Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Ken has uploaded the original of the first clip of that on Dropbox and posted the link on RCG, looks awesome.
I know - Its never going to be a RED or a Sony F55 (which it seems some people expect :rolleyes:) but for the form factor and portability of the **** thing, which is the trade off, it is amazing! (And I'm the first in the queue to criticise DJI's imaging 'expertise' :cool:)
We have just got to hope now that they do not destroy either its flying dynamics or its camera characteristics with one of their god awful firmware 'upgrades' :mad:.
I think I shall buy, fly, and not update!

That Autumn video does look good, and every piece of footage im seeing, compression seems to be better controlled? On the phantom, especially with detailed scenes above trees for example, the compression was really bad. I dont know if thats because of the wider focal length pulling more into the scene or not causing more compression, but the Mavic footage just seems better, also until someone actually films a horizon over water, I also get the feeling this is better too and not so heavily warped as the x3 and phantom are. Well hopefully not too long to wait now so I can try out this RED eater for myself :D

Reactions: The Editor
That Autumn video does look good, and every piece of footage im seeing, compression seems to be better controlled? On the phantom, especially with detailed scenes above trees for example, the compression was really bad. I dont know if thats because of the wider focal length pulling more into the scene or not causing more compression, but the Mavic footage just seems better, also until someone actually films a horizon over water, I also get the feeling this is better too and not so heavily warped as the x3 and phantom are. Well hopefully not too long to wait now so I can try out this RED eater for myself :D
I had a long chat with "somebody" today and it would not be fair of me to divulge who - anyway, unfortunately it may look like there will be a number of disappointed pre-orderers in the first tranche as 'allegedly' DJI are just not sending the numbers to dealers that were hoped for.
This means allocation will be down pro-rata on every dealer.
I hope my information is wrong but I don't think it will be..........:(

I had a long chat with "somebody" today who I shouldn't really divulge - anyway, unfortunately it may look like there will be a number of disappointed pre-orderers in the first tranche as 'allegedly' DJI are just not sending the numbers to dealers that were hoped for.
This means allocation will be down pro-rata on every dealer.
I hope my information is wrong but I don't think it will be..........:(

It wouldn't surprise me too be honest. Almost expected that there will be a delay of some sort. Oh well, at least its something to look forward too anyway.

I really like Iphonedo and aside from some questionable low altitude things the in depth info was most helpful. This guy is amazingly talented in an artistic way -- couple links to videos he's done...

The guys does all his own music to...

Brian
Can we keep this one strictly on topic please?

Mavic info only.......

Thanks.

Here are direct links for those looking for raw analysis of the mavics videos and photos & it has P4 comparison too.
http://tinyurl.com/jckn79y (jpg+dng)
Dropbox - DJI_0007.MP4
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjh8bb2m78yuzrj/DJI_0004.MP4?dl=1 (as as above but unedited?)

Will probably have to buy a mavic at some point though, it really strikes me as a neat little tool you can leave in the car and dig out and explore the area with, due to its tiny size, it makes respecting the rules a lot harder, because this is more like a toy than a drone.

In case you guys are interested in checking out the reports from mavic users as they begin shipping, check out our new MavicPilots.com forum at Mavic Drone Forum.

C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool