Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update v1.2.0.17 Available

Just took first flight after update and everything seems fine. Nothing new noticeable to me but i didn't test the second controller or hook up the HDMI to check the updated optimized OSD information.. Video Downlink seems the same also but i never noticed anything wrong with it to start with.

It is almost three ours now :( i have update AC but RC is in disconetted status. I have formatted ad copyed the bin file several times but no way to change this red light status. Dji, WHERE iS THE RESET BUTTON?

I used the SD card that was provided with the aircraft and I formatted it with the software that comes down with the .bin file. I then inserted the SD into an SD card reader and then I connected it to the Remote's USB slot and switched on the remote and it upgraded in under 5 minutes.

Hey Guys, brand new to the site. I read most of the 10 pages but not every single post, so i apologize if i repeat something someone else has posted. Ill just give a quick run through of my update experience.

My AC batteries were being charged, so i decided to update my master RC first through a thumb drive. It seemed to do exactly what the video said it would do. I then proceeded to update the slave RC, but it would not initiate the update. After some research i found out that after the Master RC updates, it saves a .txt file in the thumb drive which gives you a status of the update. This .txt file MUST be deleted for the other RC to initiate the update. After the deletion of the .txt file, all progressed normally.

Now to the AC... because i upgraded my RC fist, i was unable to connect to the AC. I got a yellow blinking light on the AC. I inserted the micro SD card with the firmware update, but the AC did not initiate the update. After freaking out for a bit, and unsuccessfully trying to manually re link the RC to the AC, i decided to remove the micro SD card and re-format it through my Mac. I then proceeded to copy the firmware updates and again insert in the camera. This time as soon as the AC powered up, the update was initiated without having any input from the App. I also was waiting for the AC to reboot as stated in the instructions from DJI, this never happened. I contacted DJI and their response was that the reboot has to be done manually. The important thing to pay attention to is the beeping sound which lets you know whether the AC has finish updating, at which point you must manually reboot the AC. As per instructions from DJI, the camera emitted 4 consecutive beeps ( described by DJI as D-D-D-D) while the firmware was being updated. Once the update was complete the beeping changed from 4 consecutive beeps to one long beep and two consecutive short beeps ( described by DJI as D---D-D). Once you get this sound, it is safe to power down the AC.

1. What i learned. Firmware files should be copied to a newly formatted micro SD.
2. TXT files should be deleted from thumb drive before updating second remote.
3. DJI assured me that my Inspire will not become an expensive paper weight even
if update goes wrong. According to DJI, they have safety measures in place to
prevent this. (not sure what they are, but thats what they said)
4. Both the RC and the AC must be updated before the RC and AC can connect. If the AC or the RC
has been updated but the RC or AC has not, you will not be able to connect.
5. After update, the issue with drifting still continues. It took roughly 30 seconds in the air before the AC
was able to hold its position so please BE AWARE OF THIS. This update did not fix that.
6. I did not have any issues with the gimbal before, and no issues after the update.
7. The beeps emitted by the RC and the AC during the WHOLE duration of the update
are EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!! lol

Sorry for the long winded post, but hope it helps!

Last edited:
It is almost three ours now :( i have update AC but RC is in disconetted status. I have formatted ad copyed the bin file several times but no way to change this red light status. Dji, WHERE iS THE RESET BUTTON?
Did you update the RC as well? If no luck updating the RC, what mode are you using to update the RC? Thumb drive? micro SD reader? I have read that some micro SD readers do not work to update the firmware on the RC. Im not super savvy on that, but i guess it has to do with reading speeds ( i could be wrong) same thing with thumb drives, so make sure you have a compatible thumb drive or sd card reader. You will not be able to connect to the AC until both the AC and the RC are updated. Hope this helps.

( also, make sure you reboot bot the AC and the RC after update is finished)

Did you update the RC as well? If no luck updating the RC, what mode are you using to update the RC? Thumb drive? micro SD reader? I have read that some micro SD readers do not work to update the firmware on the RC. Im not super savvy on that, but i guess it has to do with reading speeds ( i could be wrong) same thing with thumb drives, so make sure you have a compatible thumb drive or sd card reader. You will not be able to connect to the AC until both the AC and the RC are updated. Hope this helps.

( also, make sure you reboot bot the AC and the RC after update is finished)

Yes I was wondering whether my card reader was up to the job also. I have noticed that when I plug it into my 4k Samsung TV, every 30 secs or so the video stops and you get the ' loading' message on the screen.
When I plugged it into the RC, it took 3 times of plugging it in before it recognised the data on the card.
What thumb drives or card readers are you guys using ?

I have updated AC first= success. Than i reformatted the SD and copied bin file again. The rc didn't get the update. Try to see if was my impression but didn' bind with the AC. Tryed again. Tryed again with a different SD. Tryed with a USB pen. Nothing = red light, do not bind with AC and my Ipad is "disconnetted". Well I have a second RC... It even made a sound but... still purple light and no way to make it upgrade.
I am grounded... If anyone could provide some help... I'm reading all possible forum for solution.. Not able to find the rescue bin file from dropbox, just to try. Someone said that if it show disconnetted ... It is bricked.
Someone from Dji staff can help?

