goggles.

View attachment 13331

DJI Goggles are comfortable goggles designed for seamless FPV flying with DJI products. They combine a pair of large ultra-high quality screens, long-range, low lag wireless connectivity, and direct control of photo and video capture.

Low Lag Transmission
DJI Goggles are able to offer both 720p/60fps and close range 1080p/30fps with an extremely low latency of just 110ms.

High Quality Optics
Each screen packs its pixels together tightly so you see a clean, cohesive image with no latticing.

Head Tracking
Your head movements control both the aircraft yaw and camera tilt in Head Tracking Flight mode as with the remote controller sticks.

Touchpad & Remote Controller

Access to key intelligent features through a touchpad integrated into the DJI Goggles.

Availability: Late May (All May pre-orders are now sold out, new pre-orders are estimated for fulfillment in June) - Updated 4/25/17 10am PST

Price: $449
Since the i1 and i2 do not support ocusync, you would need two cables, a hdmi and micro USB correct?

Last edited:
That is correct, for your video feed you would need the HDMI and for head tracking you would also need to have a Micro USB plugged in.
Great ... so I just need HDMI in for video and camera control. Don't really care about head tracking . Thanks !

Great ... so I just need HDMI in for video and camera control. Don't really care about head tracking . Thanks !
I think what this means is Camera control, including gimbal head tracking, requires the mini USB cable. Video feed would be through the HDMI cable.

HDMI is not for camera control, HDMI will only be for video out. For camera control you will need the Micro USB as well.

I think what this means is Camera control, including gimbal head tracking, requires the mini USB cable. Video feed would be through the HDMI cable.

From what I saw at NAB with demos and through a couple minutes of hands on experience with the DJI Goggle this far that is correct. One thing for certain is that camera control cannot be done through HDMI.

Reactions: mpaerial

and no head tracking with the inspire 1?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo