Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FINALLY APPROVED ND-FILTERS !

If you use non "approved" filters and they get stuck on cross thread, just use channel lock pliers. That or vise grips. Then call DJI about poor engineering tolerances on the thread pitch.
how about a pipe wrench?, bailing wire, ductape...

A very quick proof of the high quality filter, no flare.
I took the photo complete against the sunshine.
Photo 6: the set up, sun straight on the lens
Photo 7: filter on the DJI camera (the new one, my DJI one is broken), perfect fitting
Photo 8: copy screen of the remote control
Photo 9: copy screen of "automatic" lightroom treatment of the DNG
Photo 10: the result exported of photo 4

Now at work: please be patient for replying on your mails, we are very busy at the moment to get some free time when we will dispatch the filters.

Photo 6
View attachment 1208

Photo 7
View attachment 1209

Photo 8
View attachment 1210

Photo 9

View attachment 1211

Photo 10
View attachment 1212
Today should be the day that we get word if the filters have arrived and hopefully a successfully quality check!
Please give us an update Rainblowers - I am sure we are all excited to find out:)

:p
Plaster_682_1003912a.jpg
Hi The Editor,

I know that you bought a set of these filters as well. I hate to be so persistent, but have you heard anything regarding delivery?
I paid for these over a week ago and I was under the impression that they were to be shipped out earlier this week...
I've been burned before by just sending money and having people disappear.
Many thanks,

Peter

Hi The Editor,

I know that you bought a set of these filters as well. I hate to be so persistent, but have you heard anything regarding delivery?
I paid for these over a week ago and I was under the impression that they were to be shipped out earlier this week...
I've been burned before by just sending money and having people disappear.
Many thanks,

Peter
My last email was dated April 16th and I was told shipping would be on April 27th (via DHL) - I payed through PayPal so I'm relaxed about the whole transaction.

My last email was dated April 16th and I was told shipping would be on April 27th (via DHL) - I payed through PayPal so I'm relaxed about the whole transaction.
Thank you for the reply.
I also got a "confirmation email", very informal and hardly a receipt. This is the last I heard from him.
Hello Peter,

This is your formal confirmation of your payment by PayPal of USD 84
Waiting for the filters now, keep you informed for the tracking number.

Best regards,
Renaat & Aileen

I had to send an email with my Paypal info to confirm I actually paid:

Amount you have sent:
$84.00 USD
Currency conversion: $108.92 CAD = $84.00 USD ***BRUTAL LOL!***
Exchange rate: 1 CAD = 0.771270 USD
Sent on: April 14, 2015
Message in your payment email: Order Details: 1 set of ND8, ND16, ND32 and 1 ND64 filters. Total of 4 ND filters. Total amount due: $84.00 USD includes shipping. Ship to: Peter Flynn ***Address Provided for shipping details . Sent using the PayPal Mobile application.

I hope all is ok, online stuff, especially to someone I don't know, always makes me nervous.

Hopefully should be fine - If not PayPal will be getting a claim for refunds en masse! :)

Thank you for the reply.
I also got a "confirmation email", very informal and hardly a receipt. This is the last I heard from him.
Hello Peter,

This is your formal confirmation of your payment by PayPal of USD 84
Waiting for the filters now, keep you informed for the tracking number.

Best regards,
Renaat & Aileen

I had to send an email with my Paypal info to confirm I actually paid:

Amount you have sent:
$84.00 USD
Currency conversion: $108.92 CAD = $84.00 USD ***BRUTAL LOL!***
Exchange rate: 1 CAD = 0.771270 USD
Sent on: April 14, 2015
Message in your payment email: Order Details: 1 set of ND8, ND16, ND32 and 1 ND64 filters. Total of 4 ND filters. Total amount due: $84.00 USD includes shipping. Ship to: Peter Flynn ***Address Provided for shipping details . Sent using the PayPal Mobile application.

I hope all is ok, online stuff, especially to someone I don't know, always makes me nervous.

Do not worry, we are very busy, but you will have your filters ! It is also the first time we do this, so have some patience and we do all this for free as we do not consider it as our business.

Reactions: dronie
NEWS UPDATE

HELLO DEAR ND-FILTER AND DJI FANS,

Sorry for answering a bit late, but as told you, we are actually very occupied with our daily business. 2 video orders of 7 minutes to finish in 10 days…. a day and night work. Besides all that answering hundreds of your emails …

The ND-Filters
They are of course in production. We just mailed the factory for preview: they do their best to finish the first production (we changed our order from 100 to 150 filter sets) on April 27th. Afterwards it will be sent by airplane to our address, 1000 km. China is big.
Meanwhile, in some spare time, we prepare a listing of all your orders and check addresses and telephone numbers (a lot did not add telephone number, they may be delayed). We also ordered special cartons to put them in the plastic DHL-envelops with some bulb plastic for protection.
Normally we will prepare shipping, after checking each filter, from April 28th.
We will be absent from April 30th to Mai 5th as we will be on a film/media fair in Qingdao. This needs to be prepared too….

Those who received a payment confirmation by mail, will be delivered in the first shipping. Other fans who requested our filters, will need to wait at least 2 weeks giving us the time to prepare a new order at the factory for production (10 days) and dispatching.

So dear fans, please be patient, they will come !! As this success was not previewed, it takes a lot of time for answering mails, order confirmations, checking, etc. ... We thank you all being happy for what you will receive in some days.

Renaat & Aileen.

NEWS UPDATE

So dear fans, please be patient, they will come !! As this success was not previewed, it takes a lot of time for answering mails, order confirmations, checking, etc. ... We thank you all being happy for what you will receive in some days.

Renaat & Aileen.

You're doing fine. You took on a monumental task. Please, know that we appreciate your efforts.

I have some general questions about shutter speeds and exposure. I have noticed that the Pilots App won't let you adjust shutter speed in manual mode and the EV setting seems to jump around quite arbitarily when going from manual to auto. In auto, you usually get a high shutter speed, but the result seems quite good and I don't understand why the video would not look jerky, but it doesn't. The we come to the filters....what filter in bright sunlight is going to knock the system down to a shutter speed of 50 or 60? I tried a 10ND and it didn't knock it down that much and I ended up with dark film. I would have had to raise the ISO to get a good picture. I would like to see a further discussion about this. Go Pro has the same problem...no aperture adjustment...no F stops.

ND8 should be enough to knock your shutter speed down to 50 or 60...you'll still have some over exposure in direct sunlight but for the most part it will be good. That's with iso at 100...I'd say you could probably go as high as 400 if you needed.

NEWS UPDATE

HELLO DEAR ND-FILTER AND DJI FANS,

Sorry for answering a bit late, but as told you, we are actually very occupied with our daily business. 2 video orders of 7 minutes to finish in 10 days…. a day and night work. Besides all that answering hundreds of your emails …

The ND-Filters
They are of course in production. We just mailed the factory for preview: they do their best to finish the first production (we changed our order from 100 to 150 filter sets) on April 27th. Afterwards it will be sent by airplane to our address, 1000 km. China is big.
Meanwhile, in some spare time, we prepare a listing of all your orders and check addresses and telephone numbers (a lot did not add telephone number, they may be delayed). We also ordered special cartons to put them in the plastic DHL-envelops with some bulb plastic for protection.
Normally we will prepare shipping, after checking each filter, from April 28th.
We will be absent from April 30th to Mai 5th as we will be on a film/media fair in Qingdao. This needs to be prepared too….

Those who received a payment confirmation by mail, will be delivered in the first shipping. Other fans who requested our filters, will need to wait at least 2 weeks giving us the time to prepare a new order at the factory for production (10 days) and dispatching.

Renaat & Aileen.
Thanks for the update Renaat and for all your hard work.
Can't wait to receive the filters!
Don't work too hard:)

NEWS UPDATE !!
We had just 1 hour to make this update, we are filming during some days.
Factory confirmed by written we will receive the filters on Wednesday April 30th. They had some delay because of testing the high quality coatings on the difficult to handle 0,5mm glass. Always changes with Chinese factories, you know it of DJI.
Now, I took all in my hands and pushed them to make it very clear, my wife is too friendly. German way, efficient and punktlich, no excuses for delays.
Herewith my sms to the factory:
Dear sir,
1. We are able to cancel the contract as you delayed.
2. Be sure we will not accept medium quality and color shift as mentioned in the contract.
3. You will send the first lot on April 28th: the complete order of nd 8-16-32-64 separately packed as the sample received, no partial delivery.
4. It will be sent by air express 1 day to be received on Wednesday 29th.
Fulfilling these conditions, we will accept for a last time the delay. If all is going well, personally I will need 2 other filters for a 95mm thread lens, and test out some polarizers.
Please in future, never use Chinese way of dealing with western, we prefer the truth from the start, even bad, at least we can decide to accept or not. It will save your lost in R&D investment in case of canceling contract and our time.
Best regards, R. Ceulenaere

His answer:
Dear Sir,
I can only promise 28th send ND 8 ND 16 ND 32 and by 29th can send ND 64 if it went well 28th send all of them but i can not promise yet i am trying producing it pls just give some more time thanks a lot! Mr.xxxx

To feel already closer with you filters, herewith some photos of the production and one photo of our preparation, ready to dispatch to you.
We repeat to all fans who received the order confirmation will be delivered the first. Order confirmations later as April 21th 8:52pm our time will pass in the second shipment previewed from Mai 20th. This will be faster as no extra tests and controls will be necessary. The first shipment is the most difficult for this new product. After all this, we think at a polarizer ND8 at 5 grams….
We thank you all for patience and please accept our honesty in informing you. If I knew all this issues with the Chinese, I never would have started up, it gives me too much free stress. Now urgently back to our normal work.

Best regards, Renaat

63D1C465D2158DD4EABE552B0A5C9A2B.jpeg

87D4E93269A475F2771F7F7FBCF33A0F.jpeg

A0AB51EF587437A3A02C6E5E34537CC7.jpeg

A815D8B3E9715343AA6DE78B179E0308.jpeg

282FFC142936E643A3D613B589C397D8.jpeg

C481333F2484FE20D90F542AAD1BF2F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: dronie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics