Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Fix for loose red props I2

Reaction score
I just got an Inspire 2 and have the loose red prop syndrone. (Pun?)
I founf a different fix that I believe is working.
In looking over the parts to the spare set of prop mounts sent with the bird, I noticed that the outer retainer clips are interchangeable. What isn't is the plate that the prop actually sits on.
So, being a tinkerer, I tried switching one, and guess what? It works!!
I happeden to have some 1345LS kits that I had bought as spares for my Inspire 1, which is where I got the second one from.
Now, both reds are tight with no rattle or more importantly, no vibtation.
The inner plate is what I use to tell me which prop goes where and disregard the white marks on the outer retianer rings.
Problem solved....

x5.jpg x6.jpg

Reactions: Advexure
Tried this solution and the issue came back. I am running the Tmotor props. Couldn’t be happier. I suggest ditching those for peace of mind.
Drawback is I have to remove the props if I travel long distances for case purposes.

I was just sent a V3 set that I have not tried. I can not since I removed the mounts. I read somewhere they have the same result.
I do not believe it is the props, but my opinion and research leads to the mounts.

IMHO the mounts are the problem. We ordered 4 replacement sets and out of the 7 mounts (4 replacements an the 3 that came with the bird), 2 were tight. We tossed the bad ones and are now up to our eyeballs in the white mounts, which as you said, also work fine.

Had very bad red prop rattle and white props were also a bit loose. When the I2 would be on the ground with a slight breeze the props would move up and down in the wind. I was flying yesterday and noticed bad jello in my video which I assumed to be prop vibration?

I have attempted a cheap fix that I have not yet tried out as I just finished tonight but right now my props are tight with no movement.

In the picture you can see where I stuck either the Nexcare medical tape, electrical tape or masking tape. The red props which were the loosest have the Nexcare tape (pictured) as it is the thickest tape. One white prop has electrical tape, mid thickest, and the last white prop has the masking tape which is thinnest.

I am hoping this fix will work, fingers crossed.WIN_20180318_22_48_43_Pro.jpg

The only permanent (and professional) fix I have found is to replace both props and mounts with 3rd party systems

Does anyone know for mounting the carbon fibre Heliengaden folding props from @Florida Drone Supply are new mounts required as well or these props compatible with the current mounts?

The disadvantage to this solution is that you need to then modify the carry case. Has anyone modified the Go Professional case to support these props?
Just thinking of ordering the Heliengaden props and was thinking of modifying this exact case which I already have. I've already modified it to hold my CrystalSky as well.

Does anyone know for mounting the carbon fibre Heliengaden folding props from @Florida Drone Supply are new mounts required as well or these props compatible with the current mounts?

All the existing prop mounting hardware is removed from the Inspire's motors and the new props are installed. No other parts are needed.

We use the Lynn Phan props. Solid props, no worries, no case alterations. Have not given them a second thought since installation. Love-em

Just thinking of ordering the Heliengaden props and was thinking of modifying this exact case which I already have. I've already modified it to hold my CrystalSky as well.
Is it hard to modify? How ugly do you think it would be?

Is it hard to modify? How ugly do you think it would be?

I would think it is just modifying the lengths where the landing gear plus props would sit within the foam. The foam is very easy to cut and modify, I already cut out a spot for my crystalsky to sit above one of the prop mounts.

Just a matter of tracing a nice fit and and cutting out the foam.

Reactions: Mr Mister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips