Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
No comment really apart from it looks good, but as someone whose paid money to do this commercially, I find it worrying that the rest of the world is just going ahead now and shooting their own footage/photos with ever easy to use drones while breaking all the rules and I'm the stupid mug worrying about doing things by the book when no one else cares, or is punished.

I was led to believe if you use drone content to promote yourself its classed as commercial.

As someone whose tried to do things the right way, I'm starting to feel like an endangered species, not just because the tech is easier to use, but simply because go pro and dji are making it really socially acceptable to do this.

So instead of being paid to get property aerials, its going to be really tempting for estate agents to just get them themselves, while I don't blame them, I'm starting to feel let down by the CAA who were pretty heavy handed in making threats about you not jumping through their many costly and expensive hoops, only to see, everyone else is breaking the rules on a constant basis and I'm starting to feel like an idiot trying to follow the rules in a world where hardly anyone else is.

Anyone else shares my concerns on this?
I feel the same way. I feel cheated that it cost 10k to get licensed and now everyone will have their own drone. No one cares about the rules. I personally had to cancel the order of a new M600 for the same reason. I think Im better off hiring someone else to fly their own drone illegally and get the shots I need for my work. I only use the drone as a camera on a high tripod so the flying part is not important to me. I only fly to take video for tv commercials.

Not really. If the clients budget only allows for go pro footage then I don't want to be involved in the project. Just like when clients want DSLR prices with RED quality I just laugh and tell them good luck. Then a few months later I sit back and laugh at the end product.
You must do a lot of high end shooting then. My clients are happy with DSLR footage and I have commercials on tv in the UK and the USA. I understand what you are saying but clients won't pay the money and there are millions of people that will shoot real estate after this and no rules to worry about. The truth is the video shows how easy it is to fly one of these things which as you well know is not true. They will be crashing all around us.

Great - so they give the skateboarding hoodies 4.3 mile (7km) range on the Mavic and they are just the type who will instantly try and fly BVLOS and see how far they can go. :rolleyes:
There have been countless videos here of people doing the same thing and been encouraged to do so. Whats changed? When we complain rules are not being followed I get cut down and deleted.

I can see where you are coming from with this however my opinion is that most people are aware that a drone operator needs a "drone license" as they seem to refer to it as and i have been asked this many times. An estate agent would be a fool to use someone who wasn't insured
In this country, most real estate companies use unlicensed people. They dont know they need a licensed operator. They also don't care about insurance. After whats happening i regret spending the 10k to get my license. I will be better off with an unlicensed operator doing my work and he can use his own drone. If you cant beat them, join them as they say.

In this country, most real estate companies use unlicensed people. They dont know they need a licensed operator. They also don't care about insurance. After whats happening i regret spending the 10k to get my license. I will be better off with an unlicensed operator doing my work and he can use his own drone. If you cant beat them, join them as they say.
10k? Is that just for your license or are you including your equipment in that too? Maybe we have been lucky here in the UK in that 90% are aware that there is regulation of some kind

1. The 7km might be a hoax. Will it really work that long ? And will it return back safely after flying to 7km ?
It will easily lose the connection.

2. Has it got 360 degree anti collision control ?

3. Has it got sensors in the back ? I dont see that.

4. As per their video, the Magic is flying like a rocket cutting through the trees. Is it real ? I mean, is it automatically excluding those trees and evreything and flying smooth and so fast on its own without any controller ?

5. No price given for the Goggles yet.

10k? Is that just for your license or are you including your equipment in that too? Maybe we have been lucky here in the UK in that 90% are aware that there is regulation of some kind
Here we have to sit for private pilot exam and thats a course that costs $4400. The UOC rating is $6,000. Then you buy the drone. Those are australian dollars though.

Can we keep this thread on topic please?

It is about the Mavic release and it's specs/functions - not about how people have to pay to get certification in their respective countries (which we all do).

Reactions: Kilrah
Of course. I didn't start it but you can come down on me anyway. not a worry. I won't say anything.
Why do you think it's directed at you?
Others have posted OT as well.
Dennis - you have posted 5 posts above, all nothing to do with the Mavic so yes, you are probably the most prolific!

I simply asked that this thread stays on topic and not go off at a tangent - is that too much to ask?

No comment really apart from it looks good, but as someone whose paid money to do this commercially, I find it worrying that the rest of the world is just going ahead now and shooting their own footage/photos with ever easy to use drones while breaking all the rules and I'm the stupid mug worrying about doing things by the book when no one else cares, or is punished.

I was led to believe if you use drone content to promote yourself its classed as commercial.

As someone whose tried to do things the right way, I'm starting to feel like an endangered species, not just because the tech is easier to use, but simply because go pro and dji are making it really socially acceptable to do this.

So instead of being paid to get property aerials, its going to be really tempting for estate agents to just get them themselves, while I don't blame them, I'm starting to feel let down by the CAA who were pretty heavy handed in making threats about you not jumping through their many costly and expensive hoops, only to see, everyone else is breaking the rules on a constant basis and I'm starting to feel like an idiot trying to follow the rules in a world where hardly anyone else is.

Anyone else shares my concerns on this?
I think its a tool, and Ive just ordered one to go with the Inspire Pro kit. It's a chicken/egg situation. You need them main stream to create demand, spread more awareness, that then creates the issues, that in turn wakes the authorities into action. It needs chaos.

Unfortunately we as commercial flyers see the risks before the enforcers think there's a problem. Similar to the Ford Pinto problem. Ford knew there was a safety issue, but didn't take action or recall the cars because of cost, company image and at that point, no one had died. At the end of our street, there's a blind bend where many people have been forced off their bikes by on coming cars, because no-one has yet been seriously injured, nothings reported, so the council do not believe there's an issue. The problem is real, unfortunatly, someone has to suffer to make it reality.
Keep the faith, you are ahead of the game. It doesn't feel like it sometimes, but, when the chips are down, quality and proffesionalism always wins.

I think its a tool, and Ive just ordered one to go with the Inspire Pro kit. It's a chicken/egg situation. You need them main stream to create demand, spread more awareness, that then creates the issues, that in turn wakes the authorities into action. It needs chaos.

Unfortunately we as commercial flyers see the risks before the enforcers think there's a problem. Similar to the Ford Pinto problem. Ford knew there was a safety issue, but didn't take action or recall the cars because of cost, company image and at that point, no one had died. At the end of our street, there's a blind bend where many people have been forced off their bikes by on coming cars, because no-one has yet been seriously injured, nothings reported, so the council do not believe there's an issue. The problem is real, unfortunatly, someone has to suffer to make it reality.
Keep the faith, you are ahead of the game. It doesn't feel like it sometimes, but, when the chips are down, quality and proffesionalism always wins.
I refer to my post number 33 above. Can we keep this about the Mavic please? (Oh, and don't start me off on people who can't stay on their side of the road going round corners!! :p)

I refer to my post number 33 above. Can we keep this about the Mavic please? (Oh, and don't start me off on people who can't stay on their side of the road going round corners!! :p)
Im not going to tell you what I had for tea last night then.........

Reactions: The Editor
For me, this Mavick looks a very nice go anywhere companion to have alongside the Inspire1.
I won't use the selfie modes much though, nobody is interested in a silly old dude, not even me. Especially not me.

Knowing myself I guess I'll end up wanting one.

Reactions: Ikopta
The annoying runt has one.

Its hovering stability is impressive - skip to 3:33 for an overview and to 5:34 for what you want to see!....

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
Here's another little video of it in action in the real world....

I may just have to dust off the credit card!...... :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorganDimo