Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dynamic home point, quickspin, strong magnetic interference

Reaction score
I flew a few more batteries after all updates and have the following issues with my Inspire 2:
1. Strong magnetic interference warning
2. Quickspin inop
3. Dynamic home point, when I select it on, I get a message “Controller GPS signal weak”

WTF? Help, anybody?

with latest firmware & iOs Go 4:
1) Are you sure it was magnetic interference? The latest go 4 app version has been giving strong interference warnings - but it's referring to the C&C & Downlink signal from the I2 to the RC. If it was definitely magnetic, then try a different location and see if you get it again.
2) Quickspin - working for me. Have you got it turned on as the last version of Go 4 reset to off by default.
3) Dynamic HP, working for me. Did you gave the GPS receiver mounted on top of the tablet holder & clear of any obstructions (like tablet sunshade)? Also, did you have the GPS receiver wire routed outside the RC antennae - it shouldn't be routed between them according to DJI. (And it might have caused 1) if you got it at the same time..)

A little more data:
I’m using Crystal Sky, which has its own GPS sensor built in for dynamic home point. Quickspin, I turned on, and attempted to use it and camera got stuck at max gimbal travel, and rocked back and forth, with no gimbal limit reached warning. Upon landing, it was deselected...I repeated the same procedure again with the same results. As far as mag interference goes, there is none where I’m operating...I’ve flown over my house 100’s of times and never got that before this update. I’m beginning to wonder as none of these issues were there before all the updates, if it’s a crystal sky issue...REALLY ANNOYING!

Although I guess for the 8K I now have sunk in, what should I expect? [emoji3] I wish the dealers selling this stuff could provide more technical support...calling DJI China doesn’t help, in fact my golden retriever is more help than China!IMG_0596.JPG

I flew a few more batteries after all updates and have the following issues with my Inspire 2:
2. Quickspin inop
3. Dynamic home point, when I select it on, I get a message “Controller GPS signal weak”

WTF? Help, anybody?

Sorry for the issues you are having, we fly the same equipment and sometimes get the same warnings and do not always have a fix for them either.

I have seen a "Strong interference warning" come and go since I started using the Crystalsky monitors. I have seen it over water not near anything, over swamp land with no electrical anything and even at 399.9 feet high. One suggestion has been to turn all phones to airplane mode and keep them away from you when flying. I believe it is a FW glitch that is not being corrected by DJI. I have learned to ignore it the same as I ignore the strong wind warning. I have not seen a "Strong Magnetic Interference Warning".

I have not seen the quickspin issue, if it continues I would try a restore factory default in the Assistant 2 app.

I have not seen the Dynamic Homepoint issue with the Crystalsky monitor yet even inside, doing a factory reset is all I can suggest and it does not take very long.

Should we have these issues pop up all the time, no, these should be corrected by DJI in a timely fashion and that is not being done.

On CrystalSky with or with out Cendence but definitely with one thing that makes a difference to me is keep the antennas away from the back of the CS, the device bracket is a little closer to the back of the RC on Cendence and this means it’s easy for the sticks to be up against the back of the device and pick up interference, that is exactly where the Wi-fi antennas are too so you need a little more separation.

What does work is rotate the antennas pointing down and not up against the back of the device, as long as they are in the vertical polarisation it’s makes no difference if they are up or down.

I took this today to specifically show it

EAqM5VV.jpg

But this is for the radio interference, if your getting magnetic error then I would carefully calibrate your compass.

On the GPS did you have it actually turned on in the settings as it defaults to off, this is CrystalSky settings not DJI Go.

I have put 5 or so hours through my I2 and CS this last 3 days and other than a bad SD card error a few times with one specific card (the one that came with it too ) not a single other issue even on the latest firmware for both, I did not test quick spin my self though tbh but will try tomorrow.

I would suggest making sure your on latest CS firmware then fully resetting It after any update as that clears a lot of issues tbh, and refresh your I2 firmware in Assistant 2, it’s crazy mine has really not put a foot wrong on the latest release, Both CS devices and everything else has just worked, it’s definitely a little jumpy on landing compared to the last firmware and tries to lift for some reason before it shuts down but that’s about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: samtheparrot
2. Quickspin inop

WTF? Help, anybody?

Watching I have all of the above as well hopefully its firmware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsmithp486