Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Finger hovering over the 'Buy' button.

Reaction score
Just wondering whether you guys are pleased with your purchase. Not so much 'Is it worth the price', because that's subjective and will differ from person to person.

I've been flying my Vision/Vision Plus for over a year now with no problems at all and would like to go one step further with the Inspire.

Yes. It's a bit intimidating at first if you are used to a Phantom, but you'll get the hang of it with a couple flights.

The guys that pre-ordered and got early units have had some issues. Mostly solved thru the firmware updates. I've had mine a couple weeks now and don't really have any complaints, as the first thing I did before flying is update all the firmwares, apps and read the forums a bit. I think that prevented me having some issues. There are some things to keep an eye out for, so the reading of this forum is important.

As a hobbiest, I think It flies and photographs well. DJI seems overwhelmed responding to customers, so plan on some patience if you have issues. So far, the only thing I'd like is more readily available batteries (especially the larger one) and spare props (just in case).

I'd say go ahead and order. DJI seems to be working on improvements in software and maybe some parts as we go. If you want to wait for ver 2, then it will probably be next year. They may incorporate some minor changes along the way, but don't expect anything major until ver 2.

My finger is just above yours!! Once they fix the SW glitches with flyaway, etc, the vibration issues, the gimbal not centering issues, then I buy. I'm not waiting for V2 Too long. I was with two friends this wknd and flew theirs. No issues. I figure I'll give them a month after CNY and then...bingo I buy

Watch Quadzilla,Iwrskyfilms post look at how amazing there footage is and what they can do I love mine wld like to learn to do a lot more. No problems no regret buy and buy from copter shop no issues. I have tb47 and tb48 they have been a great company to deal with.

Don't do it!!!!!!! Just returned mine! They are really buggy. If you expect a finished product wait. Third or fourth Gen for sure. Plus they will be updating the camera sooner than later from an inside source.

DJI just joined the micro 4/3 camera group... That would be a huge upgrade! I have also been looking at alternatives. Align has dominated RC helies, and there new quads look pretty good. I love being able to hang whatever camera I like. I think an INSPIRE replacement could be an Align 480 Frame, Panasonic GH4 DJI A1 etc. Would cost about the same but with better flight times...

Just wondering whether you guys are pleased with your purchase. Not so much 'Is it worth the price', because that's subjective and will differ from person to person.

I've been flying my Vision/Vision Plus for over a year now with no problems at all and would like to go one step further with the Inspire.

It is a good product if nothing goes wrong with it.

If it goes wrong be prepared to deal with a terrible customer support system.

I'm quite happy with mine, it was pretty much my first drone, had a vision + for 2 weeks to practice before I got the inspire. I am a commercial photographer/cinematographer though so I have been antsy to put it to use and get it into my new demo reel. If you don't have an urgent need for it I guess you could wait. Mine has minor glitches (gimbal twitch, drifted once or twice) but I believe they will be resolved with firmware. The camera on the inspire is WAY better than the vision +. I did not consider the vision "good enough" for professional application. IOS integration and video feed is way better too, fun to fly!

Ordered mine yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow:) hopefully I won't have anything major and when a firmware update is done there will be an even bigger waiting list as everyone will then want one. I waited u til the iOS app was out and then decided to buy. I sold my vision + the week this was announced so I'm looking forward to it. I will running it indoors (no props) to make sure everything is working fine and having a play the app.

I'm locked in my office till 4/15 (tax work) and gave my Inspire as a gift to a good friend. Still glued to the forum and couldn't help but order new batteries. Anxious to get my new Inspire even though I have little use for it until April - and always wondering if hardware improvements will occur between now and then. Should I pull the trigger and act impulsively now, or wait for possible physical upgrades. Anyone have any idea of pending upgrades?

I don't think Dji will make any changes, just the firmware. I bet that is not by the end of the month or sooner.

Because I'm an impulsive bastard, I think I'm going to order one tomorrow. The reason is in my opinion, the only thing that's going to improve is the camera. As the camera and gimble can be removed for future upgrades, then I'll just have to upgrade the camera if i need to in the future.

Because I'm an impulsive bastard, I think I'm going to order one tomorrow. The reason is in my opinion, the only thing that's going to improve is the camera. As the camera and gimble can be removed for future upgrades, then I'll just have to upgrade the camera if i need to in the future.

@Mossie. You're a horrible instigator. I'm ordering my second Inspire tomorrow!

@Mossie. You're a horrible instigator. I'm ordering my second Inspire tomorrow!

Sorry about that !!

I don't know why I go through all the pretence of pretending that I'm not going to order one. Once I start going down the road of thinking of buying something, there's nothing that can sway me off course. So I might as well stop pissing around and just buy it straight away.
The hard bit is going to be how I can hide the cost from my Mrs. I shall have to come up with some devious plan to make it look like it costs just a little more than my Vision Plus !

Sorry about that !!

I don't know why I go through all the pretence of pretending that I'm not going to order one. Once I start going down the road of thinking of buying something, there's nothing that can sway me off course. So I might as well stop pissing around and just buy it straight away.
The hard bit is going to be how I can hide the cost from my Mrs. I shall have to come up with some devious plan to make it look like it costs just a little more than my Vision Plus !
im getting my 2nd one also. (twins)

you give the wife the 2nd remote, she might dig it.....

Somewhere between two weeks and two months I'm sure I will order one as well. Trying to hold out, the more I read the user manual and watch Youtube review and instructional videos, it's getting harder to resist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters