Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does Dynamic Home Point Work? sorry if this has been asked

Reaction score
Website
www.ctphotoart.com
So,my inspire crashed into my buddy(he's ok)....busted prop and some superficial damage. It crashed BC it returned to where I set RC location as home point . I thought this was supposed to change when I moved the RC to a new location. Am I wrong to assume this. This was one of the reasons I purchased the inspire. Thanks for your feedback.

Home point is set during takeoff. Just because you move the transmitter does not mean that the bird will come back to your new location. You need to explicitly update the bird with the new home point.

In the DJI Pilot app, you can use the Home Point Selector (icons on the left-hand side of your display, second from bottom if I remember correctly) to set the home point - although I can't recall at the moment whether you can do this in flight or whether the craft has to be stopped...someone else may be able to clarify off the top of their head. Otherwise, I can try to test it this afternoon.

Thanks for the reply. I changed it manually during flight last night and it updated to the new position. I guess the promo videos that came out made it sound like it would automatically update. Maybe it will be a future firmware update..hint, hint DJI ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379