Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does FAA control, prohibit drones indoors?

Reaction score
As a photographer with ADD my head is still spinning from the info about the FAA exemption. What about indoor events? Stadiums, convention halls ect.. Can you make money indoors?

As a photographer with ADD my head is still spinning from the info about the FAA exemption. What about indoor events? Stadiums, convention halls ect.. Can you make money indoors?

The FAA is not in control of any indoor airspace. Having said that, consider the safety, much less the liability, of flying a 6+ lb quad in an indoor event environment with loads of people, none of whom have given you permission to fly it over their heads. What event organizer in their right mind would allow you to do that and risk a huge settlement in the event you injure someone?

Well,last week I was at a Kings Game at Staples Center And they were flying a pretty large blimp with cameras attached around the venue between periods and I was wondering what would happen if that crashed. It had three large props and was very cool but if that fell it would be mayhem! It certainly weighed more then 6 lbs.!

That's funny! I guess it should be in a closed convention or event location. Without people or perhaps a shot with no one directly underneath.

That's funny! I guess it should be in a closed convention or event location. Without people or perhaps a shot with no one directly underneath.

Like CES, which is going on right now in LV? They are all flying in a cage, far as I can tell, and good thing, too. Just ask Tahoe "crash" Ed, right?

Look, I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm just saying that it should only be done prudently and under very controlled (ie, closed set) circumstances . There's a reason the networks broadcasting NFL games are using cablecam to film overhead shots instead of drones (and they would have the budget to buy the latest and greatest drones available).

NFL feeds hi-def sigs to the truck for re-broadcast via cables...could never happen with a drone

So the Inspire doesn't have a hi-def signal? What's Lightbridge, then? And why does the RC have an HDMI output?

Look, I was using the cablecam example to illustrate the idea that something suspended on cables is inherently less dangerous than something that is suspended in air by virtue of Bernoulli's Law. Just sayin'

True. But I'm in that industry and they have talked about this for years. And if they can save $2.cents they would Has something to do with sig strength...and distance and I don't think LB can send a sig that far to the bcrast truck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84