Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware beeping

Reaction score
Hi guys, I tried to do a firmware update today and everything seemed to be going well until I got a constant beep from the last step of the upgrade. I checked the txt file and it said upgrade failed, I reformatted the SD card and tried again! This time the craft was making no normal beeping noises to tell me it was preparing the upgrade but just proceeded to make an intermittent beeping noise which appears to come from one of the rear motors along with a yellow flashing rear light! Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes the bleeping is identical but if you listen to the beep it's actually coming from my rear motor and it won't allow me to update, states in the log 'the firmware is the same as we what's already on the aircraft'

I ran across the same thing after trying to update to v1.7.0.90

Here's what I did to fix it...

I downloaded the prior firmware version (v1.6.0.40) and did an update in the AC without the RC on.

I let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes -- the beeping continued.

Eventually, the beeping stopped and the "normal" update tones continued.

After getting the tones for "update completed" I shut down the AC, and removed the SD card.

I started the RC, iPad, opened the DJI GO app, then powered up the AC.

Seemed normal, except I got a "Camera needs upgrade" message.

Shut everything down again, downloaded v1.7.8.90 again, ensured the RC was off, put the SD card with the latest verstion into the camera and powered up.

It went though what sounded like a normal update and in a few minutes, got the "update completed" tones.

Removed the SD card, rebooted everything, started up the RC, app, and AC, and everything was normal.

Hi adsser, thanks I'll give that a go, only I have let the firmware update run o even with the beeping for some time to see what happened in the end I switched it off because nothing was happening! It's becoming frustrating as app is saying it needs an update.

Yep, got a nose bump flying in a simulated industrial setting, trying to clear a doorway. I learned to take doorways as low to the surface as possible...that way, if I clip a rotor on the door frame it doesn't have far to fall. Also, legs down.

Yep, got a nose bump flying in a simulated industrial setting, trying to clear a doorway. I learned to take doorways as low to the surface as possible...that way, if I clip a rotor on the door frame it doesn't have far to fall. Also, legs down.
Good idea to have the legs down. A lot more costly when the gimbal is damaged.

Hi adsser, thanks I'll give that a go, only I have let the firmware update run o even with the beeping for some time to see what happened in the end I switched it off because nothing was happening! It's becoming frustrating as app is saying it needs an update.

Let it run for a while...for me it seemed like it was about 5 or 10 minutes before the tones changed. Try it for as long as you can stand it.

Yes initially I did let it run for well over 25 minutes with no change to tone I'll try again later. I was getting a ESC error from the application so changed one of the motors I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it as I know during an update the craft will normally exhibit an colour changing cycle through the LEDs on the legs! I've seen none of that although when I first started the update I was getting all the correct update tones until the end I got a tone telling me the update had failed!

New Attempting firmware update with out of the box Inspire V1.2 using WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00 2.bin file. File is on freshly exFAT formatted micro sd. Inspire 1 powers up, gimbal does the dance, green flashing light, gimbal beeps a few times, then unit sits with no beeping and rapid green flashing light for 35 minutes, aborted and tried again, same result. Help?

New Attempting firmware update with out of the box Inspire V1.2 using WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00 2.bin file. File is on freshly exFAT formatted micro sd. Inspire 1 powers up, gimbal does the dance, green flashing light, gimbal beeps a few times, then unit sits with no beeping and rapid green flashing light for 35 minutes, aborted and tried again, same result. Help?
Decided to roll back so went with WM610_FW_V01.07.00.90.bin file. Inspire 1 powered on fine and gimbal did the dance, and started beeping as it should..... update is in progress now.

Decided to roll back so went with WM610_FW_V01.07.00.90.bin file. Inspire 1 powered on fine and gimbal did the dance, and started beeping as it should..... update is in progress now.
Hi PatM,
Just wanted to know if you had any luck with that new update with the exFAT formatted micro sd. I've tried downloading multiple times over 2 different sd cards in different formats (exFAT and the Mac version) but it still does that very loud and annoying beeping sound (which seems to come from the motors). To no avail; it doesn't seem to update at all because no .txt file is written as described in the tutorials. Any clue? Thanks.

Hey all,

I solved this very loud motor beeping noise by using a separate SD card on a different computer. I downloaded the firmware on this newly formatted SD card ("update SD") and put it in the Inspire just like the tutorials say. The beeping stopped after about 10 minutes and I could hear the sweet dulcet tones of the regular updating sequence. I updated all the smart batteries one after another as well, and then stuck the original SD card that came with the Inspire after having formatted that one as well.

So now I will be keeping 2 SD cards in my Inspire case: one to download firmware updates on, the other to record videos with.

I suspect that the file was corrupted during download, possibly due to accidentally downloaded malware. I have no other explanation because I followed all the instructions to the letter and it worked after using a different SD card and computer for the purpose of updating the firmware. I really hope this helps those with this weird loud motor beeping noise.

Help!!! I am a new Inspire 1 Pro Pilot but have been flying my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus since Jun 2014. I ordered a Inspire 1 Pro through the DJI website store approx. 3wks ago and finally got this past Monday. I am having issues with the RC blinking red light and beeping. I go into the App to try to recalibrate the joysticks but cannot perform because camera viewing has a "Gray" background instead of "Blue" which I know you are connected to the camera/drone. So when I still click on the camera, using a Samsung Tab 3, I have a black screen but on top of tab showing "Disconnected". I click on the RC icon to try to recalibrate but unable to perform. I have tried calling DJI support which then I found out I have not registered my drone after speaking to a Technician for over 30 minutes and plus he stated I need to upload the latest Firmware v1.9.1.30 dated: 2016-7-7, which I tried to perform but no can do, but later I completed registering my Inspire I was then able to perform my drone like advertised. Then I was able to perform an recalibration for my RC and after I completed it again the red blinking red light and beeping comes back. And again unable to do anything at this point. To add I was able to start the motors while the beeping issue. I am getting frustrated on this drone not able to fly it.
I ran across the same thing after trying to update to v1.7.0.90

Here's what I did to fix it...

I downloaded the prior firmware version (v1.6.0.40) and did an update in the AC without the RC on.

I let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes -- the beeping continued.

Eventually, the beeping stopped and the "normal" update tones continued.

After getting the tones for "update completed" I shut down the AC, and removed the SD card.

I started the RC, iPad, opened the DJI GO app, then powered up the AC.

Seemed normal, except I got a "Camera needs upgrade" message.

Shut everything down again, downloaded v1.7.8.90 again, ensured the RC was off, put the SD card with the latest verstion into the camera and powered up.

It went though what sounded like a normal update and in a few minutes, got the "update completed" tones.

Removed the SD card, rebooted everything, started up the RC, app, and AC, and everything was normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan