Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drifting in hover

Reaction score
Im a little concerned with the drift in tight places. I fly creek bottoms and under trees. Any ideas about how to get this stopped. I've calibrated compass every flight and done the IMU....multiple times

Mine does not do that in P-GPS... In ATTI mode its more complex especially if you are flying in confined spaces.

Reactions: Kris
I understand that I can fly in ATTI mode and do fly it, but, in tight places it is nice to be able to stop, regroup, plan and then fly on, without the worry of drift.

No, no GPS in ATTI, that's the point. GPS will never be perfectly precise so I'm afraid you'll never have what you expect.

You do seem to have a bit of "toilet bowl effect" though. Besides calibrations you can try flying around a bit, mostly in a straight line for a while and it should get better.

When you have the TBE have you tried to fly out of it. I used to have this in the prior version of the firmware. But after flying for a few seconds it disappeared.

I've found that if I let motors warm up in idle for a minute or so, take off, hover for 15 seconds at head high, the Inspire gets real solid in a hover and I dont have the vibration or drift I've seen after a quick start and take off.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
As above this should be best practice for pilots IMHO, any problems either listened to or seen, you can land.

Im a little concerned with the drift in tight places. I fly creek bottoms and under trees. Any ideas about how to get this stopped. I've calibrated compass every flight and done the IMU....multiple times
looks like your gear is down. They will defiantly toilet bowl with the gear down!

I've found that if I let motors warm up in idle for a minute or so, take off, hover for 15 seconds at head high, the Inspire gets real solid in a hover and I dont have the vibration or drift I've seen after a quick start and take off.
Yes, I was going to say that the behavior looks like one (or more) of the motors isn't up-to-speed, causing a slow, oriented rotation around the aircrafts center. I've never seen that behavior, even when I first take off, even with the gear down, even in strong gusty winds. I'd guess one of the motors got dinged or it's cold and takes a little while to warm up. I always let the motors run for 10 seconds or so on the ground before takeoff, and then hover and check all controls. I've never seen that behavior even at the first hover.

mTp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry