Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware update took 15 seconds only. Everything ok?

Reaction score
hi all,

Received my Inspire 1 today as well as 4 extra batteries. Proceeded to upgrade the firmware as explained on the website, but it only took 15-20 seconds as opposed to 20 minutes described on the DJI website. Did I do anything wrong or is this normal and everything go lost in translation. Have not flown it yet but wanted to update everything first.
Let me know.
Cheers.

hi all,

Received my Inspire 1 today as well as 4 extra batteries. Proceeded to upgrade the firmware as explained on the website, but it only took 15-20 seconds as opposed to 20 minutes described on the DJI website. Did I do anything wrong or is this normal and everything go lost in translation. Have not flown it yet but wanted to update everything first.
Let me know.
Cheers.

Isn't there a way to check to see if it now 'shows' the new update V Number?

When I did this one it took about 10 minutes (with a selection of all sorts of bleeps, flashes) but when you've finished there should be a text file on the Micro SD card with a message about the update status. Tx took another 3 minutes after that.

Also if you start everything up again and look at the APP it will tell you in there "if" it's happy or it needs updates.

Don't forget A) Do an IMU calibration B) Find a large flat area to test C) Don't use the auto-take off feature !

In the app, with controller and Inspire powered, go to the gear symbol (general settings), upper right hand corner, then to "about" which will give you status of the app plus firmware versions. Main Controller should be v. 01.14

If the update didn't take, you would get a warning on power-up, like a red triangle warning you to update firmware.

This is what my screen looks like:

IMG_0042.PNG IMG_0043.PNG

I wish DJI would have a voice-over taking us through this instead of this stupid music track and graphics...I know this sounds like whining, but just simple instructions given verbally in addition to the text would be so much better. I'm seeing other instructional videos done by individuals on You Tube that are much more basic and comprehensive.

I agree with Mike here...when it comes to training, we need video that express and not impress...big difference...

I wish DJI would have a voice-over taking us through this instead of this stupid music track and graphics...I know this sounds like whining, but just simple instructions given verbally in addition to the text would be so much better. I'm seeing other instructional videos done by individuals on You Tube that are much more basic and comprehensive.

It's a product sold all over the world. Narration would require many versions in different languages. Be glad that the script is not in Chinese. ;)

Well, there is that...I've just seen so many versions in English...probably not a small market here in the US, but this is a great point.

Hi guys...just got the Inspire yesterday and it took me 3 hours to install the firmware yesterday and just TODAY I learned there is a new Firmware and Prop locks that should be used before flying..argh.

I followed the video above and I would keep getting an error that the firmware update timed out. I tried both my iPad Air and Nexus 7 tablet, and two different SD cards with the same results.

I later read on the boards that unlike the video and the instructions recommendations, you should update the controller first...I also tried this, but got the same error...

This is what worked for me and hope it helps others..... I turned off the controller, loaded the firmware on the SD, inserted the SD card into the camera and then turned on the Inspire (props not installed). The Inspire did the autoload of the firmware successfully! It does a series of fast D-D-D-D's while the firmware is being upgraded then the tones slow down indicating the firmware upgrade is complete....

Hope this helps....Im eager to do my first flight, but hesitant since DJI recommends Prop Locks now...argh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys...just got the Inspire yesterday and it took me 3 hours to install the firmware yesterday and just TODAY I learned there is a new Firmware and Prop locks that should be used before flying..argh.

I followed the video above and I would keep getting an error that the firmware update timed out. I tried both my iPad Air and Nexus 7 tablet, and two different SD cards with the same results.

I later read on the boards that unlike the video and the instructions recommendations, you should update the controller first...I also tried this, but got the same error...

This is what worked for me and hope it helps others..... I turned off the controller, loaded the firmware on the SD, inserted the SD card into the camera and then turned on the Inspire (props not installed). The Inspire did the autoload of the firmware successfully! It does a series of fast D-D-D-D's while the firmware is being upgraded then the tones slow down indicating the firmware upgrade is complete....

Hope this helps....Im eager to do my first flight, but hesitant since DJI recommends Prop Locks now...argh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What you are describing as your successful attempt is exactly the process described in the firmware update instructions accompanying the firmware. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Integratedretail