Are you using the SD card that came with the AC? If so, format the SD card with the formatting software that was with the .bin file then drop the .bin file into the SD card and then try updating the RC from the AC via the cable or insert the SD card into a SD card reader and connect it to the RC.

I have updated AC first= success. Than i reformatted the SD and copied bin file again. The rc didn't get the update. Try to see if was my impression but didn' bind with the AC. Tryed again. Tryed again with a different SD. Tryed with a USB pen. Nothing = red light, do not bind with AC and my Ipad is "disconnetted". Well I have a second RC... It even made a sound but... still purple light and no way to make it upgrade.
I am grounded... If anyone could provide some help... I'm reading all possible forum for solution.. Not able to find the rescue bin file from dropbox, just to try. Someone said that if it show disconnetted ... It is bricked.
Someone from Dji staff can help?
Since the second RC seems to be operating, you will need to change the remote from Slave to Master. Try that and see if you get a connection with the second RC.

Also, I read somewhere that both files downloaded from DJI must be in the card. This includes the PDF file. Not sure how true this is, but I guess it's worth a try.

Tcancel

Updated firmware yesterday so hopefully the below will be of use......

I unzipped the bin file and downloaded both files (well left them both on the SD Card)

I did this as when I originally unzipped the bin file and loaded only this file this to the SD card nothing happened when I started the update process.

I then added the original file the bin file came from.

As soon as the unzipped bin file and the original file got inserted into A/C and powered up-Boom downloading commenced.

HTH

Since the second RC seems to be operating, you will need to change the remote from Slave to Master. Try that and see if you get a connection with the second RC.
even the second RC is "disconnected" from the Ipad so it is impossible to set it as master. Going to try your advice: tell you later

I don't know whether this was anything to do with the update, but I got a real scare flying the bird today.
Took off with a new battery (not the battery that was in the bird when I did the update). Seemed stable in the hover so I send it off to about 400 mtrs away with the battery showing 86 % charge. The video on my iPad was appalling , poor quality, stuttery and loads of lag. Not up to the standard pre update, so I put it into the hover and tried changing the Image Transmission from Auto to Manual to see if I could get a better video. A couple of minutes later I got the aural "lowering landing gear" and to my horror saw the battery info had gone straight to Critical. I managed to get it back to within 50 mtrs of my position with the battery reading 0 charge on landing !!!
I charged the same battery to full this evening and when I put it into the Inspire and turned it on the status said something like ' Incorrect update, please follow correct steps to update'. When I put the original battery in, that message didn't appear. Put the new battery back in again and there's the message again. After changing the batteries a couple of times, the message on the new battery has now disappeared so I'm wondering whether it's updated itself and this was the cause of the critical battery issue.

I don't know whether this was anything to do with the update, but I got a real scare flying the bird today.
Took off with a new battery (not the battery that was in the bird when I did the update). Seemed stable in the hover so I send it off to about 400 mtrs away with the battery showing 86 % charge. The video on my iPad was appalling , poor quality, stuttery and loads of lag. Not up to the standard pre update, so I put it into the hover and tried changing the Image Transmission from Auto to Manual to see if I could get a better video. A couple of minutes later I got the aural "lowering landing gear" and to my horror saw the battery info had gone straight to Critical. I managed to get it back to within 50 mtrs of my position with the battery reading 0 charge on landing !!!
I charged the same battery to full this evening and when I put it into the Inspire and turned it on the status said something like ' Incorrect update, please follow correct steps to update'. When I put the original battery in, that message didn't appear. Put the new battery back in again and there's the message again. After changing the batteries a couple of times, the message on the new battery has now disappeared so I'm wondering whether it's updated itself and this was the cause of the critical battery issue.
Im pretty sure you must leave the files in the SD card so the new battery can update.

Yes I did leave the bin file on the sd card, this is the txt file that it generated with the new battery in,

========== 2015.03.04 18:11:15 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.03.04 18:14:34 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:03 unsynchronized ======

========== 2015.03.04 20:15:27 =====================
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2015.03.04 20:24:43 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 unsynchronized ======

========== 2015.03.04 20:38:07 =====================

Yes I did leave the bin file on the sd card, this is the txt file that it generated with the new battery in,

========== 2015.03.04 18:11:15 =====================

========== 2015.03.04 18:14:34 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:03 unsynchronized ======

========== 2015.03.04 20:15:27 =====================

========== 2015.03.04 20:24:43 =====================

========== 2015.03.04 20:38:07 =====================
Try formatting the sd card again and try again.

That won't work as once the aircraft is updated it won't connect anymore to a radio that isn't.

That won't work as once the aircraft is updated it won't connect anymore to a radio that isn't.
I agree 100%, I thought he said he was able to update the slave RC and was having trouble updating the Master, I must have misread or confused with another poster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArleneOce4