Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does firmware update V01.01.0913 solve the inflight engine shutdowns recently reported hear and other forums?

Reaction score
I just updated my firmware to V01.01.0913. DJI says that this update addresses the reports of Matrice 200s "falling out of the
sky" due to motor(s) shutting down even though the batteries appear to have useable power remaining. I'd like to get the opinions
of other M-200 operators of if it's safe to fly these expensive machines.

DJI just put out a email today 31 October 2018 specifically citing your concerns. The gist of it is that you are required to watch your battery voltages during flight and to not take off if all the cells don’t match, and land before your batteries drop to 30% level. Basically they’re saying fly at your own risk until a firmware patch is released.

DJI just put out a email today 31 October 2018 specifically citing your concerns. The gist of it is that you are required to watch your battery voltages during flight and to not take off if all the cells don’t match, and land before your batteries drop to 30% level. Basically they’re saying fly at your own risk until a firmware patch is released.
Can you tell us where this DJI email can be found? Thanks

DJI Advises Customers To Fly With Caution When Using TB50 And TB55 Batteries In Drones

Basically, DJI are advising what I have been advocating for years on these forums - fly by voltage and not percentage.
Percentage is just some arbitrary number which doesn't correlate accurately to anything, whereas voltage is an absolute measurement.
As true as it is, executing any mission with battery status page open for constant monitoring of cell's voltage is rather difficult ...

As true as it is, executing any mission with battery status page open for constant monitoring of cell's voltage is rather difficult ...
You do not need to have it open all the time. Simply flick to the screen every minute or so and see how the cells are tracking, then flick straight back to main view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44