Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI XT Powered by Flir is here!!!

Ralph, if you want to rent one out for a weekend, let me know! :)

I'm very interested to try one out, and get some sample data/images that I can share with clients for potential jobs. Just a little hesitant to drop $6K. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Ralph, what does the version cost you got?
the 30Hz, 640 x I can´t remember and what lens did you take? - if you don´t mind to share.

I'm very interested to try one out, and get some sample data/images that I can share with clients for potential jobs. Just a little hesitant to drop $6K. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

dohh, and I do not live in the states.. I am on the wrong continent... impossible to do here... can´t even dream of asking my shop...

The Electric Company was also wondering what could the XT show about the heat coming from the generator of their small residential wind turbines. They said that they looked at them with their hand held thermal units from the ground but could not see any distinct thermal radiation from the generator... so of course we took a look and they were impressed what the XT revealed to them. We also spot metered them and they were operating at an acceptable temperature.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
Some have heard about the Isotherm capabilities of the DJI Zenmuse XT but most don't know what it does or what it can be used for. Isotherm allows a XT equipped Inspire1 or M100 pilot to specify a temperature range that the XT with apply pixel emphasis or "highlights" to bring awareness to specific areas of within the live image. In the example video below, the obvious usage is Search and Rescue. This can also be applied to thresholds for an industrial purpose. For example, let's say that Electric Company XYZ had a sub-station in which transformers etc. needed to operate below 250 degrees at all times. The pilot could Isotherm on temperatures between 255 and 1000 degrees and then any component that fell within that temperature range would be highlighted on his screen -- all of this in real-time so that action can be taken immediately.

Again, this example is targeted toward SAR. I am hiding behind one of my shrubs in attempt to conceal most of my thermal signature. I use the RedHot palette in this example because RedHotiso happens to be one of my favorites for Isotherm.

OK, one for any Firefighters out there... We haven't had a structure fire since I've had my hands on this XT but we did have a controlled burn and the XT revealed some great capabilities. The ability to see the thermal signature of the fire and the look into the fire to see the fuels. The ability to spot meter directly into the source and then of course locating spot fires that are not seen from the ground. There will be lots more coming the XT in emergency services in the upcoming months.

Some have heard about the Isotherm capabilities of the DJI Zenmuse XT but most don't know what it does or what it can be used for. Isotherm allows a XT equipped Inspire1 or M100 pilot to specify a temperature range that the XT with apply pixel emphasis or "highlights" to bring awareness to specific areas of within the live image. In the example video below, the obvious usage is Search and Rescue. This can also be applied to thresholds for an industrial purpose. For example, let's say that Electric Company XYZ had a sub-station in which transformers etc. needed to operate below 250 degrees at all times. The pilot could Isotherm on temperatures between 255 and 1000 degrees and then any component that fell within that temperature range would be highlighted on his screen -- all of this in real-time so that action can be taken immediately.

Again, this example is targeted toward SAR. I am hiding behind one of my shrubs in attempt to conceal most of my thermal signature. I use the RedHot palette in this example because RedHotiso happens to be one of my favorites for Isotherm.

Amazing tech, I can't wait to get my hands on this .

I'll be happy to get with you and do some sample flights to share with your potential clients. I will post my review as soon as the XT arrives at our shop at FlyHighUSA. Give me a shout if I can help.

Why only the lowly 9hz for export out of USA? That just ruined it....?
This has nothing to do with DJI but is a law enforced by the United States of America. The information regarding this can be found on Flir's website. The only ones allowed to export are the 9Hz and there are certain countries that they are not allowed in as well. It is very strict and if violated the dealer that breaks the rule is subject to a million dollar fine and 20 years improsinment. All of the DJI dealers in the US have been trained on all of the requirements set forth.

Reactions: damoncooper
i am sure there is a way for non US to get a hold on the 30Hz if not on the "no you can not have it" list. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has nothing to do with DJI but is a law enforced by the United States of America. The information regarding this can be found on Flir's website. The only ones allowed to export are the 9Hz and there are certain countries that they are not allowed in as well. It is very strict and if violated the dealer that breaks the rule is subject to a million dollar fine and 20 years improsinment. All of the DJI dealers in the US have been trained on all of the requirements set forth.
Is that for real...? That makes no financial sense IMO?

please excuse my ignorance as I am new to IR. can you explain the radiometric measurements and what it is used for ?
I am potentially having orders coming up for IR stuff so I would like to get more into it but seems like a thick mist of information (for me at least) I see potential for the camera in many areas like everybody else but I am still in the learning curve. if you can point me to a forum or documentation where I can get some insight of the whole topic.
thanks
Martin

Without getting into too much detail there are basically two types of data you can collect, qualitative and quantitative. Radiometric capability allows you to select an image and analyse the difference in data from one pixel to the pixel next to it......theres a whole lot of stuff involved in addition like emissivity values etc but it gets more complex then but all makes sense once you get into thermography a lot more. Lots of books available on the subject and web matter, try and use more recent material as the technology is getting more capable all the time.

People who dont do thermography will need to learn a whole host of factors which influence an accurate thermal reading, even objects next to something you are looking at emit reflected radiation, the type of material you are looking at has a thermal value, emissivity values, the direction you are looking at an object from with regard to sunlight etc, even a breeze blowing across your target can change the true value, so there are a host of factors involved if you are doing a complex industrial project, but the topic is really fascinating when you get right in, and as stated above the many different palettes, and even the camera being able to use msx data formats means you have a whole host of analysis options in Flir tools software to report to your client.

For those worried about not being able to buy the640 res 30Hz camera in the UK, you CAN !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg